• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rm2k3 over RMxp

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
well I will say rmxp because you only have to code ONCE instead repeatabley Like dbz legacy of goku abs and the Legacy of goku 3 menu so I choose rmxp
because of the screens iv seen in rmxp it looks SOO freaking awesome im amazed it would take an amazing rm2k3 expert to do that and all you had to do was make a cool script so my vote RMXP.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Scripting in XP is good I hear. Haven't tried it myself. A lot of the commands lost their power from 2k3 to XP, so unless you know Ruby scripting, I recommend 2k3. Especially since I'm pretty good with graphics and don't have a problem with 256 colors versus 32 bit. I haven't seen any games that truely tap into the graphic power of XP, but what I can do in 2k3 is still superior to XP RTP in my very humble opinion.

Overall XP is the better choice though.

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
DarkMage31 said:
Scripting in XP is good I hear. Haven't tried it myself. A lot of the commands lost their power from 2k3 to XP, so unless you know Ruby scripting, I recommend 2k3. Especially since I'm pretty good with graphics and don't have a problem with 256 colors versus 32 bit. I haven't seen any games that truely tap into the graphic power of XP, but what I can do in 2k3 is still superior to XP RTP in my very humble opinion.

Overall XP is the better choice though.

I agree for the most part but RM2k(3) has this fuzzy feeling when you work with it(dunno for you but I have it :P) and I don't have that with RMXP, alltough it is bigger at chipset I mis that feeling.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
I choose XP, it has a very convenient scripting capability, as you said, Rm2k3dude, you only have to script it once, to make continuous effects, it also is very flexible, as, you can edit the scripts to make them what you want.
And, better yet, whilst importing, it no longer checks for the size of the image, thus, you can use one source [like, Game over screen] for something entirely unidentical to what it's made for.

The only down thing to XP is the double sized graphics, pokemon games would look very pixelated, due to this.

Yes, DarkMage, some of the built-in commands in Rm2k3 were removed in RMXP, a great example would be the Memorize Location Script. But, one expert, DubeAlex, has managed to create an identical script to that, so, I think, that Enterbrain removed commands which could be done in RGSS [The Scripting Capability in RMXP]

To sum it up, if you would like a more flexible engine, I advise you to use RMXP, otherwise, if you'd like, a simple, yet effective engine, use Rm2k3.

In my opinion, I would definately stick with RMXP

^ That was my evaluation :D

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
Years
lots of commands in rm2k3 are "deleted",
but they can be replaced with scripts!
like the memorize location, dubealex made it in rgss.
as you can see, you can create even newer things with rgss.
so i deffiniatly go for rmxp.

Back