• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Average age?

Years
I think the game was made for ages 7 and up but it's one of those games that people start playing and never give up. It's like Mario and Zelda in that aspect. I'm 26 in November.

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
Years
im 19.

i think the average age of players is 13ish

the average age of the forum members?
i think 18-21 is a pretty good guess

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Recently turned 18.
Time to get drunk while playing Pokemon... jokes!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I'm 13 turning 14 next year and have been playing since I was 7 with emerald

Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 26, 2014
Definitely one of the oldest here- 28 & been playing since Blue came out! When I was 15 or so, none of my friends were ever really into Pokémon, but strangely enough I now have similar aged friends who are also fanatics!

ashketchum23

I love Pokemon!
Years
I'm 18 years old, and I am turning 19 on April 15 :)
Pokemon has always felt mature, in its own way. For some reason, it seemed to vanish and fade its way to focus on the "Little Kids" audience. If that makes any sense :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 19, 2022
I am turning 21 in about a week..and I am still happily playing. Started my first game (Yellow) after just turning 8. I can still go back and watch the old episodes and laugh. I'd say it will be a while before I grow out of it, or rather grow bored of it.

Mia Mew

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
I'm 16... 16 and a half if it matters. I'm older than the kiddy fanbase but definitely not the oldest out there.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I think the average age is around 15 years old, but I think the age typically ranges from age 7 to 27.

Years
I'm 15 years old, and I started getting into Pokemon when my friends from my school brought in cards and started trading when I was about 9. I found some cards that I had in my room and I got involved. That's when I bought the games and that's about it. I stopped trading after that, nobody really didn't anymore and I never really watched the animes.

Years
I have been a fan of pokemon since I was the age of 2-3 because my mum thought it was a good tv for me to watch, and it was the first video game I ever played at 5 years old. I'm Turning 18 next March. Id Say the Average would age would be 20 as the majority of fans I have Seen and Met have been between the ages of 16 - 24

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
^My 21st birthday will be in December, the day after Christmas.

I actually got Blue version for my birthday back when I was in Kindergarten. Needless to say, Pokemon molded me into the gamer I am now. I went into the game not even knowing how to select a starter (my aunt chose Charmander for me, but I later found out I preferred Bulbasaur). Pokemon aided my reading, vocabulary, and problem-solving skills at that early age. Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else arguing about the educational value of Pokemon.

Ok, enough rambling.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I'm 19. My birth year being 1994.

I think that Pokemon should be for players of all ages. :3

Years
I am 18 - I used to watch anime as a kid because it was on our tv and I really loved it <3 But than they stopped showing it on tv so I stopped watching and I kinda forgot about pokemon - until like 2 years ago when one of my friends was like: "Hey! Remember pokemon? I found out emulators and pokemon games ... We should really play!" And I was like: Ok - so my first game was Emerald. Brand new game and generation to me - I only remembered good old gen 1 so it was an awesome experience to me :) Been playing a lot since that time :)

Back