• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
That'd be kind of pointless if you were trying to make a conversation from it though.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
To be honest, I don't know anyone who successfully makes an actual conversation out of a status update. They're either looking for support, attention, people being nosy, etc. Hmm I dunno, maybe this is why I don't have a twitter and I hardly update my facebook.

ruby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
That all depends on how interested people are in what you're saying.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I used to be really into Twitter. Now I have virtually no use for it and deactivated my account. It just got so boring.

Years
To be honest, I don't know anyone who successfully makes an actual conversation out of a status update. They're either looking for support, attention, people being nosy, etc. Hmm I dunno, maybe this is why I don't have a twitter and I hardly update my facebook.
I think that's also why both my twitter and facebook accounts are more or less rotting by now (facebook more so, since at least I'll use twitter every once in a while).

It's just...I dunno, I don't usually have much interesting to talk about myself on there, and I'm not going to put a status update on every little boring thing I do, so. Those things will sit unused by me until such a time as something does happen.

(Plus in the case of Facebook, if I don't use it I can claim I don't have one without feeling like I'm lying - very good for people I know online who keep asking if I have one, and yet I don't want to give it to them. ><)

ruby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I think it's been just very recently been two years since I deleted my facebook, and a little over a year since I deleted my Twitter.

I decided a while ago that I'd like to keep my online life separate from my offline life, as nobody in my offline life visits the internet for the same reasons I do.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Guess I'm against current and just started tweeting somewhat XD; You can make convos out of it to certain extents cause it's just a lot of replies back and forth, only with a character limit. Even in real life chats, conversations start about talking about something of interest generally or you ask what is going on in the other person's lives. Twitter/facebook just cut out the middle step by having the person talk about how things are going in their daily lives, without someone asking about it first. It's just one of many ways to keep in contact with people really.

Aren't forums like PC here to serve similar functions? You can't have the greatest/"more private" chats with members strictly through the threads, but you can find people of similar interest and then PM them to further the friendship.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I rarely ever post status updates on Twitter or Facebook. I use them as another form of communication - most of my tweets are @ other people and having a conversation with them.

As far as PM goes, I prefer having one-on-one real time conversations on IM clients. PM and email just aren't the same as having an MSN or Skype convo.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Yes that is true, but how you get IMs/Skypes in the first place is via PM/Email first probably XD; Yeah most of the time I just tweet responses to others, but then it's more a method to chat with existing friends instead of expanding your social circle.

While we're on that topic though *randomly IMs Mork*

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I rarely ever post status updates on Twitter or Facebook. I use them as another form of communication - most of my tweets are @ other people and having a conversation with them.

As far as PM goes, I prefer having one-on-one real time conversations on IM clients. PM and email just aren't the same as having an MSN or Skype convo.

Yeah this basically! Though I do like to keep facebook to keep in touch with old friends, acquaintances, and old collegues too! Once in a while it is nice to get or send them a message

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015

I used to do that as well when I first started out on Twitter, it was quite fun,haha. Then the people I used to talk to on there just stopped talking to me which is sad, but oh well :(

Years
It's actually kind of intimidating, the red colour I mean. Could be just me but the orange felt a bit more reassuring.
All you people with your post counts in the thousands you.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im kind of confused about the difference between Assistant Admins and Staff Admins myself. Then again this is the first forum I've been to with such a difference,so it's confusing for me. On other forums it's just Mod, Super Mod and Admin.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Never knew what staff members do beyond the local mods XD; I suppose that there's just other board maintenance type of thing that goes on in the back that we aren't aware of, yet it all needs to be done. Or sometimes, just need mods with global powers in case a local mod is absent in an emergency.

As for the color red, not really all that intimidating to me o_o; just another color like everything else XD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back