• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time to scrape off the rust [VOTING]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Been a while since I've done, well, anything.

Theme: Freestyle tag
No. of participants: 1 extra (looking for a 1v1 now)
Timeline: 3 days from the time someone accepts.

Go go go

Voting

Rest
vintagecopy.png

Abnegation
washmeaway.png

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
Years
Cause I'm busy today / have another battle lined up over the next day or two, I'll pass, but if by tomorrow, nobody has signed up, then I'll battle you, Gav. <3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Ty broski. I don't think I'll churn out anything good though. Been a while since I tagged a good one.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Alright Rest, it's me and you then. I'm not too strict on deadline, we all have lives here (heh, or not!). I'll get started on something anyway.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Took me all morning. I'm coming to like this style!

vintagecopy.png

Everything done by me, except the picture of course. Got a little carried away with the shapes, but can't be bothered to clean it up now. :e

EDIT: Was worried you couldn't see the tag, so I put in a Photobucket-hosted one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Illy, PS & scanner be my tools. Anyway, I'll throw the voting up. Hopefully this helps me churn out some stuff again. Guys, you must post to show your vote. I'm not gonna do a poll.

washmeaway.png

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Im gonna have to go with Abnegations piece. They are both amazing tags but im a sucker for rough imagery. Sorry I cant give a detailed vote but Im rarely home these days.

Edit: As I said before this really did come down to personal taste, Rest's piece is amazing and everything works so well in it, though like Abnegations piece I think there isn't enough contrast in terms of knowing where to look. The colours seem very vintage which works well with the stock in Rest's piece, and altogether contributes to a very good tag. However I do like Abnegations for the fact that it's so rough and 'abstract' I guess you could say. This experimental stuff really gets to me and while it does seem a bit clumped, personal taste gave Abs my vote.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
Years
Voting for Rest. One of the best tags I've seen in a long time. Maybe not technically perfect, but very original style, great colours and overall very fresh.

Gav has gone for the sort of grunge / watercolour look, which for me wasn't executed as well as I know he could've and feels pretty low quality. Not feeling a sense of cohesion, little bits of depth, but not enough to really bring it together and I feel that the focal doesn't match the style of the rest of the piece. You've got quite a clean vector-ish focal with the complete opposite style effects / background. I think if it was cleaned up a bit, remove a lot of the textures which are smothering the foreground, it would dramatically improve, but Rest's piece is damn strong in composition and originality alone.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
rest gmv

Rest really nailed compo and originality. Fresh style that I haven't seen in a long time. Abnegation's is messy and the render really doesn't fit. It's not executed well enough and it's too crowded.

edit: heard that gav's is from scratch, changes a lot but rest still takes my vote. Abnegation could easily have taken it if it was less messy.

Last edited:

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I'll disagree with some of the stuff being said about Gavin's piece, and only say that I'm not quite sure where to look.

It's only slightly off, but that and rest's being as original and polished as is it is means he got my vote instead.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I'm voting for Rest. I love the vibrant range of colours used and just the overall composition of the piece, it's the most eye-catching of the two, in my opinion. Abnegation's is nice too, I have to say the text is very well done as opposed to what people would usually do, although, I think Rest takes the win here.

Back