• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Daycare

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    From the start there's been a daycare to level up Pokemon in, which has been led by an old lady, and an old man. In Generation 2 we got a free Pokemon from them and they're generally useful for a bad Pokemon early on.

Would you like the daycare to return? Would you like the old lady/old man to lead it? Would you like maybe an option to choose if they EV train a Pokemon - or only face a certain Pokemon when levelling up? Would you like to see the Pokemon in the daycare? And would you like to be able to put more than two in the daycare? Share yo daycare-related thoughts! Please don't list this as a list. :(

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I'd like for it to return, but I want it to be post league like in B2W2. It always felt as a more competitive feature then a main feature, and unless they heavily change it to have a more prominent role in obtaining certain Pokemon, I just don't feel like its needed for the main story.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Would I like the Daycare to return? Well, it's a staple of the series, it will be there regardless. If there's breeding, there's a Daycare.

One thing I wish though is that they call you if a Pokémon is learning a move by level up. It's annoying to breed low level Pokémon in the Daycare because they have a high risk of losing all their moves while breeding.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • The Daycare is going to return no matter what, so that's not really anything to speculate about. As far as leveling goes/EV Training, it gains an experience point for every step you take, it isn't battling anything to level up, so those questions are kind of silly. As far as putting more than two into the Daycare, that'd make the breeding concept a lot more tricky than it already is, deciding who mates with what, so no, limit to two please.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    You guys don't know it won't return fo sure tho! I mean, lots of things have been removed in the past and returned in another format/facility although I think it will be like normal.

I agree with calling you to tell you about moves that are learnt. Maybe just tell them before on a limit to how much they can be levelled up...? Or maybe that'd be too complicated. :(

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • It's almost a guarantee that the Daycare Center would be there. Where else would it go?

I actually hope that the daycare is available before post-game though unlike in B2W2. Playing White 2 now, I actually miss the daycare. More so because there are some Pokémon I need so I can fill up my PokéDex as I go along, some of which can't be obtained without breeding.

Something I would like to see make a return to the daycare would be the Odd Egg from Gen II. A random egg that would hatch into one of several baby Pokémon with a special egg move and a 50% chance of being Shiny.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I never really use the daycare during the main storyline of pokemon games, but yeah, I would love one to be back. Well, it's a given that the daycare will return anyway.

What would I like to see? Well, other than the regular mechanics of the day care, I would want to see the day care provide a way to hatch pokemon that have dream world abilities, even if the parents don't have them. I think that can be an easier way to get DW abilities, and I'd love to see that.

Like said, I'd like the return of the Odd Egg too~ Maybe for the occasional hatching of baby pokemon that can be quite tricky to get other wise! It can be shiny, or have an egg move, or a dream world ability. Maybe a pokemon that we can't really get in-game, like a pokemon that you can only get from the past generations of pokemon? That'd be cool, imo~!

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
    Years
  • has anyone taken into acount how friken epic it would be to see your pokemon in the daycare in 3d. i mean like if you put in a skitty and wailord, the wailord would be huge and the skitty would be small.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    What Pokemon game would be complete without at least 1 daycare?

has anyone taken into acount how friken epic it would be to see your pokemon in the daycare in 3d. i mean like if you put in a skitty and wailord, the wailord would be huge and the skitty would be small.

Haha yeah that would be cool. What I want even more (really, really badly!) is Follow Me back. :(

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    I think it would be cool for pokemon to gain some EXP from being in the daycare or maybe it being like the global trade, and have like a pokemon nurcery where pokemon from all over the world can hang out. Maaaaaybe a pokemon dungeon feel? Where you get very short cute scenes to play through, if you choose to.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    has anyone taken into acount how friken epic it would be to see your pokemon in the daycare in 3d. i mean like if you put in a skitty and wailord, the wailord would be huge and the skitty would be small.

I know right! I kind of wonder if it'll be like Pokemon Channel and when we're in the Daycare speaking to the Pokemon or visiting them they run off, get an item they found in the daycare and hand it to us like that...? Actually finding items in the Daycare would be awesome too imo.

Ace.

Love Yourself
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    The Daycare will obviously come back. :3 It would be cool if the old man/old lady gave us some sort of way to contact each other so when our Pokemon reaches a level where its gonna learn a new move it can contact us to ask us which move we're gonna delete, keep, etc. It would also be cool to see the daycare in 3D like many other things.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hmm I was wondering what if there were two daycares. One for breeding, and one for levelling. Breeding is found later on, and the older people compete for whichever one get the most popularity?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I feel that, if there was a daycare for grinding, that hopefully they would have some sort of method that would make EV training in itself a bit easier, or if they'll even help with EV training, in a sense. Something like an EV'ing service, I suppose.

Yeah so kind of like in Join Avenue, if a daycare became like that, and EV trained in a certain thing for you. :3

Years
  • I was really disappointed that it was post game only in B2W2. I guess I'm still remembering the good old days of Emerald where you got to the daycare relatively early (just before your 3rd badge) and you had the long straight road, plus the easy access to Slugma who would speed up egg hatching, and it wasn't too much later than the daycare.

I feel like with it post game, it makes it just not as fun... Like, I don't do competitive battles, but I kinda like to just collect Pokemon as I go. Sometimes I just like breeding a lot of one somewhat rare Pokemon and trade them off to friends for other Pokemon not in my Pokedex yet.

I play the games pretty slowly most of the time, I like to take my time and not rush through... So having no daycare center before beating the game is just not fair for players like me... (Besides, don't many competitive players use Pokesav anyway... lol) I just feel like it's a waste to have it post game ONLY... If people don't want to use it before they beat the game then that's fine but I'm sure some people DO. And of course, it can help raise a Pokemon you don't have time to raise yourself, which can be useful...

As for EV training, to me, I think it takes the fun out of training, and then everyone would just use the daycare for EV training and never spend time themselves...

The only merit of EV training in the daycare would be... I guess, somewhat random EVs (I guess maybe a focus on one or two stats) but it shouldn't be perfect, there should be "mistakes" because it's just TOO EASY if you can get EV trained Pokemon that easily. It's not right... (Yeah I know I mentioned that people use Pokesav anyway, but for those who do things the legit way, it makes things almost as effortless and that just feels wrong to me.) And I guess, if they did this, then I suppose they'd have to have a way to display EVs on the Pokemon's stats (so people know what EVs their Pokemon got in the daycare) but while I'd like to see this, I have a feeling it won't happen...

Back