• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Professor W's Fakemon Sprites

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
Years
  • Hello there, I have been spriting for a while, so here is my work.

This is my most recent work-

picture.php

Lvl. 1- Zapegg- Spider Larva Pokemon- It can't walk, so it rolls around to move. Bug/Electric

Lvl. 16- Elantula- Electric Spider Pokemon- It's jaws are known to conduct large amounts of electricity. Bug/Electric

picture.php

Lvl. 1- Munchipul- Bitten Apple Pokemon- They walk around gardens, stealing crops. Grass/Ghost

Dusk Stone- Munchitree- Apple Tree Pokemon- They serve as parents to Munchipul, and try to keep them from getting into mischief. Grass/Ghost

picture.php

Lvl. 1- Trilock- Key Pokemon- They aimlessly float around tombs and temples. Steel/Psychic

Lvl. 35- Keyriska- Key Pokemon- They guard tombs and temples by scaring away intruders. Steel/Psychic

picture.php

Lvl. 1- Deepray- Deep Fish Pokemon- They sink to the bottom of the ocean because they aren't strong enough to swim upwards. Water/Dark

Level-Up Knowing Ancient Power- Crawlbite- Trilobite Pokemon- They crawl at the bottom of the sea and use sonar to track prey. Water/Dark

picture.php

Lvl. 1- Sporslide- Mushroom Pokemon- They slide and hop on their mushroom that serves as a foot. Bug/Poison

Lvl. 18- Crawlspore- Mushroom Crab Pokemon- They slip on their rounded mushroom feet. Bug/Poison

Lvl. 32- Sporoll- Mushroom Shell Pokemon- Their mushroom shell is so hard that one could fall off a mountain with no harm.

Hope you like them-

~ Professor W.

Upcoming Pokemon Silhouette-
    silhouette2.png

Last edited:

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • Durr first post :> It B nice concepts but they need some better shading. but the keys are good. But the evolution should watch diagonally too. The apples are wunny and good though :p

The tribolet famili is also good but the evo reminds too much of anorith.. :x

The mushrooms bother me many straight lines. those should be rounded, because this looks unnatural

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Durr first post :> It B nice concepts but they need some better shading. but the keys are good. But the evolution should watch diagonally too. The apples are wunny and good though :p

The tribolet famili is also good but the evo reminds too much of anorith.. :x

The mushrooms bother me many straight lines. those should be rounded, because this looks unnatural

Thanks! Honestly, The apple/apple tree family are the only ones I've made in
    the past like, 4 months or something :P.

~Professor W.

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Hey Proffessor W.,
    Nice Sprites for your age. Keep up the good work.
    My favourite one is deepray :3

Gigatom~

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Wow, thanks everybody. I've never received this much feedback, so thanks again. I'll work on the outline, too.

The next concept I plan on doing is a Bug/Electric family, but that's all I'm going to say.

~Professor W.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    kk, Looking forward to it. :D
    I too like the concepts...but not the straightlines. Fix em and you should be good to go :)

Kamushi

God, I love Denmark! <3
    Years
  • Uhum, mostly i like Deepray and Crawlbite. I luv dark pokes xD
    Maybe u should try to make something like:

1st. evo - Fat, levitating pocket monster trying to do some Yoga xD
    2nd. evo - Fattest, not levitating poke, who resignated of these exercises xD

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Uhum, mostly i like Deepray and Crawlbite. I luv dark pokes xD
    Maybe u should try to make something like:

1st. evo - Fat, levitating pocket monster trying to do some Yoga xD
    2nd. evo - Fattest, not levitating poke, who resignated of these exercises xD
    0_o

Uh, I'm afraid I might have to pass on that.

Thanks anyways, though.

~Professor W.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Sorry about the late update, there were come complications with the third evo, when I realized that I am not experienced enough to sprite it quite yet. Next up, you'll be getting a 2-stage fire type.

~Prof. W.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Wow, thanks everybody. This is probably the largest amount of posts I've ever had at this period of time. The shrooms are lovable, aren't they? :P

Anyways, I added the silhouette of the 1st stage for the next Fake. Thanks again,

~Prof. W.

Years
  • There's one thing I hate about your first post. "Sorry if these aren't that good, I'm only 11". No.

Anyway, these really don't look like Pokémon at all. I don't see one that even resembles the Pokémon style, unfortunately. I suggest referring to official Pokémon sprites and look at the way they're made, and try and emulate that in your sprites. The concepts aren't very good, either. The Bitten Apple is just plain weird, and I see no face on the evolution of it. Also, the mushroom line have two pointless Pokémon. The last one should be the only Pokémon. Thee pre-evolutions seem... pointless. :l

Scarex

Beautyfool.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    As well, although I believe that the development requires a little more work and also pallettes that I appear too bright, you also say you put more line types, more types of colors to determine the brightness ...

Finally, I wish you luck ^^

Greetings!

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • There's one thing I hate about your first post. "Sorry if these aren't that good, I'm only 11". No.

Anyway, these really don't look like Pokémon at all. I don't see one that even resembles the Pokémon style, unfortunately. I suggest referring to official Pokémon sprites and look at the way they're made, and try and emulate that in your sprites. The concepts aren't very good, either. The Bitten Apple is just plain weird, and I see no face on the evolution of it. Also, the mushroom line have two pointless Pokémon. The last one should be the only Pokémon. Thee pre-evolutions seem... pointless. :l

Uh-huh. I've never gotten a pure hatred post before, so I'm not sure how to reply to this. I'll say thanks, though. You have given some advice, sort of, not really, but um, yeah. The face on the apple tree is supposed to be the eye-like carving in the center of the tree. Sorry.

(I removed the comment about age on the first post)

As well, although I believe that the development requires a little more work and also pallettes that I appear too bright, you also say you put more line types, more types of colors to determine the brightness ...

Finally, I wish you luck ^^

Greetings!

Thanks! I'll try to work on that.

~Prof. W.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • The fakemon need a little workout. Keep it up. Hope you will make good fakemon on future.

Okay, I'm confused. You said that they need some work, and then you said "keep it up." So, are you saying that their good or bad? (I don't mind if you say their bad, as long as your not as harsh as Spherical Ice).

Thanks though,

~Prof. W.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • They all look really good, but Zapegg looks a little more banana-like. Maybe it could be partially open with a little head poking out? If not, then at least give it a face, because right now it looks like an inanimate object.

Also, on Sporslide I really like the way you did the top (or should I say the bottom?) of the mushroom, but the stem looks like it could use some work.

~Night

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • They all look really good, but Zapegg looks a little more banana-like. Maybe it could be partially open with a little head poking out? If not, then at least give it a face, because right now it looks like an inanimate object.

Also, on Sporslide I really like the way you did the top (or should I say the bottom?) of the mushroom, but the stem looks like it could use some work.

~Night

Oh, thanks. Sporslide's a bit old, but I will work on the stem anyways. Also, the white crescent is supposed to be an eye. Also, the next fake should be done by tonight.

~Prof. W.

Back