• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will we have a main site for news as well as these forums?

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
Years
  • I am just wondering if we will have a main Website in the near future for these forums so we will have news and other things besides just the forums alone. In fact it might drive in more members too. Also will there be a bandwidth increase as sometimes the bandwidth gets overloaded and no one can make it to the site for up to 3 or more hours at times. It is a suggestion. Also if we have a website we may even have a better bandwidth as well too. Just some ideas I had. Thanks.:)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • About News:

I've been thinking about that, too, but in my thoughts I was limiting it to only one thread. I've also found the perfect source for everyday's news as well. But I'm sure that others have thought about it as well, and since nothing is done about it yet, it might as well not be a good idea after all. Still, I don't see why you think that making a news forum will bring new members to the site, especially when it's about pokemon.

About the bandwith increase:

I suppose the staff will answer about that, but I'm guessing that they can't do something about it (because if they could, they would have done, no doubt about it).

Years
  • Why should people using the internet use us, a home page, or just come here to ask questions in our threads when they could just go to serebii or find a search engine result.

Do they not teach internet usage in your/their/any school?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I do not see how having a main site to go along with the forums would decrease bandwidth use? Then the site would be leeching off the forums' bandwidth (and vice versa) and we'd be in an even tighter spot than we are now. o_O

At any rate, we used to have a collection of Community Sites for PC but they were discontinued the other year because we could never find any more, the ones we had were rarely (if ever) updated, and it just wasn't working out. Turns out PC can function just fine as a stand-alone forum so I doubt we'll be adding any sort of news portal or informational aspect. There are plenty of sites out there already who do a better job than we probably would.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    we will be owned by serebii and bulbapedia..
    even now serebii is owned by bulbapedia.
    There is no way to compete with a large sized wikia

Archaic

折橋 守
    Years
  • we will be owned by serebii and bulbapedia..
    even now serebii is owned by bulbapedia.
    There is no way to compete with a large sized wikia

Ewww....Wikia. We have nothing to do with those guys. We're a fully independent wiki.

As for being owned by us....not unless PPN has a much lower asking price than I'm aware of. ;)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • A mainsite has its positives and negatives.

The positive is more members.

The negative: More people registering, then being idle/SPAM possiblitly.

And, it makes us unique. You know?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Actually, PC is on the top of the list whenever someone searches for something related to ROM Hacking and related stuff too. xD;

I don't think that we need any main site just for bringing in more members. I completely agree with Ausaudriel here. PC is a HUGE database in itself due to the large number of highly informative posts and threads here. ;3

Back