• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Samsung S3 Mini trouble

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
Years
My phone died on me earlier today. I was texting, it froze completely. Couldn't even turn it off, so I took the battery out, put it back, and nothing. It will not even charge. I've read online about accessing recovery mode, but my device is totally non-responsive, even to that.

Any suggestions before I take it in to the shop? Perhaps I should put another S3 battery in it, see if that needs replacing.

Years
Is the phone under a warranty of any sort? If it is then I see no harm in getting it either taken in for repairs or just to get it exchanged

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
Years
I don't believe so. I got this phone back in January, so the out of box warranty certainly does no apply and I don't recall applying for a year warranty. Unless that's already built in my contract, I don't see why there would still be a warranty at the moment. Ugh.

I'm just trying to avoid having it sent off for weeks and receiving a massive bill.

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
Hm... I'd recommend going through process if your phone is still able to turn on when you press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power. (it may take a while; no longer than 30 seconds)

1. Press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power
2. Keep these buttons pressed until the phone vibrates
3. Wait until you see the Android logo then release all the buttons
4. Select "wipe cache partition" with Volume Down and press Power (right hand-side)
5. After format, press Power again to reboot the phone (select reboot system now)

If you can't turn it on even after pressing and holding those buttons, or changing the battery, I'd bring it in to your carrier (or wherever you bought it) and see what they can do. Sorry about that.

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
Years
I've tried reaching recovery mode several times. Zero response. Took the device back to the shop today. Thanks anyway!

Back