• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Enter Scores

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
I have this annoying feeling that the enter score system is just a pain in the behind. Hard subjects get marked up in the final score, whereas 'easy' subjects get marked down. I'm doing 3 subjects that get marked down, but i'm not doing them cause theyre easy, and by the way, theyre not, i'm doing them because they get me to where I want later.

I feel it's unfair we get marked down because we choose these subjects, when some of them are not as easy as people say them to be.

I want to do a sports course later on, maybe Sports Management and Science, and my enter score will go down because I do the 'easy' subjects, what if in the end I do really well in all my final exams, but am rejected because the system screwed me over.

The subjects I have in mind are Psychology and Physical Education.

Any thoughts?

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Erm... please excuse my ignorance but could you please explain the Australian education system? It's always interesting to learn about what other countries do anyway.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Erm... please excuse my ignorance but could you please explain the Australian education system? It's always interesting to learn about what other countries do anyway.

I'll take you from the start, there is pre-school, which runs till whenever you feel your kid to be ready for school, which is usually around 5.

Primary school goes from Prep to Grade 6, then high school runs from Year 7 to Year 10.
Even though Year 11 and 12 are High School, they are considered VCE, which is basically pre-uni education and doing the subjects you need for your life.

VCE consists of 6 subjects max, you personally choose.
Year 11 consists of Unit 1 and 2 of those subjects, Year 12 is Unit 3 and 4.

In year 12 you do final exams in ALL of your subjects, and this goes to your enter score, (the thing I was talking about).

Subjects that are considered hard get the person extra marks on their final enter score, where subjects that are considered easy mark them down.

But some people do the 'easy' subjects because they need them for university, but if the subject gets marked down you might not have the enter score needed, which is what I was complaining about.

Back