• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shards, Shards, and more Shards.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
  • Okay, first off, I need advice on where to obtain the most blue shards, in the least amount of time in Pokemon Black 2.

Second, and reason for thread. The shards, to my knowledge played a small roll in the previous Pokemon games. With the release of Black and White they take on a whole new purpose, Move Tutor currency. Do you think that this was a good or bad move on the creator's part?

Me personally, hate it. I have oodles of cash thanks to the breeder grinds, and I can't buy any blue shards for a few moves I want. Its like the Move Tutor is dangling the move right in front of my nose, just out of reach.

TheUnown

Super Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    I believe you can find blue shards in Relic Passage and Reversal Mountain. Since you have oodles of money, you can buy Super or Max Repels and then just ride your bike around trying to get dust clouds to appear.

Personally, I kind of like that they brought back the Move Tutors. I only know that the Gen. IV games required shards to pay the move tutors. It was okay but I had a hard time finding blue shards in Platinum -_-;;

This time around it's a bit easier finding shards. The only bad thing is, if there's a move you want to teach but it's only available in one of the four cities and you could be so far from it you have to wait until you get there. But at least the tutors won't ask for a mix of shards like 2 red, 2 yellow, and 4 blue for a certain move. I kind of hated that in the other games.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • But at least the tutors won't ask for a mix of shards like 2 red, 2 yellow, and 4 blue for a certain move. I kind of hated that in the other games.

This was the #1 thing I hated about the move tutors in Gen IV too. I like going around caves collecting shards so I definitely prefer this system over using the BP like in Gen III. And I think the move tutors themselves are adorable so I loved finding them while exploring.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I like this system of each tutor accepting a certain color of shard instead of mixing them like in Platinum. You would have enough blue, but not enough red. Sucks. And they're easier to come across in B2W2 it seems. Use your dowsing machine lots and you'll find more, btw. There are a lot in the desert.

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • I spend a lot of time at PWT, losing btw, which gets me a lot of consolation shards. Probably not the fastest way to get them, but that's probably how I got most of mine hahaha.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • When I was trying to get the Medal for encountering a lot of dust clouds etc I was getting a ton of shards, so I think that's where I got most of mine. I like that I can use my BP on other stuff, this time around, like TMs and items.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • I've been getting a good deal of shards from the Dream Radar. It's not going to be super fast way of collecting them either, and you do need a 3DS for the app, but it does help give you a handful extra that you can transfer to your game.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I have about 14 Red Shards, 8 Green and 9 Yellow. I had 10 Blue Shards but as soon as I reached it, I exchanged it for Dark Pulse on Liepard.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I love that they utilized shards in this manner. I do wish it was easier for me to come across them, simply because I want to use the Move Tutors all the time, but that's a minor complaint. The moves the Move Tutors teach are great (Archeops + Roost = happy me) and I'm also one of the happy people at them only wanting one color shard at a time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    In need of guide to look for shard - - .... Chargestone cave dust cloud always give gem instead of shard. Relic passage give 1 of each colour at each spot. but I have no idea what to do (like taking X amount of steps) to replenish the shard at each spot

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • In need of guide to look for shard - - .... Chargestone cave dust cloud always give gem instead of shard. Relic passage give 1 of each colour at each spot. but I have no idea what to do (like taking X amount of steps) to replenish the shard at each spot

There are only two locations where in dust clouds give shards: Reversal Mountain and Relic Passage.

Back