• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wierd pok?mon things..

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • there's a lot more strange stuff in Pokemon than these... The legendary birds have "123" as part of their naming so you can't really say that it's strange...

Can someone explain to me where do you buy steriods in the Pokemon world? Certainly the dragonite near bill's lighthouse had some... so where do you buy it?

So if Mewtwo is a Pokemon that's invented, how come there's a picture of it in Bill's door?

Just how much "animals" are there in the Pokemon world? We see fishes, owls and worm... so how many "animals" are there?

That's all (for now)

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Can someone explain to me where do you buy steriods in the Pokemon world? Certainly the dragonite near bill's lighthouse had some... so where do you buy it?

Just how much "animals" are there in the Pokemon world? We see fishes, owls and worm... so how many "animals" are there?

I can answer these two...sort of :P

I know that in one episode of pokemon brock mentioned that a giant Sunflora in a Sunflora contest had to be on steroids...so we know there are in the pokemon world, we just don't know exactly where.

And I can name two other animals in the pokemon world: frogs and birds. There's a frog on the TR oddish card and a bird on the Jungle Weepinbell card.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • But those are on the cards... all of the ones I'm referring to is in the show.

In the episode where the St.Anne sunk, Satoshi said "Fish swimming?" Then there are fishes swimming outside.

Pidgeotto in Virdian Forest swooped down to eat a worm (then Satoshi sends out poor Caterpie against it ^_^; )

I believe that in the first season, some owl resembling bird was standing on a tree for a few seconds as a filler scene.

What did Musashi do to Seviper exactly...? Seviper is like super and unbeatable before it is captured. It beat up Treecho, almost ate Torchic alive and was only damaged (and forced retreat because it was one lone seviper vs. 3 trainers) by Pikachu's all time ultimate thunderbolt. After Musashi captured it... it like decreased in lvl by 30 or something? Hmm... perhaps that mega kick and fury swipes, not to mention the evil glare of doom with those freaky red eyes destroyed all sense of battling spirit in Seviper...

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
  • Oh! I love weird things!
    Through out the series, they often say the wrong name for a pokemon.
    As for other intresting weird things. How come Mew is 151, and Mewtwo is 150, when Mew is anceint, and Mewtwo was just found. Also, Togepi was found before Mewtwo- explain that! haha...
    Almost every house in the game boy games don't have a bed or major appliances (until recently).
    Which way is metapods front? That's always confused me, lol.
    In the first episode with Electrobuz and Syther, it said they hate red and all that. Yet we've seen it several dozen times since then, and it's never hated Red like that. IE: Tracy caught one, there was on in one of the pokemon leagues I believe, and the whole forrest of syther in the one where Tracy caught it, AND in some episode where they mentioned bug pokemon, (I think the Bug Tournament) Sythers made back round appearences.
    How does the pokedex work? And its clearly water proof!
    EVERY pokemon from the first 150 made some anime appearence.
    All the Officer Jenny's have a different shape on their hat, thats *REALLY* how brock tells them apart...its the joys you have to work with.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Oh, if we're talking about the anime then that's pretty much all I can think of too...Ash does eat meat from time to time doesn't he though? Like beef and chicken and stuff...*shrug* Oh, and Brock mentioned a dove when he talked about Noah when they were all on the raft after the St. Anne went down, right? Those are the only other instances I can think of...

The Kraig

The Evil Scotsman
    Years
  • I find it slightly strange that in R/S you battle a Poochyena to save Birch, but you don't get any EXP. points for it. Not amazing, but it doesn't make sense.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I suppose that's just because it's a demo battle...the pokemon technically isn't yours yet so it can't gain experience points from battling with you.

sableye

She's Mine!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 13, 2005
    Ash sees ho-oh in the first ever episode of pokemon before gold and silver were even out

AJHalliwell

Years
  • It does how ever support the theory floating around that the 1717 (or something) pokemon have already been designed.
    And a weird thing: Why should a slowpoke have to combine with a shelder, Jessie's out a pokeball because of it now!
    Don't you just love the plant names for professors, lol.
    You can become a trainer before age ten! Max almost got a slakoth at age 8 i think.
    Pikachu knew how to operate the pokedex before ash did! (see: first episode; second episode)
    Someone once told me that (around when pokemon started, around time of first showing of "Bulbasaurs and the Hidden Garden" i think? That lt. surge was going to join them to, xD obviosly not true.
    A traditional gym battle is 3vs3, yet on occasions this is wavered.
    Okay, thats all for now.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I can add to two of your comments:

About Shellder and Slowpoke, I believe I heard somewhere that a compound that shellder injects into slowpoke when it bites its tail is the only thing that can trigger its evolution...if it gets bitten on the head, the compound modifies its brain, thus making Slowking incredibly smart...

And about Pikachu knowing how a pokedex works, he probably spent a lot of time with Professor Oak before Ash took him...I'm sure he's observed a lot that Oak's done, so it makes sense he'd know something about the pokedex.

Seoul

diiirr!
    Years
  • I have always found the type combo of kabutops a bit ironic..
    water/rock?

and the chansey line being female only.. O.o
    oh yes.. and the jynx breeding thing. Im under the impression that the only way to get a smoochum is to get two jynxes together.. or am I just misleading myself? Ive never attempted breeding them and this was one of thoes factoids on GS before they came out in north america here.

and i forget anything else i just thought of.

Last edited:

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    You can get a smoochum if you breed ditto and Jynx.

What I think is wierd is in the first pokemon movie when the traienrs are leavign for the island durign the storm if you watch closley a boy rides of on a fearow, Yet at the island there is no trainer wit ha fearow.

AJHalliwell

Years
  • *In the first movie, everyone there owned one of the starting pokemon from professor oak's 3rd evolvment.
    *The one guy in that movie only collected Blue pokemon (mostly water type)
    *Isn't it intresting how all the pokemon can say is there names? In ENGLISH!? Do you think this is how the english language started in the pokemon world. And "Ratatta" is the real origin of the word Rat. Think about it for a sec, and you'll get what I mean.
    *I think Sammy's pokeball from the Celebi movie is just strange enough to be mentioned.
    *(not really weird, but a question) ESPeon, is from E.S.P. (Extra Sensory Perception; mind reading) for psycic; is there a signifigant origin of "UMB"?
    (I'll add more later, because none of my sites are loading...this one didn't all the way either, hm...)

Back