• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jerk Rivals?

Porynoir

Cool like that...
Years
Ever since the anime began, most rivals were complete jerks.

Jerk list
Kanto: Gary
Sinnoh: Paul
Unova: Trip, Bianca (sort of)

Barry was my favorite character of the anime, and he wasn't really jerky.

Anyway, Discuss.

dnomyar27

Beginning VulpixEevee Lover
Years
[SIZE="a"]I hate Trip, if i could i'll destroy his vanillite with my Vulpix and his servine with my unfezant, hell be fainted. I like Barry and Bianca because they are in such a hurry all the time, i love pokemon.[/SIZE]

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2012
by rivals i'm assuming that you mean rivals in general and not specifically rivals to ash.

if so, then we shouldn't forget the pimple which was drew. he's very arrogant and rude especially in his debut episode where he seemed like a full-fledged heir to the jerk company left off by gary. but he can also be nice sometimes; i guess all rivals at some point notice how much of a big-headed jerk they are and realize that they should tone it down a little.

i still like drew, though, despite him being such a vain moron sometimes (scratch that: most of the time). it's pretty amusing especially to watch may get mad at drew the way ash used to rage over gary.

harley should be in there, too. but "jerk" doesn't seem like the right term for him. more like "genuinely repugnant".

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I wouldn't consider Bianca as a jerk rival; she's more of the clueless type.

Anyway, I wasn't very fond of Paul during the D/P saga because of the way he treated his Pokemon and how disrespectful he was towards Ash early-mid D/P. Trip does come in close for being a jerk to Ash in general.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I don't know why some of you are hating on Bianca. All she is is a walking disaster who hasn't a clue about the ins & outs of Pokémon training. She's a good enough person outside of her lack of dexterity.

To sum it up, Paul would take my vote as the biggest jerk that I've ever seen. I mean really, he looks down on other trainers who doesn't see to his exact method of training & raising Pokémon. Thank god Ash rose to the challenge when he needed to the most.

Other rivals that would qualify as jerks in my book would both be Burgundy & Georgia. Burgundy is an arrogant connoisseuss who always snipes at a trainer's Pokémon of its flaws, rather than giving them praises & advice. To add insult to injury, she can't even do this sort of thing, as she is a lowly C-class.

For Georgia, she pretty much is someone who gloats about her adventures of dragon busting, & thus thinks that she is all that. That's bad company in my book.

Both of these two are a term which I won't mention here. If one is bold enough to know what that term is, they can PM (not VM) me.

Years
Well the rivals are just that. Rivals. They aren't really supposed to be kind or anything, though being total jerks toward their own pokemon (Paul) is a bit much. I've never really hated the way the characters act, seeing as they just push whatever plot along & you don't really see the all that often.

Back