• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3ds max design or 3ds max?

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
Hey guys! I have a friend who's giving me a free legal copy of 3ds max design, but one thing he said was that you cannot use it to make regular 3d models?. I do not believe that we cannot make regular 3d models with as it is the same thing. But still for the sake of conformation Im Asking that can we make regular 3d models on 3ds max design or not?

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
This should help you - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=10912859&siteID=123112

According to the link, all features from 3ds max design are in 3ds Max, apart from the "exposure lightning analysis".

Personally I use Autodesk 3DS MAX 2013, but the 2013 version lacks a lot of plug in support since it's new (I'm assuming this would effect both version), so you may want to wait or maybe go with an older version. Then again I'm only assuming you are going for the newest version.

Back