• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Do You Look For In A Song?!?

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
Years
  • We'll first it's gotta have actual instruments in it. Can't stand listening to computers make "music." Second, it's gotta have a catchy chorus. A few of the songs I like I like only for the chorus. Third, meaningful lyrics. While it's not a must have, I will like a song so much more if the lyrics have a deep meaning. Fourth, I don't get tired of it. No way to tell until I listen to a song for awhile. There are only about four songs I will never get tired of.

Years
  • First the tone, how the instruments are played or how the beat is. then the lyrics.
    I want something that touches me, something that takes up real issues that you go through in life.Something that moves me, my soul and makes me feel something.
    issues like divorce, problems paying rent, college money, stress in life, breakups.. just something that we all expierience.

through songs i learn so much. And i am also amazed by how personal some songs are, the lyrics, but a lot of people dont notice it because they only listen to the rythm of it and dont see the lyrics. If you look at the lyrics you can usually see where the artist is in life. What bothers them. What makes them happy. I love how a song can be so personal, but still, camouflaged in such musical beauty of tone and beat.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Depends on the genre. I want music that makes me want to move if I'm looking for pop music. Something that makes me feel like running or dancing or driving really, really fast. Uptempo, good bass, easy to remember lyrics. I'm very judgmental with this type of music and can usually decide if I'll like something or not within the first 5-10 seconds.

For everything else, I want something of good quality with some meaning. I usually don't care about the beat. If I can connect to a song in some way, I'll like it.

euphoricdee

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    Hello everyone! ^_^ I wanted to let all of my fellow Pokemon fans know that I made a Christmas themed Pikachu tribute on Youtube for the holidays :D You can watch my video at Youtube.com/euphoricdee. Thank you so much for watching and for your support! Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed it! :)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • For me, the song has to be 'heavy' to keep me listening to it (all other styles I find very boring and will make me loose interest or worst fall asleep) it keeps me concentrated, and focus, makes me work much faster and productive...... lyrics don't matter, good bass and electric guitars, great sounding drums... for me most importantly is a great rocking solo in the song - better yet a few of them. That's what I discovered when listening to Metal.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    The beat and the lyrics. Only, I seem to be a bit more inclined towards the former rather than the latter. I've heard a couple of songs with great lyrics that I just couldn't get into because I didn't like the beat..

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I enjoy music with a good introduction because if the intro doesn't hook me I find it difficult to listen to. As for the rest of the song, if it keeps me interested lyrically and sonically, then it's a keeper. My tastes differ based on my mood, though, so a song I like in one mood won't necessarily be such a godsend while in another, if even tolerable.

Back