• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your opinion on remakes?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I do tend to like a lot of remakes especially if they're remakes of games from like the NES. Final Fantasy has been remade so many times that you can get it on your iPod. But I really do think that Dawn of Souls was the best version and it lowered the difficulty so much, since I remember how hard it was to defeat the level 1 Goblins in the original due to your attacks either missing or being ineffective, but it was the same for the enemy so you just had an endless struggle.

With remakes I don't like it when it's exactly the same game. I know FireRed had the Sevii Islands which weren't very enjoyable and it was stupid how I couldn't get a Crobat until I got the national dex but up until you defeated the Elite Four there was pretty much no difference so I didn't enjoy that very much. But I certainly enjoyed Soul Silver with all the new graphics and Gym designs along with new characters and more in depth story.

I think remakes adding new features in is why I play all the versions of FFIV, since they do feel like a different game to me, although with the DS version I did feel disappointed that I couldn't change my team at the end of the game because Edward doesn't really get good until a higher level and there really isn't any point to training him to such a level if he's leaves at the beginning of the game. I definitely wanted to switch Edge out of my end game team.

Edit: I forgot to mention that we are truly graced to have FFIII DS because the original was so similar to the original Final Fantasy other than the fact that you could change jobs, it seemed like the series had regressed from FFII.

Last edited:
Back