• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Auto-hide locked / moved threads

Years
I think we should have a function where locked or moved threads cannot be seen (similar to the 30-day cutoff for threads we can set in our options)

Doesnt have immediate benefits, but makes it simpler, there are times when I open a closed thread; try to post and... damn. lol

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
I believe locked threads are to show members what not to do. So it serves a purpose.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What munna said... Aaand, for moved threads, pretty sure you can turn on/off showing the message if it has been moved.

Oh yeah, before viewing a thread, you can see it's locked in either its forum or new posts, so don't get why you wouldn't realise it's locked and try to post. XD;

Plus, there's always deleted threads which are deleted for a reason :3

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Another reason why closed stuff can be seen is so that the people who made those threads can see what happened to their thread and why (in the occurrence we post why the thread is being closed), saving them wondering why their thread went missing (and others as well), and hence saving them having to ask us why the thread is missing. Which I suppose would be annoying after a while, especially if a lot of threads get closed.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
I believe locked threads are to show members what not to do. So it serves a purpose.

Yeah. I agree. An option for disabling locked threads would cause duplicate threads that might have been asked by a previous member. I think keeping the locked threads visible lets a member know that the question was answered and saves staff the trouble of having the same question being asked more than once.

Back