• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My OU Sandstorm Team

Fire Walker

The Wanderer
Years
  • 248.gif
    635.gif
    598.gif
    593.gif
    534.gif
    445.gif

248.gif

Tyranitar @ Chopple Berry
    Sassy / Sand Stream
    252 HP, 172 Sp Atk, 84 Sp Def
    Crunch
    Flamethrower
    Ice Beam
    Thunder Wave

Tyranitar obviously sets up the sandstorm. While incapable of sweeping a team, T-tar takes hits very well and threatens with super effective special attacks. While Mixtar is nothing inventive and most opponents will partially expect an Ice Beam coming from Tyranitar, Thunder Wave catches a lot of opponents by surprise and cripples a lot of Tyranitar's common switch-ins. Additionally, Tyranitar can paralyze threats like Lati@s who sometimes won't immediately switch away from Tyranitar out of fear of being hit with Pursuit (Assuming they haven't seen me use Crunch...).

635.gif

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
    Modest / Levitate
    252 Spe Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Draco Meteor
    Dragon Pulse
    Surf
    Flamethrower

Hydreigon is a beast. His massive Draco Meteors gives the team some much needed special attacking power. He cuts massive holes in a lot of walls that would normally give my other pokes trouble. Coupled with his plethora of resistances, he usually has an easy time switching in.

598.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Relaxed / Iron Barbs
    252 HP, 64 Def, 316 Sp Def
    Power Whip
    Gyro Ball
    Stealth Rock
    Leech Seed

With Tyranitar not packing Stealth Rocks, this guy is obliged to. Fortunately, he has a really easy time setting them up. Gyro Ball hits Dragons and anything else that is fast really hard, letting Ferrothorn stop a sweep assuming he isn't too badly damaged beforehand. Power Whip/Leech Seed are standard, and for good reason. Ferrothorn also is a champ at taking the Ice attacks that my Dragons draw to them.

593.gif

Mr. Pringles @ Leftovers
    Calm / Cursed Body
    252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Speed
    Scald
    Recover
    Toxic
    Taunt

With all the fighting weaknesses I have, I need someone able to take the hits. The jellyfish is able to take hits hard on both ends of the spectrum. Toxic is chosen over Will-o-Wisp because stalling out waters/walls is generally better than a 75% chance of a burn (seriously, the accuracy on WoW sucks!). Scald is used over surf so I still have the option to burn if I want to.

534.gif

Conkelderp @ Leftovers
    Adamant / Guts
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Sp Def
    Mach Punch
    Drain Punch
    Bulk Up
    Stone Edge

Due to the lack of a choice scarfer, this guy offers some much needed priority to the team. The first 3 moves are standard and nothing noteworthy, but Stone Edge was chosen over Payback because I desperately need something to hit flyers outside of residual Stealth Rock damage. He was chosen over Scizor because I wanted to minimize the number of quad weaknesses I was packing (despite the fact I have quite a few).

445.gif

Chomps @ Yache Berry
    Jolly / Hax Veil
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 HP
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang
    Sword Dance

I love this guy and he is the reason I play Sandstorm. Due to the really large amount of scarfchomps out there, he can bluff a scarf if he has to, which often costs the opponent the match if they make an improper switch against him. Sand Veil is as haxxy as ever. I try to avoid using him until mid to late game unless the opponent is just begging to be set up on.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Stealth Rock is still the standard on Tyranitar to get it up early. If you choose to go this way, Ferrothorn will have to drop Gyro Ball for Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock for Spikes.

(just something for you to think about, since it's best to get entry hazards as early as possible, IMO)

Xilsnow

Hero of Lore
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    One thing that has a good counter on each one of these is Eelektross. Eelektross's movepool has everything needed to counter this team. If I'm not mistaken, your not allowed more than one of a single hold item and isn't Garchomp in Uber...?

Last edited:
    Back