• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Were you sucked into the Pokemon Madness of the 20th Century?

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    yeeep... obviously. Although I found out what it was before it released worldwide.

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
  • nope, in fact i was one of the people who laughed at all the geeks and nerds who liked pokemon, how the tables have turned, now im one of those "geeks and nerds" XP theres a saying about this "dont knock it until you try it"

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • nope, in fact i was one of the people who laughed at all the geeks and nerds who liked pokemon, how the tables have turned, now im one of those "geeks and nerds" XP theres a saying about this "dont knock it until you try it"
    ME TOO! 8D How romantic! XD
    But I did eventually get into it. When Pokemon was having a sneak premier of it's 2000 movie, I can even remember myself sitting in front of my small tv, cheering at the huge crowd of people and the guy on the stage complaining about how people called it "Pokeman". Ah, those were the days!

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
  • Crystal Clair said:
    ME TOO! 8D How romantic! XD
    But I did eventually get into it. When Pokemon was having a sneak premier of it's 2000 movie, I can even remember myself sitting in front of my small tv, cheering at the huge crowd of people and the guy on the stage complaining about how people called it "Pokeman". Ah, those were the days!

no way,well thats cool, i actually got into it much later, in fact it wasnt till Pokemon Heroes that i liked it then i dont know something snapped in my brain and i immediatly got sucked into the vortex called Pokemon

Insomnium

♥ ~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015
    I didn't even know of its existence until the first season of the anime, and even then, It was kind of an on-off type thing, in fact for a while, I thought it was kind of babyish, but just recently, I've really gotten into it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ......I've been in it ever since the very moment it hit the US...I was one of the first to own cards...but not the games. In fact, there were some kids playing it in the playground and looking at cards at school and when I asked to try it they simply brushed me off...I eventually got them...Yet, if I knew they still played and I were to battle them now, I don't care how strong they would have become--I would CRUSH THEM!!!! AND MY CARD COLLECTION WOULD MAKE THEIRS LOOK LIKE A STARTER DECK'S WORTH!!!!!!!!! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Until the Anime popped up on US soil, I always thought that Pokémon was a puzzle-like game from the commercials I've seen. Remember the vacuum cleaner sucking up all the Pokémon, including a Pikachu off a curtain? (man, I'm suprised that I remember that!) I thought that 'catching 'em all' refered to blocks...

Well, I've been hooked since the Anime, and I regreted that I didn't start the TCG sooner, or else I'd be a collecting fool. Thing about card games is that I want to be there for the first set of cards so that I can customize them for the future. Oh well.

I also wished I could have obtained the Mangas released in US when they were first out. I have absolutely no clue about the series...

Insomnium

♥ ~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015
    I remember flipping through the channels and seeing it, I had thought it was kind of stupid (unfortunatly for me) now I wish I had gotten more into it when it first came out, I'm desperate to find a manga! Does anyone know where you can find one?

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
  • as soon as i had seen it i had fallen in love^.^especaily with misty then when she went off i chucked my toys out the cot XD..but i still adore pokemon

The Angel of Darkness

The Dark Messenger
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I was also into it the minute I watched the anime. I was like " Theres a GAME of this?!" first off, then I bought it...I'm hooked...

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Meh.. I saw a screening of Pokemon Movie 1 once with a few friends who bugged me into seeing it.
    Since then I've been addicted, well, I began playing Silver right after seeing the movie. Boy was I a game n00b then.

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
  • dqle said:
    It sure helps if you view life as a funny thing, though!

Oddly enough, my friends know that I support Pok?mon, though they don't even try to insult me. They still don't support it, though.

Exactly!!! A funny life is a fun life...

I have friends and Members of my anime club who know I like Pokemon, and they respect it enought to not make to much fun of me either.:D

ethankaiba

Banned
    Years
  • pkmn t johto

i love the pokemon johto(journeys,leaguechamps,masterquest).i wish i liked pokemon when johto journeys and orange islandscame out.i like the theme songs too.do do do do everybody wants to bea master ,everybody gonna show their skills o,sorry

Back