• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first anime?

Years
my first animes were dragonball z and tenchi muyo on toonami, i had no clue what anime was when i was younger and i only thought of them as cartoon shows, just ones that were epic. the first one i watched subbed was deadman wonderland after i had rediscovered my love for anime.

Years
My first Anime? I'd have to say Voltes V.

It was quite popular in the Philippines when I was a kind and became a pop culture hit. Folk story says it helped awaken a lot of Filipino's to the Marcos regime's dictatorial rule. Hence it was banned LOL.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
My first anime was either DBZ or Sailor Moon. As a young child I was stuck between wanting to be a badass super saiyan and a Sailor.

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
I think my first was either Sailor Moon or Doraemon, I don't quite remember. I knew anime since I was about 4 or 5 years old, ahaha. xD

finalrayne

High Roller
Years
Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Digimon, Monster Rancher, and Yugioh were my first Animes don't know which one I watched first or I would just list one I was a yungin then.

Years
At the time I was 3 years old I barely aware of my actions and of course my memories are very, very distorted… But I can definitly say that my very first anime was one if these:

-Dragon Ball (and later "Z" and "GT").
-Ranma 1/2.
-Captain Tsubasa.
-Saint Seiya.
-Kuro-Chan (although I don't know if that counts as an anime).
-Doraemon.

Later they started emitting Pokemon, Digimon, Fullmetal Alchemist among others wich I did see but I didn't knew what an anime was until I was like 10 and my cousin showed me Neon Genesis Evangelion.

God those where good times!!!

Vincent

Often moronically charismatic
Years
Mine was like Yu Yu Hakusho, Then some Gundam Wing. Voltes V and some Daimos..
Can't undo the classics..

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
My first animes were Dragon Ball, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Knights of the Zodiac, Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing and Beyblade.

Oh and Digimon lol.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
Pokemon was my first anime, but I did of course watch it dubbed and I didn't know what anime was back then so I barely count it. x3

Kanon was my very first anime I saw subbed and I watched it with my boyfriend at the end of 2012. It's still my favourite anime of all time <3

Years
I used to watch all the kiddy ones as a young lad. Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Mew Mew Power, Dragon Ball. I didn't even really know what an anime was when I watched these shows all those years ago.
I'm currently attempting to watch an anime all the way through for the first time at the moment. That anime is:

Spoiler:

kuzronk

Banned
Years
I used to watch all the kiddy ones as a young lad. Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Mew Mew Power, Dragon Ball. I didn't even really know what an anime was when I watched these shows all those years ago.
I'm currently attempting to watch an anime all the way through for the first time at the moment. That anime is:

Spoiler:
I'm not just posting this to join into the naruto hate but you could be watching serval shorter series instead of different genres of anime.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
Years
I watched mew mew power and pokemon on CITV and Popgirl when I was little, I didn't really get what they were about though :p but the first proper anime I watched was deathnote when I was like 13, I've not liked an anime more than since I started watching anime!

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
well I was a Kid, My first Was... of Course, Pokemon, 2nd Yu-Gi-Oh (Year 2000), 3. Beyblade, 4. Battle B-daman, 5 Zoids. The Funny Thing is I didn't even really know what an anime Was back then, Until my dad got me PS2 (Good Times:D) i got Hooked playing Dragon Ball Z, I Wanted to Watch DBZ on Tv (Local's Dub some Episodes in Filipino) and that's where found My Fandom for Anlme XD
Any suggestions? I'm completely open to anything! :)
Try Some These Anime's I Recomend
01. Fairy Tail(Try this It's Awesome So far)
02. Bleach (Currently Watching It, It's Epic)
03. Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood(this was Fun to watch)
04. Nura : Rise of The Yokai Clan (this was awesome even if it's only 24 Episodes )
05. Squid Girl(This was Funny)
06. Deltora Quest(If you like Fantasy)
07. Sword Art Online(I Heard This one is Epic )
08. Cardfight!! Vanguard(I Haven't Watch the Whole Thing Yet)
09. Dragon Ball Z (What a Classic)

Last edited:
Back