• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Team Pokedra (Platinum)

Pokedra

Retired
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Competitive Team Pokedra(Platinum)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At a Glance
    142m.png
    248m.png
    230.png
    94.png
    392m.png
    448m.png

INFORMATION
    With the second PC tournament coming up and I'm entering and I hope I'm let in. I'm constructing some new teams and laddering a bit on Shoddy. This team hits very had and covers a variety of types without bothering to stall or play defensive. Let's see how its turns out okay?

142m.png

Aerodactyl
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP | 252 Attack | 252 Speed

Move set:
    • Stealth Rock: You still need to set up the rocks right? Stealth Rock is my favourite form of residue damage.
    • Taunt: Stops others setting up the rocks or boosting their own stats.
    • Earthquake: Powerful attack that takes care of leads like Heatran and Metagross.
    • Stone Edge: Simple and powerful STAB attack that hits other Aerodactyl and damages Gyarados and Salamence nicely.
    Description: Suicide lead Aerodactyl which sets up the rocks and stops other leads while having two moves to attack incase needed. For example once I faced another Aerodactyl and he Taunted while I attacked. Then next turn I killed him and then set the rocks up and well Aerodactyl died after that.

248m.png

Tyranitar
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 176 HP | 252 Attack | 252 Speed

Move set:
    • Stone Edge : Powerful coming off Tyranitar and will nail anything that's weak to it(Gyarados, Salamence and Dragonite).
    • Crunch : Nice STAB move that will hit Ghosts and Psychics hard.
    • Pursuit : When they want to run and get nailed by Pursuit(Blissey, Latias and Gengar)
    • Aqua Tail : 2HKO'ed most bulky Grounds like Hippowdon and Gliscor.
    Description: CB Tyranitar is a massive physical threat that has power and bulk. It covers a variety of types and can come in and dish out massive amounts of damage.

230.png

Kingdra
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 24 HP | 252 Attack | 232 Speed

Move set:
    • Dragon Dance : Kingdra is an excellent user of Dragon Dance simply because unlike every other Dragon Dancer it does not has a horrible 4x weakness and add on her decently bulky 75/95/95 defence spread it can usually get a DD in before dying.
    • Outrage : Platinum gave Kingdra this lovely little move that allows it to destroy bulky waters after a DD. It also dents anything that doesn't resist it.
    • Waterfall : Here is the Dragon/Water combo that is resisted by one Pokemon in OU. Waterfall is powerful and will hit bulky grounds hard.
    • Yawn : This works fairly well, I mainly use it against things I know can't exactly hurt Kingdra like Lead Metagross. They switch and I DD and sweep.
    Description: I overuse DD Kingdra but the simple fact is it is a good, sturdy sweeper and will only get more usage from now as Manaphy is being tested and her Rain Dance is the perfect scene for Kingdra to come in and eat the metagame.

94.png

Gengar
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 HP | 252 Special Attack | 252 Speed

Move set:
    • Shadow Ball : Powerful STAb that will maim Azelf, SpecsGar and SpecsZam.
    • Focus Blast : Hits Tyranitar for excellent damage as well as shaving something off Blissey.
    • Hidden Power [Ice] : Revenge kills all Dragons(bar Kingdra) in OU.
    • Thunderbolt : Revenge kills Gyarados with one DD ending his sweep as well as frying Vaporeon.
    Description: ScarfGar is a good revenge killer for threats like Azelf, Tyranitar and Salamence. Modest gives him more power and Scarf makes him fast enough already.

392m.png

Infernape
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 64 Attack | 252 Special Attack | 192 Speed

Move set:
    • Nasty Plot : Doubles his Special Attack
    • Close Combat : When Blissey/Snorlax is sent in they get beaten up.
    • Hidden Power [Ice] : Hurts all Dragons(bar Kingdra) in OU.
    • Fire Blast : Immensly powerful after a Nasty Plot and even better with Blaze. Powerful STAB.
    Description: Nasty Plot Mixape hits pretty well and if they think its a Nast Plot Infernape and send in Blissey, Close Combat lands a OHKO on her 98% of the team.

