• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I use a Stunfisk seriously online in random matchup.

Greetings! Hopefully this intro thread / post isn't my only one around here and I stick around. I enjoy all the pokemon games (except Diamond and Pearl, no disrespect to 4th gen fans.) I play the games competitively and for fun, for collecting and battling, and I've been with it since I was a wee lil' middle schooler playing Red version back in '98 or so. I owned, Red, Yellow, Silver, Sapphire, Black, and White 2 - as well as some various console spin offs, like Stadium and Snap back in the day.

Yes, the thread title is not a joke - and I'll have you know "Destroyer" the Stunfisk has caught many a Japanese tryhard using teams with say; Metagross, Scizor, Salamence, Terrakion, Cresselia, Garchomp, Tyranitar, and Hitmontop's off guard. I take a lot of pleasure in using questionable or alternative battle strategies and lesser used or appreciated pokemon, I'm very into the meta - my record online is more than double wins to losses, but I do only play Doubles. Singles, is in my personal opinion, a broken and unsatisfying part of the competitive pokemon games. No hate'in to whomever does partake in it, it's just not my thing.

Anyways, that's a bit about me and my pokemon involvement - lookin' forward to a hopefully long stay with y'all! I'm always up for a battle, just gimme dat FC. (right now I'm actually looking for someone to trade with D: I need to evolve a Shelmet.)

Years
  • Heya Rainbow Daaash, and welcome to PC!

If you can recall correctly, I was the girl who helped you out in the B2/W2 Quick Questions thread, so I guess you probably already know me. I love your username since Rainbow Dash is one of my fave My Little Pony characters. Do you happen to be a Brony by any chance? I'm also a Brony (well, Pegasister since I'm a girl) and I have several MLP-obsessed friends here.

Since your main interest appears to be competitive battling, you should check out the Battle Center section of the forum. It has everything you need to know about competitive battling, such as discussing tiers, strategies and more. You can also sign up for tournaments, and get your teams rated. And did you know we also have a Pokemon Showdown server? You can find it right here. I'm one of the regulars on the server (under the username +OshyHikari) so go and say hi, and you'll see several PC members on there. Alongside the battles, you can also chat there too!

And nice selection of Pokemon games you played. I only played R/S/E and all of 4th and 5th Generation. Some sections I recommend for you, based on the games you have are: Black 2 & White 2, Black & White, Advance Generation Games and Metal/Color Generation Games. You'll be sure to find some neat topics there to discuss.

Have a fun time here, and feel free to ask me (or Cirno and Cid, along with other staff members) if you need help!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Hey, Rainbow Daaash!

Welcome to PC!

That's awesome that you love all the games. A lot of people don't seem to like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum very much. I wonder why that's so. The fourth generation is among my favorites. :p I guess it's all personal taste.

I've also been playing since I was little - started with Red, too. All the games you listed I own, too. The spin-offs have never really attracted me much, but the main handheld games have for sure.

You seem to be very into competitive battling, which is great! Like Hikari said (the above poster), PC has its own battle forum here where you can request battles with others and take part in competitions, and you can also join in on PC's online battle server (PokéShowdown) and battle online with other members! You should definitely check that online server out. :) I heard it's magnificent and super fun.

& I see you want to participate in a trade to hopefully evolve your Shelmet. You should most certainly check out PC's trading corner and request a trade to see whether or not you find a person to trade with! Those forums are pretty active so you should have no troubles!

Anyways, I hope to see you around! You seem like quite a good person. :]

If you have any questions or would just like to chat, don't hesitate to leave a visitor message on my profile!

Years
  • By the looks of things this isn't your only post, soo that's awesome. :D Welcome to PC, I'm Cirno!

Aw, Diamond and Pearl was when I started following the news in Japan since the games were released there before other countries, so personally that was when I got ridiculously hooked to the series. They were a pretty huge jump from R/S/E but I guess the fourth gen isn't everyone's cup of tea. It's probably my least favorite of the generations if I had to pick one. ): You'll enjoy our amazing Battle Center and Trade Corner as they house all things battle and trade-related respectively, though there are myriads of other places here that'll catch your eye, especially since you appear to be a really diverse fan. I'm very happy to hear you played the spinoffs - they deserve more love. <3; I'm not very good at double battles but I do like to play competitively, so maybe I'll learn a thing or two about competitive double battling from you sometime!

