• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] One time item pick-up/give script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Edit: Actually figured out the setflag commands. New problem, however:

Hi all. I'm new here, and if this is a re-occurring thread I apologize. I've been using Advance Map for a little while and have ran into this problem a few times. I just want to see if it is avoidable, and if there's a workaround outside of just starting over.

Every now and then, I'll make a small script...the most recent being a give pokemon script. I added another command to it to test to see if it'd work since I'm in the trial and error process right now, and when I go to test it, all of a sudden the game won't open. So far that's happened around 3 times but I've never gotten out of Pallet Town due to just trying to grasp the concept of hacking these games. I can only imagine, however, that later in the game when I'm trying to actually make a story/game that could possibly be devasting. Thanks alot. The line I added is below.

PKSV is what I use. I originally started with the give pokemon command like I have many times. I then added the bottom talk command just to see if that's where it goes/how it works and this happened. Thanks for any help.

#dyn 0x740000
    #org @start
    lock
    checkflag 0x1001
    if 0x1 jump :end
    setflag FR_POKEMON
    countpokemon
    compare LASTRESULT 6
    if == jump @noroom
    addpokemon ZAPDOS 0x64 NUGGET 0 0 0
    setflag 0x1001
    storepokemon 0 ZAPDOS
    message @get-msg
    fanfare 0x101
    showmsg
    waitfanfare
    waitbutton
    :end
    release
    end

#org @noroom
    msgbox @noroom-msg
    callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
    release
    end

#org @noroom-msg
    = You don't have enough room in your party.

#org @get-msg
    = You got a \v\h02!

#org $gave
    message $talk2
    $talk2 1 = don't be greedy
    boxset 6
    release
    end

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Hello. Welcome to the Game Development section, which has nothing to do with Hacking. I thought the giveaway was in the forum description;
    Game Development said:
    Come here to discuss your games, and the tools used to create them. (RM2K3, RMXP, Sphere, Game Maker, etc) This is NOT the place to discuss ROM Hacks, or anything related to them!
    But clearly I was wrong. Next time try the ROM Hacking section. I'll be closing this.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back