• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokefan for Life

Years
  • I've been playing pokemon since I was about 11-12. I remember that my sister watched the anime on TV before going to school. My friends at lunch had a pokemon strategy book, so I got into it and bought Red and Blue. My first pokemon was Charmander. It was my favorite pokemon. I always chose the starter pokemon that evolved into the pokemon on the box, so I picked Charmander for Red and Squirtle for Blue. It turned out well because I didn't really like Bulbasaur. I ended up playing Bulbasaur for Leaf Green.

Those were the good old days when Game Boy Color was the most advanced handheld gaming system and the sprites were monochromatic. I've played off and on since those 10 years ago. It's amazing how the game has progressed from having odd graphics to Wi-fi capability and shiny pokemon!

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • -How long have you played?
    Since Red/Blue came out in 1999, so 10 years-ish. I have Blue, Yellow (Though i've lost it) and Silver.

-First Pokemon Ever?
    I believe my first starter on Blue was Bulbasaur. I could be mistaken, but i'm pretty sure it was.

-What was the first console you played a pokemon game on?
    Spoiler:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've been a Pokemon fan over half my life and I got into it pretty much when it came out. @_@; I started out watching the anime before my parents finally caved and bought my brother and I a GBC and Pokemon Red. First Pokemon ever was technically Squirtle since my brother played first but I restarted and picked Charmander for some reason, haha.

I've been a big fan ever since. :D It lulled a bit back during the GBA gen since I didn't really like any of the games and didn't watch the anime but then I got into collecting the IRL merchandise and it jumped back up on the interest scale for me, haha.

Years
  • How long you've played
    When pokemon yellow came out
    First Pokemon Ever
    Pikachu but first caught was pidgeotto
    What was the first console you played a pokemon game on
    GBC

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
  • I have been into pokemon since I was about 9 years old. My first pokemon ever was a charmander. The first console I ever played pokemon on was a gameboy. I borrowed a friends game with blue version and played non-stop basically. Eventually I bought stadium And others. The latest game I own is diamond.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • -How long you've played
    Oh for years, Probably since I was about 8 or 9, not quite sure, but for most of my life pretty much. Got Pokemon Yellow for the very lame reason of learning to tie my shoe laces properly XD;

-First Pokemon Ever
    Since my first game was Yellow, I could only start with Pikachu, I think Pidgey was the first Pokemon I caught after that though.

-What was the first console you played a pokemon game on?
    Pokemon Yellow on my purple Game Boy Colour

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • -How long you've played
    I've been playing since 96/98

-First Pokemon Ever
    My starter of course, and it was Squirtle

-What was the first console you played a pokemon game on
    The non colored gameboy, forget the name of it though.

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • This is embarrasing...

-How long you've played
    A year and six months.

-First Pokemon Ever
    Piplup.

Nintendo DS Lite

HeartGoldnSoulSilver

is ready for the remakes.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    How long you've played
    -Since Pokemon Yellow Version

First Pokemon Ever
    -Pikachu (Brock was no cake walk in Yellow -_-)

What was the first console you played a pokemon game on
    -Special Edition Pokemon Yellow GameBoy

Pink Twilight

Moon and Sun combine!!!
    Years
  • same here but i have played pokemon since i was 3 (Im 13 now so yea) so thats a total of 10 years hehe! My very first game i have ever played was pokemon so im like THE pokemon fan!

My first pokemon ever was espeon ( i was at a store that now doesnt exist called Game hunters and they lets me pick a membership card which gives you one exclusive pokemon to start out with other than charmander, squirtle, and bulbasuar (in pokemon Gold) and i chose espeon. the others were eevee evolutions. ever since then i luv espeon and all its features!

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • So I have literally been playing pokemon games since I was 5. I was raised on pokemon.

Discuss:
    -How long you've played
    -First Pokemon Ever

I've been playing Pokemon ever since it first came out. My first Pokemon was Bulbasaur, and I think my first stuffed animal from Pokemon which I still have is my beat up Charmander. The first console would have to be the GB

:t354:TG

Back