Stunfisk is pretty awesome though. So awesome that I think our "Stunfisk'd" forum skin probably sits as one of my favorite available themes. *~* Anyone who uses underrated Pokemon like those as seriously as you do gets brownie points from me. The lower tiers (NU and so forth) are much more interesting to participate in than OU or Ubers!

Anyway, have a great time here okay~

Welp. I spent like 30 minutes typing out a very wordy and thought out reply here, quoting each of the three posters above me, responding to things they said - buuuut I guess the links in the quotes counted as links I couldn't post since I'm below 15 posts still, aaaaand I lost the whole post. :L Soooo going off memory-

Hikari - yes! That was indeed me, and thank you so much for helping a confused new user to find the right place to ask the right questions. I did in fact find someone to evolve my shelmet, who I'm naming some perversion of Naruto. Not that I'm a big fan, I just think it would be funny. I give a lot of funny names to pokemon. My Conkeldurr with Iron Fist is named Stalin. Get it? Iron fist? Stalin? :D History buffs will get it... Heheh. I do also happen to be a brony too, as you guessed by my display name. I just didn't mention it in my intro, because well. It creates um. Uhhh - 'friction' - in some online communities and circles, due to bronies not being received very well everywhere on the internet. Understandably, too - it doesn't help that there are some bronies out there trying to shove ponies down people's throats like some evangelical religious crusaders. That's not me though. :P I enjoy my pony, and I don't force it on anyone else. I do enjoy it very much though... I've been to Bronycon in NY, I have various Rainbow Dash customs and attire and I CAN STOP ANYTIME I WANT. xD Lastly, thanks for the recommendations in the battle center and the other games to play. I'll be sure to check those all out, especially since I've had a good time battling / trading with someone here already.

Gyaradosamped - Hehehe. Don't mind me over here sippin' that haterade on 4th gen. Really, it's a fine generation and the games were very big for the franchise. I just let my nostalgia take control and complain about the introduction of very meta-viable, but in my personal opinion - ugly and unnecessary evolutions to a lot of 1st gen things like Mr Mime, Electabuzz, Magmar, Lickitung and others. I'm self aware enough to know I'm biased on it though, and like you said it's just taste.:P I play hate on it a lot but really I don't think it's thaaat bad. And I did succeed in evolving that Shelmet! Thank you so much for your warm introduction too. ^^ I do hope to be sticking around.

Cirno - Awh now I feel bad for dumping on 4th gen xD It did have parts even I really liked though - like Gliscor, and Lucario. There were highlights. :) Same as you said though, if I had to pick a least favorite too, that would be it. And I do have some other posts. mainly from my scrambling around last night trying to get used to the site's layout and looking for a place to get a person to evolve freakn' Shelmet with. I did enjoy the spniofffs thoughhhh - namely Snap, Pinball wich I neglected to mention - as well as a few oddball ones even I can't remember. :S OOO hey you Pikachu. I am guilty of enjoying that on the N64 a good while back. "Pikachu, use thundershock on Mom" Heheheh. On the battling, I do love me some doubles but I understand it's still lurking in about half (? I could be wrong on that) the popularity singles has, so I'm not gonna whine and only play my favored battle type. Buuut all my pokemon are specifically engineered, in IV's EV's moveset ability and otherwise, for doubles. Especially - my less commonly seen online ones like Stunfisk and Illumise. :P I did just have a really good battle with another member here, in which Illumise nearly single handedly took care of a Latias and a Cresselia. Hehehe. I love my cruddy 400 base stat total mons.

And what's this.. you say about a... A stunfisk theme / skin for the site? o.o I... I think I'll be staying here. For a while probably.

AmericanWonderland

Sassmaster
    Years
  • Hey there! I'm AmericanWonderland, another newbie! I hope you enjoy the forums as much as I do and your username is absolutely perfect, I am a bit of a brony, and Rainbow Dash is my favorite one. Hopefully I'll see you around! ^u^

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Welcome! It's really nice to hear of someone using the lesser loved pokemon seriously, a lot of my favorites aren't the "best" or "coolest" pokemon. I'm more of a roleplayer than a competitive battler, but I do plan on creating a character with a view on pokemon not dissimilair to your own.

Back