• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon GlitterGold (Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
Years
Okay, well I downloaded the demo and here's a list of the good and the bad.

Good:
1.Has the original girl character(Kris/Crystal.)
2.Moves easily
3.Has good text speed and working night/day system
4. Has better simplicity that fits a remake of Gold/Silver/Crystal rather than HG/SS(which I still like, but in a different way.)

Bad:
Basically, all I thought was bad were the glitches. Here's what's happened so far.

1.No wild Pokemon appeared.(Is this supposed to happen for the demo? I wouldn't think so.)
2.When I entered the station(or whatever it's called) in the forest and when I walked out I was in the middle of an area of trees and couldn't move. (I could turn around, but not move.)
3.When I tried to enter Mr.Pokemon's house, I was blocked by a space and the demo froze.

This is as far as I got. Now, these glitches might just be my computer, but they're something to look into. At first, I wasn't going to play this game because I thought "Why play a remake of Gold/Silver/Crystal when the game's coming out soon?" Well I was wrong. This demo made me realize that I wanted to play the original version as well, with Kris and everything. I'm now supporting and anticipating this game's release as much as HG/SS. I hope you can fix the glitches. ;)

Edit: Sorry, I meant remake of Gold, not Gold/Silver/Crystal. Duh.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
1.Has the original girl character(Kris/Crystal.)
The only problem here is that she's not in completely, per se, since the graphics for her surfing, biking, running, and fishing still need to be sprited, which I'm no good with. And to that end, if you try surfing or biking, you'll be borrowing Gold's sprites. That's why I'm looking for an overworld spriter to help out. ;D

Bad:
Basically, all I thought was bad were the glitches. Here's what's happened so far.

1.No wild Pokemon appeared.(Is this supposed to happen for the demo? I wouldn't think so.)
Yeah, since the CBS isn't in yet, there's no wild Pokemon. I'm hoping to be able to add them when it's finished and I'm able to implement it.
2.When I entered the station(or whatever it's called) in the forest and when I walked out I was in the middle of an area of trees and couldn't move. (I could turn around, but not move.)
Aw, I thought I fixed all the teleports after I expanded the maps to fix scrolling issues. D: I'll fix that and reupload the demo. (Wait, do you mean the gatehouse around Ilex Forest? Because I just looked over those teleports and they're all set. =/ Unless...you mean the gatehouse on Route 29? In which case, fixed.)
3.When I tried to enter Mr.Pokemon's house, I was blocked by a space and the demo froze.
Ah, the problem was that I never put a Move Event to put the Hero right under Mr. Pokemon, and it probably froze because Oak was stuck behind you as a result. Fixed.

Okay, here's the really-revised demo. Hopefully, there'll be no teleport issues now. ;)

At first, I wasn't going to play this game because I thought "Why play a remake of Gold/Silver/Crystal when the game's coming out soon?" Well I was wrong. This demo made me realize that I wanted to play the original version as well, with Kris and everything. I'm now supporting and anticipating this game's release as much as HG/SS. I hope you can fix the glitches. ;)

Edit: Sorry, I meant remake of Gold, not Gold/Silver/Crystal. Duh.
Thanks for the support. =D

Misty4Life

Years
Now I have good news and bad news. Good news- You fixed the gatehouse that I was talking about. Bad news(and I really hate to disappoint you)- I still couldn't get into Mr.Pokemon's house. I got a step further than last time and the door was opened, but then my character still froze. I realized its not the screen that froze, but the character. The flowers were still moving. Also, some minor bad news is that it rains everytwhere, even indoors. But that's no big deal, I can still play through the game with rain indoors. So yeah, I'll be awaiting corrections. (No hurry, though. ;) I'm sure you're really busy.)

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Now I have good news and bad news. Good news- You fixed the gatehouse that I was talking about. Bad news(and I really hate to disappoint you)- I still couldn't get into Mr.Pokemon's house. I got a step further than last time and the door was opened, but then my character still froze. I realized its not the screen that froze, but the character. The flowers were still moving.
That's weird. I just tested it before I put up the fixed demo, and that didn't happen to me. =/ I'll try it as Kris and see if that's it.
Also, some minor bad news is that it rains everytwhere, even indoors. But that's no big deal, I can still play through the game with rain indoors. So yeah, I'll be awaiting corrections. (No hurry, though. ;) I'm sure you're really busy.)
Ah, that should be because there's not a branch in the random rain event to check if the switch for being outside is on. I'll fix it up.

EDIT: Yeah, it's because of Kris; it works fine when playing as Gold. Are you able to go into the Berry Guy's house closer to Cherrygrove?

Last edited:

Misty4Life

Years
That's weird. I just tested it before I put up the fixed demo, and that didn't happen to me. =/ I'll try it as Kris and see if that's it.

Ah, that should be because there's not a branch in the random rain event to check if the switch for being outside is on. I'll fix it up.

