• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
i cant trade my celebi cuz its saying that it has a special ribbon, is anybody else dealing with this?

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
Years
Tech Support?

Hey there, PC. Long time, no see. I'm back again to ask all you tech savvy people out there a question.

Now, I have no idea where else to put this, so I figured I'd put it in the place relevant to the game I needed help with. If it's in the wrong place, of course by all means let me know where to put it, but I'm certainly not finding any tech support threads around here. D:

ANYWAY
Here's the deal.
I'm on a college campus. I'm trying to connect via my router to various online B/W features. Random battles and Wi-Fi room, specifically.

Now, here's what happens. In the Wi-Fi room, I'm able to show up and walk into the room. However, any time I try to interact with another player, the game times out. I talk to a waiting player, it sits there for a good minute or two, then the player floats up as if they had logged off, then float back down. We are both reset to not doing/looking for anything.

Meanwhile, in the Random Battle feature, the game just searches endlessly for a battle.

And even stranger, the GTS works just fine. I can offer and trade Pokemon via that quite easily.

Understandably, I want to have more than that. So. If anyone has a feel for what's going on, by all means, help me out by posting some troubleshooting tips. And, if by this, you happen to know for a fact it's just the campus internet giving me problems, tell me. You know, so I can stop being annoyed with this and falsely hoping that I'll find a way online.

Thankya!

Edit after thread move: Ah, the Quick Questions thread, gotcha. I wouldn't have figured this to be quick, necessarily. But whatever works!

- Tyros

Last edited:

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
Hey there, PC. Long time, no see. I'm back again to ask all you tech savvy people out there a question.

Now, I have no idea where else to put this, so I figured I'd put it in the place relevant to the game I needed help with. If it's in the wrong place, of course by all means let me know where to put it, but I'm certainly not finding any tech support threads around here. D:

ANYWAY
Here's the deal.
I'm on a college campus. I'm trying to connect via my router to various online B/W features. Random battles and Wi-Fi room, specifically.

Now, here's what happens. In the Wi-Fi room, I'm able to show up and walk into the room. However, any time I try to interact with another player, the game times out. I talk to a waiting player, it sits there for a good minute or two, then the player floats up as if they had logged off, then float back down. We are both reset to not doing/looking for anything.

Meanwhile, in the Random Battle feature, the game just searches endlessly for a battle.

And even stranger, the GTS works just fine. I can offer and trade Pokemon via that quite easily.

Understandably, I want to have more than that. So. If anyone has a feel for what's going on, by all means, help me out by posting some troubleshooting tips. And, if by this, you happen to know for a fact it's just the campus internet giving me problems, tell me. You know, so I can stop being annoyed with this and falsely hoping that I'll find a way online.

Thankya!

- Tyros

Is your connection speed good? I assume it is probably shared, being on a campus, and probably not all that great speed with all the other people probably using their laptop and smart phones and what-not as well...

I'd say you are probably just lagging out, and barely able to stay connected to things other than the GTS, which is a lot simpler to connect with.

i was resetting my DS to try and get a good zoroark from an event and i just wanted to know if IVs 27/31/27/4/22/28 were good IVs?

Assuming that is HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed?
It depends, that's pretty good for a physical type Zoroark, as the sp. attack is lacking, though I doubt it's very noticeable since Zoroark has 120 base sp. attack and 105 base attack, but overall, most being over 20=Good IVs.

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
Years
Is your connection speed good? I assume it is probably shared, being on a campus, and probably not all that great speed with all the other people probably using their laptop and smart phones and what-not as well...

I'd say you are probably just lagging out, and barely able to stay connected to things other than the GTS, which is a lot simpler to connect with.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was hoping it wasn't.

I can run Netflix, though, with minimal problems. (And of course I've tried connecting with Netflix off, to give myself maximum connection speed.) And even during Spring Break, I couldn't get it to work, and that was when the amount of people on campus was more than halved.

Wouldn't the resulting faster connection (from people being gone) work better?

- Tyros

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
i was resetting my DS to try and get a good zoroark from an event and i just wanted to know if IVs 27/31/27/4/22/28 were good IVs?

It's pretty good, especially if you're going for physical. 4 is probably going to force you to become a Physical, so not much choice.

G0D M0DE

Chimpokomon Trainer
Years
Where does one get the base stat reducing berries?

Got some pokemon to fix, so yeah.
Who knows?

G0D M0DE

Chimpokomon Trainer
Years
Berries are uncommon in B/W, so you would have to get the berries via past generation games and either transfer over, or -possibly- get it from Dream World, not 100% sure about this, however.
If only you could transfer them over !
Because of the poketransfer lab in B/W you can't transfer any held items over. /:

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2014
Hey guys, I'd like your opinions. I have PKM Platinum with at least 250 PKM caught and I've put heaps of hours in the game to finish it. For HG I've done the same but only have 160 PKM and for SS I've got 20 PKM and haven't beaten the game.

Should I transfer all my PKM to Black and White? Or what are you guys views?

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
Bought a second hand version of white recently and was reading the instruction leaflet about this pokemon you can get through mystery gift, but it says one per cartridge. The game had already been restarted so assuming this pokemon had already been downloaded can i still get it? Would be Mighty Unfair if I cant just because its second hand, how was I to know?
Cheers
-Mendonky.

I Didnt really get an answer to this... Anyone?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Can someone give us an answer?

While I don't know either answer - I suggest you wait a little longer than 3 hours, considering nobody else had posted in-between. This is usually an inactive period for this section, so if you wait until a little bit later on in the day, then you're more likely to receive responses.

(Actually yours is really up to you - since nobody can really -decide- for you if YOU want to transfer the Pokemon to gen 5 or not).

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Still Not answered. Yet the question right after it got anwered like 5 times lol.

Wow, I'm surprised no one answered this..

Yes, every wild Pokemon will have the rare appearance music, it's Gamefreak's way to make it Victory Road special. Unless you fight Terrakion, who has it's own music

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
...Really? o_O; Then that would mean that the only way one could ever grow berries or anything for that matter would be via Dream World...

As of now, the berries available to be grown in the Dream World aren't EV-fixing berries, just throwing that out there.

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
What is the differences between applying Lid Fossil or Wing Fossil in Ancient Castle near Route 4?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What is the differences between applying Lid Fossil or Wing Fossil in Ancient Castle near Route 4?

The Wing fossil means you can get Archen, the flying/rock type, and the Lid one means you can get Tirtouga, the water/rock type. And you can revive them at Nacrene Museum :)

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011

The Wing fossil means you can get Archen, the flying/rock type, and the Lid one means you can get Tirtouga, the water/rock type. And you can revive them at Nacrene Museum :)

Could you also tell me what is the code of the 2 pokemon in pokedex?
I am playing a japanese version and I could not Search the name :(
Thanks a lot!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Could you also tell me what is the code of the 2 pokemon in pokedex?
I am playing a japanese version and I could not Search the name :(
Thanks a lot!

Oh the pokedex numbers? Right, #70 for Tirtouga and #72 for Archen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back