• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate and fix my Sunny team

Years
  • Sunny team (after fix)
    Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SDef
    Calm Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar
    - Lava Plume
    - Dragon Pulse

Ninetales (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - SolarBeam
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Will-O-Wisp

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Punch
    - Outrage
    - ExtremeSpeed

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Close Combat
    - Mach Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Overheat

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Fake Out
    - Rapid Spin
    - Close Combat
    - Sucker Punch

Venusaur (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Chrolophyll
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - SolarBeam
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Growth
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • On Darmanitan, Belly Drum is way too risky. It's safer to use Life Orb or a Choice item on it:
    -Flare Blitz
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake/Superpower
    -U-turn
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf/Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force

Heatran is a better Stealth Rock user than Aerodactyl because of better bulk and typing. Leads are practically non-existent this gen due to Team Preview:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)/Dragon Pulse
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Air Balloon/Life Orb

Typhlosion is outclassed by pretty much any Fire Pokemon, even though Eruption gives it a niche. Still it's not that good. Infernape can sweep more easily than Typhlosion can, due to higher Speed and a better move pool:
    -Fire Blast/Overheat
    -Close Combat
    -U-turn/Grass Knot
    -Mach Punch/Stone Edge
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

If you're using Rapid Spin on Hitmontop, make it a defensive one, rather than offensive:
    -Rapid Spin
    -Foresight/Toxic
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge/Sucker Punch/Rest
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate

Your team appears to be weak to Water teams outside of Venusaur. Some Pokemon to consider here are more Chlorophyll users, like Shiftry or Sawsbuck, or Dragon Pokemon (who resist Water), such as Dragonite or Latias. I'll let the other people here decide which Pokemon should go on here.

Years
  • Well thank you about Heatran part but I think I gonna keep Typhlosion cuz he's much better for a late game cleaner and Hitmontop is also good for offensive too (He's my only priority user).
    Or maybe I can remove Typhlosion to use Mach Punch on Infernape. Well thanks you very much anyway!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • To reflect new changes, Heatran has to use a Calm nature if it wants to be defensive because most of its resists come from the Special end, as well as the EV spread, 248 HP/100 SDef/160 Spe. For your other 3 slots, replace Fire Blast with Lava Plume because since your current Heatran set is more of a supporter/defender. Use a status move, like Toxic or Will-o-Wisp (in case you don't get the burn from Lava Plume) and Protect, to scout for dangerous moves, in the last 2 slots.

Use Will-o-Wisp or Hypnosis in Ninetales' last slot.

For Infernape, Flare Blitz makes it die faster (in conjunction with Close Combat); use Overheat or Fire Blast instead. EQ is also redundant with its Fighting STAB; use U-turn (to hit and scout enemies simultaneously) or Grass Knot (to hit bulky Waters hard). Of course, you have to make it Hasty/Naive to save the power of your Special moves.

Sure, Substitute can protect Venusaur from status, but you can use Sludge Bomb, as an extra STAB, or Sleep Powder, to temporarily disable a threat, over it.

Back