EDIT: Yeah, it's because of Kris; it works fine when playing as Gold. Are you able to go into the Berry Guy's house closer to Cherrygrove?

No, it's not Kris. I'm in awe right now. I just re-downloaded your demo snd sped through a Gold and found it working perfectly, so I thought, "That must be it." Then, I sped through as Kris just to be sure, and she was able to go in! I'm really confused right now. :pink_confused: Well, anyway, I guess I'll just keep playing as my new file unless I run into any other problems. Sorry to bother you.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
No, it's not Kris. I'm in awe right now. I just re-downloaded your demo snd sped through a Gold and found it working perfectly, so I thought, "That must be it." Then, I sped through as Kris just to be sure, and she was able to go in! I'm really confused right now. :pink_confused: Well, anyway, I guess I'll just keep playing as my new file unless I run into any other problems. Sorry to bother you.
Huh...well, that's a relief. XD Still, I noticed I made a few mistakes with the teleports back outside, since it just made Gold invisible and not Kris (so when going outside, Kris would be visible on the door as it opens). I'm fixing that now, and I'll reupload it when I'm finished.

Misty4Life

Years
Yeah, the invisible thing happened to me too. I'm at the ruins right now, but I just thought I should tell you a few minor flaws before I forget them. (I'm not trying to be picky, no one expects a demo to be perfect.)

In Mr. Pokemon's house, I was able to walk in the black. You know, the empty space next to the exit. Also, sometimes when leaving a city or area something happens so that I can't walk back in. Example: As I was leaving Violet City, the screen..um, I'm not sure how to put this...sort of flashed, I guess. When I tried to walk back up, the screen wouldn't follow me. However, to fix this all I had to do is walk in and out of a house or whatever, and it would let me walk back up. This didn't always happen. Let's see, a few steps after I left NewBark Town, the house changed. Meaning, the houses used to have red roofs and one design and once I got to that spot they would look like the ones in the next town, orange roofs and a different design. And lastly, sometimes(as Kris, I'm not sure if it happens as Gold) something would block my path and I would have to manuever around it. Example: In the research center at the ruins, I couldn't walk in front of the bookcase.

I'm not sure if my computer is causing these glitches, because there sure seem to be a lot of them. Maybe it can't download it right. I don't know. Interpret this as you can. For now, I think I'll just wait until the game comes out and all the bugs are gone so I can know if it's my computer or not. (No offense intended, you were great enough to put out a demo in the first place. ;))

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Yeah, the invisible thing happened to me too. I'm at the ruins right now, but I just thought I should tell you a few minor flaws before I forget them. (I'm not trying to be picky, no one expects a demo to be perfect.)
No problem; it's great that there's someone pointing these out so I can fix 'em. I wanted to have a few beta testers before releasing the demo, but since nobody volunteered, well...I should've probably played through it, though. XD
In Mr. Pokemon's house, I was able to walk in the black. You know, the empty space next to the exit.
That's because of a passable tile in the upper layer (the two lower ends of the mat at the exit) being over an impassable tile in the lower layer. Fixed.
Also, sometimes when leaving a city or area something happens so that I can't walk back in. Example: As I was leaving Violet City, the screen..um, I'm not sure how to put this...sort of flashed, I guess. When I tried to walk back up, the screen wouldn't follow me. However, to fix this all I had to do is walk in and out of a house or whatever, and it would let me walk back up. This didn't always happen.
Yeah, I always tested these teleports a few times to make sure they worked, and it's working fine for me right now. It's probably because the location thing that slips in when you go back to Violet or Route 32 is stopped before it can finish slipping in and out.
Let's see, a few steps after I left NewBark Town, the house changed. Meaning, the houses used to have red roofs and one design and once I got to that spot they would look like the ones in the next town, orange roofs and a different design.
Yeah, I knew someone would point that one out. The reason for the change is because I didn't have chipset space to copy the New Bark tiles. Of course, after working on Route 27 later on, I just made it its own chipset. So I'll take care of that now.
And lastly, sometimes(as Kris, I'm not sure if it happens as Gold) something would block my path and I would have to manuever around it. Example: In the research center at the ruins, I couldn't walk in front of the bookcase.
Just checked it out, and it looks like it's just tile passability mistakes I never caught. XD; *fixes*
I'm not sure if my computer is causing these glitches, because there sure seem to be a lot of them. Maybe it can't download it right. I don't know. Interpret this as you can.
It's not you, it's just stuff I thought I looked over but I actually didn't catch. ;)
For now, I think I'll just wait until the game comes out and all the bugs are gone so I can know if it's my computer or not. (No offense intended, you were great enough to put out a demo in the first place. ;))
Well, once I fix the above, there shouldn't be any gaping bugs or anything, hopefully, and I'll reupload this demo. It's just a result of not having a beta tester to help notice these things. D;

EDIT: And here's the reupload. Like I said, there should hopefully be no gaping bugs or anything.

