• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yawn

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I was gunna make this before, but the Slowpoke thing suited.

But yeah, do you yawn when other people yawn, or even type it?
    Since some people are probably able to hold it in.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I have the uncanny ability to witness other people yawn without having to yawn myself. It really is a super power of sorts. Too bad it has no practicality in regards to crime-fighting. XD

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • I yawn way too much which makes other people yawn. I heard:

This sentence can even make some people yawn!

You know, Slowpoke's Japanese name is Yadon. Doesn't that sound like yawn? I sometimes can't tell what Slowpoke are supposed to be. I heard that they are based off of a Giant Salamander mixed with a Hippo. I'm wondering where the ears came from.

Ayselipera

Once I see someone yawn I automatically start to yawn. Even reading the word yawn makes me yawn. I'm yawning right now because of it! :D

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • I'm usually the one causing the yawns, not vice versa:p I'm habitually yawning. I was yawning while weight lifting yesterday:S But yes- it's very contagious. I think only sneezing trumps yawning!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yawning is very contagious to me. Even through text. (Just yawned now orz.)

I don't think it started until after my mom told me that yawns were contagious. Then I thought about it every time I saw someone yawning (just yawned again) and eventually I think it just became subconscious. D:

(Once more for good measure, I guess. I'm not even kidding.)

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I don't yawn unless I see someone yawning in person. Seeing or talking about yawns doesn't faze me in the slightest. I can even stretch and ward off the the yawning urge if it gets too strong.

If you see someone yawn, taking a deep breath usually cancels the urge to yawn. (just don't let the breath transition to a yawn)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Whenever I yawn, a drought somewhere in Johto ceases. That's how powerful a yawn is, right Slowpoke?

Yawning is extremely contagious. I yawned three times while reading this whole thread.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    No, I don't. Even if I do, I'm faking it. I don't get yawns when I see other people yawning, it comes naturally. Therefore this slowpoke avatar doesn't suite me :<

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I always yawn when I see others yawn. Even if I think about yawning I yawn, like now. XD;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I will yawn spontaneously, sometimes without being tired, and I have no idea why.

Oddly enough, I haven't experienced contagious yawning. Maybe it's because I'm usually the only one around who's constantly tired :/

Years
  • I yawn when people yawn.
    I yawn at times when certain animals yawn. Like a cat or dog.

I sometimes yawn when people (usually guys) do really good Chewbacca 'roars'.

Back