• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XSE Scripting Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
klick f1 after you write a command, and you'll see how much bytes it needs.
In this case it's givepokemon, and it needs 15 bytes.
So you write givepokemon [number][level][item]0 0 0
givepokemon 247 5 0 0 0 0

hope that's right, I sometimes confuse wildbattle and givepokemon xD

コリンク

Pokémon HyperSpeed Creator
Years
klick f1 after you write a command, and you'll see how much bytes it needs.
In this case it's givepokemon, and it needs 15 bytes.
So you write givepokemon [number][level][item]0 0 0
givepokemon 247 5 0 0 0 0

hope that's right, I sometimes confuse wildbattle and givepokemon xD

Oh thank you so much!! *hugs* It works!

It works, but when I complie it I get the log but not the offsets.. Unless the 0x?????? is the offset.. oO

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2010
anybody know the wild battle script for xse? im using firered.....

i need the whole script and maybe a couple tips like how to change the pokemon that apears and the level.........please i need help.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Can someone help me with a Wild Battle script for Ruby. This is the script:
'-----------------------
#org 0x978456
lock
faceplayer
startwildbattle 0x19A 0x46 0x0
checksound
cry 0x19A 0x2
pause 0x28
waitcry
setflag 0x306
setflag 0x862
special 0x139
waitstate
clearflag 0x862
release
end

How can you make it so that you only fight the pokemon once, not over and over again like it is doing?

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2010
Can someone help me with a Wild Battle script for Ruby. This is the script:

How can you make it so that you only fight the pokemon once, not over and over again like it is doing?
ok. i tried your script myself and if give you a wild deoxys lv.70.now i understand what you are talking about that its still there..according to the one of MANY guides i read that were totally useless and thats y im waiting for hack mews guide.

but i do know that you need to add a ''fadescreen 0'' or ''fadescreen 1'' before release. if that dont work then im sorry but itried.

ok i understand most basics of scripting and i wondered if any body would kindly post a script for a wild celebi lv 30 and tell me how to change the pokemon.but it can only appear once in the game...

i hope one of u get the heart to help me. and ill kindly post you a real real good story line that i read about. and believe me you WILL like it.just please help me.

Last edited:

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
Years
ok. i tried your script myself and if give you a wild deoxys lv.70.now i understand what you are talking about that its still there..according to the one of MANY guides i read that were totally useless and thats y im waiting for hack mews guide.

but i do know that you need to add a ''fadescreen 0'' or ''fadescreen 1'' before release. if that dont work then im sorry but itried.

ok i understand most basics of scripting and i wondered if any body would kindly post a script for a wild celebi lv 30 and tell me how to change the pokemon.but it can only appear once in the game...

i hope one of u get the heart to help me. and ill kindly post you a real real good story line that i read about. and believe me you WILL like it.just please help me.

You need to checkflag.
Code:
setflag 0x306
setflag 0x862
special 0x139

Are they used anywhere else? If so add another one in I spose, just to be safe :P

Then make it
Code:
#Dynamic 0x800000
checkflag [B]0x862[/B]
if 0x1 goto @Battledone
lock
faceplayer
startwildbattle 0x19A 0x46 0x0
checksound
cry 0x19A 0x2
pause 0x28
waitcry
setflag 0x306
setflag 0x862
special 0x139
waitstate
clearflag 0x862
release
end

#ORG @Battledone
code for changing sprite or something lol not to sure. But this'll at least
stop it battling you twice :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2010
ok guys i need help understanding the wild pokemon battle maybe someone can write a small tutorial that can help us with wild battles..and im hoping its hackmews tutorial wich im hearing about that will help and im hoping it comes out as soon as possible because i need a quick tutorial.really badly.

especially with the part that you need to add the person id thing.

Last edited:

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
Whenever I try to compile any script with ''compare LASTRESULT 1'',I always get ''Error 13,'Type Mismatch' on Line 31 missing #define or paramater''
''Line : compare LASTRESULT 1''

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Does anyone how to make a givepokemon pokeball disappear after you take it?

'-----------------------
#org 0x26D4E4
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x826D506 '"I'd better take my CHARMANDER\nwith..."
callstd 0x6
givepokemon 0x4 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
setflag 0x828
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x26D506
= I'd better take my CHARMANDER\nwith me!

