• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: Super Smash Bros *Insert really cool sounding word here.*

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
super_smash_bros_logo.png

Hack of : Super Smash Bros (N64)

Features: Updated and custom textures

Well sweeties, I'm pretty sure nobody here has been talking about hacking Super Smash Bros. XD
Well this isn't a ROM hack, per say, it's a hack of the game's textures. It's a little project I've been working on in my spare time on my sister's computer. I'm content with it, I might be releasing this sometime, this year. XD
Here's the original screens if you can't remember how the game looked. XD

Original Screens My Screens

FAQ:
Q: hey grl how did u hax the rom?!11one
A: I didn't. This is more of a modification of the game's texture that have been dumped and imported using Rice's Video plugin.
Q: CAN U MAKE NEW MODELS?!!?
A: Not at this time, sweetie.
Q: WHEN R U GOING TO RELEASE THIS?!
A: Several of months after Europe gets Brawl. XD

Well sweeties, whatcha think? =3

Last edited:

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
Years
Hmmm, I'm not to sure about the title screen....

But anyway, i love the idea to replace the mushroom kingdom with the equivalent graphics from smb2. Maybe try making it all based on retro games or something.

By the way, IS there an actual theme to this texture replacement? And will you be using higher res textures or just redone textures (cant tell from screenshots)

Jeremy

Years
The title screen is a working in progress, sweetie.

There's not much of a theme sweetie, just my personal modifications. I'm using a combination of hi-res textures and re-done, sweetie.
i texures, including the backgrounds, which will be a pain, but worth it. XD

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Win. You are amazing. I'd definitely get this one... It makes it look FAR better.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Looks great Jeremy! I can't wait for the release. SSB is one of my favorite N64 Games. :)

Good luck, I hope you get it all done. :D

Mitchman

Banned
Years
*faints on the floor and tries to use revive* What is goin on. Jeremy you got 2 ice hacks a texture hack and another one that after this i going to look into. Pleasee dont quit anything cause you always know how to cheer us up.

Jeremy

Years
Thanks sweeties for the positive feedback. ^^

Right now I'm trying to decide on how to edit Kirby's stage's textures. Should I borrow Melee's textures, or should I make them crayon style a la Kirby's Dreamland 3.

I'm open to new suggests to sweeties. x3

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Hello! Cool hack! I love it and I have never seen a hack of SSB!
It would be cool if you do a Nintendogs style scenario or a Mario and Luigi Super Staga style scenario!

Anyways! Best of luck!

Jeremy

Years
Thanks sweetie. =3

I like the idea about M&LSS. That gives me a little idea about the stages. XD

Well sweetie, I'm still open to suggestions sweeties. =3 I'll post some new screens by the week. XD

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
hey dude... it sounds awesome!
i would get it i luvved the original! :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
you are the best jeremy,hope you win hack of the month,for originality......and for the kirby model,i would love either one of them <3

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2008
Nice hack! Though I think the character select icons should be bordered, but it looks good so far.

I know that the Spriter's resource has Mario's Melee texture, so experiment around with that. ;P

I think the Melee-style Dreamland would be cool. Maybe you should turn Sector Z's background into the Corneria one.

Jeremy

Years
I think the Melee-style Dreamland would be cool. Maybe you should turn Sector Z's background into the Corneria one.

Are you psychic sweetie? o.o I'm actually working Sector Z's background into Corneria. XD

I am aware of Melee's textures being ripped, I'm messing with Mario's textures, but...I need some more time, sweeties. XD

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I could see alot of great changes compared to the original. And who would think of a N64 hack this good?
The hack looks amazing Jeremy, good luck *sweetie!*

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
Years
Is this a high rez texture pack? if anyone likes this king of stuff so over to emutalk. Lots more high rez packs

Jeremy

Years
Well sweeties, it took awhile but I've been editing the stages a little bit more. x3

Here check out Mushroom Kingdom and PokéTopia! =D I'm still open to new suggestion sweeties. x3 So whatcha think? =3

Mushroom Kingdom
MushroomKingdom.png

PokéTopia (Beta)
Poketopiabeta.png

Back