448m.png

Lucario
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Attack | 4 Defence | 252 Speed

Move set:
    • Swords Dance : Doubles his Attack to boost his sweeping capabilities.
    • Close Combat : This base 120 STAB move will devour Blissey, Tyranitar and Snorlax as well as heavily damaging anything not resistant to it after an SD.
    • Extremespeed : Very useful for picking off Scarfers that can cause trouble and after an SD, it does quite a bit.
    • Crunch : Takes care of some of the walls of OU such as Rotom-Appliances, Dusknoir and Cresseila.
    Description: SD Lucario packs such incredible physical power and has a Rock-resist which greatly benefits my team and it also can revenge kill some weakened sweepers with a Life-Orbed Extremespeed if Gengar goes down. Jolly to outspeed neutral-base 100 Pokemon.

CONCLUSION
    RMT away guys. Thanks and I really like to test this team out so throw me a VM for a battle. Thanks guys. D_A don't touch the title or something bad will happen to your profile *evil laugh*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Your Tyranitar has way too many EVs.

EDIT: Gengar can't afford to miss, so Focus Blast needs to be replaced by Trick or Destiny Bond.

Modest is okay but you'll be outrun by other Scarf Gengar which almost always run Timid.

Having 3 Pokemon on a sand storm team that'll take damage in sand storm is a very risky strategy, especially since none of them can recover health or change the weather. This can be solved if you use a Rain Dance set on Kingdra.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    95.85% - 112.80% <--- CB Tar's Sone Edge does this to your Scizor and it can also come in Gengar easily on anything bar focus blast, then your revenge killer against stuff like Gyara, Mence etc loses and you are then basically owned by the aformentioned pokes.

Which means each time tar comes in (your own tar locked into a dark move, gengar locked in anything bar f-blast) you HAVE to sacrifice a poke to be able to revenge it.

I know thats kinda situational, but still it stands out. You could add a Rock resist here i feel, i mean what harm would SD Lucario > Scizor do ? Something to consider.

Which brings me to my next rant, Scarf Gar. Its awful in platinum, Pursuit weak, free switch in for Scizor/Meta/Jirachi, "I lose to literally the top 20 pokemon" lol, but sure by all means use it >.<

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    Why do you have sniper on Kingdra?
    Everything else is pretty standard but I'd use a different revenge killer over Gengar.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Maybe Scarfed Luke could go over Scarfgar? It might do some helping with the Rock weakness...

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Maybe Scarfed Luke could go over Scarfgar? It might do some helping with the Rock weakness...

Only Aerodactyl is weak to Rock but I'm considering Luke.

95.85% - 112.80% <--- CB Tar's Sone Edge does this to your Scizor and it can also come in Gengar easily on anything bar focus blast, then your revenge killer against stuff like Gyara, Mence etc loses and you are then basically owned by the aformentioned pokes.

Which means each time tar comes in (your own tar locked into a dark move, gengar locked in anything bar f-blast) you HAVE to sacrifice a poke to be able to revenge it.

I know thats kinda situational, but still it stands out. You could add a Rock resist here i feel, i mean what harm would SD Lucario > Scizor do ? Something to consider.

Which brings me to my next rant, Scarf Gar. Its awful in platinum, Pursuit weak, free switch in for Scizor/Meta/Jirachi, "I lose to literally the top 20 pokemon" lol, but sure by all means use it >.<
    It's situtational D_A but I will consider it and ScarfGar isn't that horrible just not as good as before =(

Why do you have sniper on Kingdra?
    Everything else is pretty standard but I'd use a different revenge killer over Gengar.
    Gengar works fine for me and I'm changing Sniper to Swift Swim, just an experiment =p

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I considered Ice Punch but Crunch helps a great deal against Dusknoir, Gengar and Cresseila. Close Combat is out of the question =D and Extremespeed is useful but I'll consider it =p

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I considered Ice Punch but Crunch helps a great deal against Dusknoir, Gengar and Cresseila. Close Combat is out of the question =D and Extremespeed is useful but I'll consider it =p

Cresselia still beats you; nobody uses Dusknoir; Gengar outspeeds you and kills you (and Gengar is also falling). The only reason you'd even use Jolly Lucario is to beat stuff like MixMence and 280 Speed Gliscor. Fabian is pretty much completely right. Either use Adamant with Crunch or Jolly with Ice Punch / Stone Edge.

Back