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Slight Update
Sorry for the lack of posts, guys. I've basically been going back to fix older events from before or around Route 35 to make things consistent with the later parts of the game (stuff like differing trainer encounter themes with the Youngsters, etc). I've also been revising most of the events that have a character go into or out of their home, so they actually do so instead of them doing it during a black screen (unless it was originally like that), and I tweaked a few things. For starters, the Togepi egg hatching is more realistic now (game-wise, of course), thanks to some help from Neo-Dragon, and I also ditched using that little picture with Togepi's GSC sprite inside a badly-drawn white circle. I'm also going to try and make most of the BGMs looped.

I'll basically be doing this for the next week or two (or more, if there's more I think should be tweaked), while I wait for Pingu to send the finished CBS to me. College starts for me this weekend, too, so the time I get to work on things might be reduced.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Don't worry about college slowing you down. I'm sure everyone here on the boards will have a bit of a slow down when college/school kicks back in.
Good luck and I'm looking forward to some more screenshots.
Glad I could help you out and as always, get in contact with me if you need help.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Heh, thanks, guys.

Slight Update
Well, getting back to college has slowed me down a bit, lol. But, everything should be fixed for consistency now (signs, trainer encounter themes/volume, etc). Luckily, I got more keen on the majority of this stuff when I was revising Route 38, so I didn't have to do much. The last thing I'll be doing is trying to finalize the whole switch thing in the Goldenrod Underground (again, thanks to N-D's help XD), and I should be able to release a demo that'll hopefully be glitch-free. Needless to say, I'll be play-testing the whole game myself to make sure of that. That way, we won't have what happened before happen again.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Well, its still good to see more Johto remake games. Brings around a little nostalgia. Hopefully you can continue with the rest of this game.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Thanks, Tudj.

Exciting Update! (Well, for me, anyway)
After doing some tweaking here and there, I finally have the Goldenrod Underground Switch thing all set up! I'm just glad I have it finished since I've been trying to figure it out for the better part of the last few weeks. Neo-Dragon, you helped out big-time. XD

With that done, I don't think there's anything else that needs to be tweaked for the moment. So, I'll be getting in touch with Shadow_Pingu (I expected him to get in touch with me) and see if the CBS is finished so I can start implementing it. For now, I'll play-test through the game to make sure it has no glitches and then release it as the "final" revised demo.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Update
Okay, I've played through the game, and I'm sure of it: there shouldn't be any glitches or mistakes in events now. I kept going back to the map I was on when I found any, so that should all be behind us now. I only have one thing to fix up (something involving the Togepi egg) that I've asked Neo-Dragon about, and I should be able to release the "final" revised demo shortly afterwards. As before, though, since the Kris charset isn't complete, she'll be piggy-backing off of Gold's sprites for surfing and the like. Can't be helped.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Heh, thanks. Right now, I've started a playthrough as Kris just to make sure of it, and to retest the Togepi egg step thing, since I ended up saving the game in my Gold playthrough right at the Hall of Fame. From the looks of it, the post-Elite 4 game would have to start without a return to the Title Screen, but I'll worry about that after this is all done.

(I really wish I had someone to help finish up that Kris charset, because it looks weird having her walking form speed up when she's running, and I'd hate to have her piggyback off of Gold's sprites for biking and whatnot...D=)

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Good Update
Well, first off, I apologize for not posting as much. School, my YGO! GX subbing, 5D's comparing, etc etc... Anyway, my Kris playthrough is finished, and I should've patched up any remaining glitches. And for the time being, Kris'll have no choice but to piggyback off of Gold's biking and surfing sprites. If and when a good spriter comes along, we'll hopefully have that all set up.

I'll upload the fixed, final revised demo for you guys to play through, and I'll get in touch with Shadow Pingu about the CBS.

Oh, and Neo-Dragon, if you're reading this, if you tried to reply to that last PM I sent you but couldn't, try again. I cleared up some space in my inbox a few days ago. XD

EDIT: Here's the link. *adds to first post*

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
This looks great! I never thought there was anything like this out there for RPG Maker! Nice job! :D
Heh, thanks, dude.

Kinda/Sorta Update
I talked to Pingu a little while ago, and, due to him being swamped with coursework (preventing him from doing much more work on it), we settled on him making a little "tutorial" I'll use to work on the rest of the CBS and whatnot. I hopefully shouldn't have a problem working on it when he finishes it up, aside from my own schoolwork.

Other than that, I haven't done much new work on the game, to be honest, since I'm doing my YGO GX subbing and the 5D's comparisons on the side. I'm definitely thinking of getting around to planning out what I'll be doing for Johto's Trick House, and planning out that "surprise" I mention at the end of the revised demo (and it'd actually be a good idea, I'd imagine). I don't want to start mapping out Kanto yet, though, since I want to wait until the CBS is all worked out before that, so I'd release the revised demo + CBS when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back