• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Standard interview question #42

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Actually, let's make this a bit more interesting. In addition to that: where would you like to see yourself in 5 years time? If the two answers are different, why do you think that is?

You can all thank me later when you've got your kick-ass jobs for answering these questions so effortlessly in this practice! :D

Years
  • Can you describe a scenario where you demonstrated innovation?

Five years time I'd like to be well-versed as a consultant, possibly travelling to work on projects for clients worldwide. I can see the first part being a real possibility but unless I end up moving to a larger company, I'd only be travelling around the UK for on site work.

Years
  • I expect to be in the same situation now as I am now. At least, in the same town, probably. Maybe even the same roommate. Who knows, though?

Where would I like to be? Closer to knowing what I really want to do with my life. As of now I have no plans. Oh, and know how to drive. That'd be nice.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • This question basically indicates how much of a goal-seeker you are, and how hard you're going to work to make those goals. The more you say, while still being realistic, the better.

In 5 years, I see myself happily married, having written a bestselling, though controversial, novel (bestselling because it's controversial xD), and living a decent life with me and my beautiful wife, going on adventures, being able to relax when needed, and working on another book addressing a current social issue (like my current project). I see myself as being hardworking, yet trying to have fun, and making the most out of what life hands me.

Years
  • Well, some goals would be:

• In a job I enjoy
    • Nice flat
    • Living with my girlfriend
    • Nice income
    • Have been travelling or have travelling planned

I know they are pretty standard, but they would make me happy.​

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Career/education-wise, considering I'm in Year 10 now, in five years time I'd hope to be in my second or third year of medicine. (But that's just a really rough idea). Family wise, travelling wise, job wise, I'm not sure, I haven't really looked that far ahead. Probably be able to spend a but more time with my family, perhaps even move out so that might clash with the previous point, I'd be able to drive, drink (in moderation), meet someonespecial maybe? -- and have sex just really enjoy my youth years!

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    An author. A best-selling author. Then I'll win a Nobel Prize on awesomeness. I don't know, I have big dreams.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'll be the same lowly person doing the same baseless activities for my own enjoyment.

I would like to see myself developing my paracosm someplace beyond my imagination.
    The amount I could consistently tell off the top of my head is apparently my incentive not to materialise it.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Senior level Animator, living in a nice place with a nice income, enjoying my job and where I live. Be able to drive in the UK, living with my boyfriend and having just enough money for a down-payment on my first home/ investment property and have seen Japan/ planning to see Japan (+plan for other holidays too.)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I honestly don't know where I see myself in five years. That's half the fun of being young.

As to where I'd like to see myself, I'd like to be in a stable and committed relationship, I'd like to be either in or on track to what I want to do with my life (which is as yet not completely clear) and hopefully in England. I'd like to live in England, and for my boyfriend to be English. That's my dream :3

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I see myself...I hope I'm important in the world.

However what I really will be depends on how much I really care about it.

I hope to be a musician or something and help make the world a happier place, but on how to I have no clue.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Where do I see myself?
    I have no idea. xD
    With the number of things i'm pursuing right now I honestly haven't the faintest. All I know is that i'll be somewhere good. :)

Where would I like to be?
    As far as possible. Why limit yourself?

Back