• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is your ideal city in Unova?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Lets say you got to pick one city that if you beat the gym leader you got to be the new Gym Leader for the city with whatever party you chose.

Part a) Which city do you choose to live in and why?
Part b) Who is your iconic Pokemon for your team (ie. Brock's Onyx)

Clearly from my name you can tell who my main guy is, Yamask. I'm not sure which city I would pick though. I think Nimbasa has my heart for the iconic Ferris Wheel scene. Wouldn't use electric pokemon, but its an artsy city, not too big like where Burgh resides.

So Nimbasa City Gym Leader with Yamask

Nakala Pri

Blitzle in Opelucid City! Too cool for words, I love working with electric type! Maybe Pikachu, but does that seem like I'm copying or I'm so unoriginal, or that Pikachu doesn't even appear in Pokemon Black unless traded?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Nacrene City for me, really love the view of the city from both the games and in the anime, plus the gym is also a library, museum nearby. So much excitement in one place.

Once I defeat Lenora, and take over the gym, it would be half normal and half dark, my main Pokemon would be Watchog (just like Lenora's own Watchog) and Liepard as my backup partner.

GallifreyanGallade

Poké Time Lord
Years
I'd choose Village Bridge (it technically isn't a city, but what the hey) and my gym wouldn't have any particular type - it'd be like the Blue-ran Viridian Gym. Gallade would be my main man, but I'd also use Pidgeot, Lapras, Espeon, Flygon, and Conkeldurr.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Interesting thread! I'd kind of relocate Lenora's gym to Castelia City - given that Burgh likes Art and such, and that's what Nacrene is for. With that in mind, I could effectively lead the new Castelia City gym and use Herdier as my main Pokemon! :3

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I would go for white version of that city where Iris/dracen is leader- forget what it's called and Ds has no power.

my team was be Seadra, Dragonair, and my power house Flygon.

Years
Nimbasa. I feel drawn to it; if I'm going to a Pokemon Centre, I'll fly to Nimbasa.
I really have no idea why! Kind of feels like home.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
Driftveil city, right next to the soon to be PWT,also because of the things that can be bought there. iconic pkmn would be Lapras with a mixed type team,I'd be like Giovanni in a sense of using an uber and being away from the gym from time to time.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I would choose to live in Castelia City just because it's the biggest city in Unova and it looks like a great place to live in.

My gym isn't going to have a specific type so it's going to be similar to Blue's gym, and my main pokemon is probably going to be my starter Samurott.

Back