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
write the hidesprite command with the person number of the pokeball, and in the next line a setflag.
use the setflag as ID for the pokeball.
here's an example:
#raw 0x53 0x01 0x00 (#raw 0x53= hidesprite)( 0x01 0x00 = person number)
setflag 0x828

give it the ID 0828 and it will vanish. It will also vanish without setflag and using setflag as ID, but after one movement it would reappeare.

(I hope I used hidesprite right, it's like this in pokescript and I didn't use hidesprite in XSE yet).

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
write the hidesprite command with the person number of the pokeball, and in the next line a setflag.
use the setflag as ID for the pokeball.
here's an example:
#raw 0x53 0x01 0x00 (#raw 0x53= hidesprite)( 0x01 0x00 = person number)
setflag 0x828

give it the ID 0828 and it will vanish. It will also vanish without setflag and using setflag as ID, but after one movement it would reappeare.

(I hope I used hidesprite right, it's like this in pokescript and I didn't use hidesprite in XSE yet).

It's like this in XSE...
Code:
hidesprite 0x1
Everything else is the same. :)

Last edited:

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
(Sorry if this is a bit off topic) Everyone is saying that XSE is the "revolutionary" scripting program. Well, how exactly is it so great? I've seen many things about this program and I will tell you, diamond cutter, pokescript, and even scripted can do these things! Is there anything unique or special about this program that would give me a reason to use it over any other scripting program? And shouldn't the dynamic offset just create more work? And does this thing even save into individual .RBCs? If not, that's a horrible thing, as I save all of my scripts in a folder.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
(Sorry if this is a bit off topic) Everyone is saying that XSE is the "revolutionary" scripting program. Well, how exactly is it so great? I've seen many things about this program and I will tell you, diamond cutter, pokescript, and even scripted can do these things! Is there anything unique or special about this program that would give me a reason to use it over any other scripting program? And shouldn't the dynamic offset just create more work? And does this thing even save into individual .RBCs? If not, that's a horrible thing, as I save all of my scripts in a folder.

Great things of XSE to point out

First of all a Command DB in the palm of your hands
Easy compilation
Saves your scripts in .RBC format
Quickest compiler
Decompilation
Open up scripts from the game and edit them
Script checker for bugs.
Tabs for easy access to more and more scripts.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
Great things of XSE to point out

First of all a Command DB in the palm of your hands
Easy compilation
Saves your scripts in .RBC format
Quickest compiler
Decompilation
Open up scripts from the game and edit them
Script checker for bugs.
Tabs for easy access to more and more scripts.

You also forgot that XSE is the only scripting program that works on every computer in circulation. While all the rest (ScriptED,PokeScript,ECT) only work on about 40% of the computers in circulation today. :3 Thank god for XSE or I wouldn't be able to script.

Years
well this scripting programme is awsome i could not script without this because pokescript and scripted doesnt work on my p.c so without this how could i script thanks for making it i love it thanks for this tutorial is awsome thanks

Years
It's like this in XSE...
Code:
hidesprite 0x1
Everything else is the same. :)
I always hate to correct the writer of a tutorial, but I asked Hackmew a while ago about this because I was curious, and also too lazy to test myself.
XSE is backwards compatible, and by that I mean that it's compatible with uses from Pokescript and ScriptEd and others which help with a transition over.
So to my point,
Code:
hidesprite 0x1
...doesn't have to be this way in XSE.
Code:
#raw 0x53 0x01 0x00
Will also work.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I always hate to correct the writer of a tutorial, but I asked Hackmew a while ago about this because I was curious, and also too lazy to test myself.
XSE is backwards compatible, and by that I mean that it's compatible with uses from Pokescript and ScriptEd and others which help with a transition over.
So to my point,
Code:
hidesprite 0x1
...doesn't have to be this way in XSE.
Code:
#raw 0x53 0x01 0x00
Will also work.
I know you can still use #RAW commands, but I thought it would be easier if I told them the actual command for it. >_>

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2010
Does anyone have the basic wildpokemonbattle script for xse...and can you explain it a bit.including the raw and were to put the person num...or how to find the person number..but i do need the script.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
You also forgot that XSE is the only scripting program that works on every computer in circulation. While all the rest (ScriptED,PokeScript,ECT) only work on about 40% of the computers in circulation today. :3 Thank god for XSE or I wouldn't be able to script.

Not a Mac, too bad... Well woot for Intel Macs and boot camp :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back