• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Attack animation Database. Project [WIP]

Should this be an "open" project where everyone can make edits?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Hello

Welcome to the Pokemon Attack animation Database Project.

OVERVIEW:

This project focuses on bringing move/attack animations into pokemon essentials / b/w kit/ ds (A mix of everything).

This "addon" is composed of animations I made myself using Pokemon Essentials- a Modifyed B/W edition.

These animations provided do not all follow official pokemon games. There are alot that are different.

These animations are in no way "perfect" they serve more as a base.
    If used please give credit to me & everyone in the Credits section. -Thank you
    -------------------------------
    Note* the animations are made by me but the graphics were provided by some one else- see credits.

PROGRESS:

This is a work in progress and it takes quite a while to test and correct errors.
    Namely changing moves into tm's and teaching them to mew.

I only have your own pokemon attack animations at the moment. Opponent attacks will be added after I finish alot of the own pokemon ones.

List of Moves:

Completed:
    Aerial Ace
    Close Combat
    Dragon Claw
    Energy Ball
    Burn Animation
    Ancient Power
    Hammer Arm
    Rock Tomb
    Fire Blast - [May Re-do]
    Mudsport
    Tackle
    Scary Face

In progress:
    Crunch
    Hypnosis
    X-scizzor
    Mean Look
    Double Kick
    Psycho Cut
    Mud Bomb
    Shadow Claw

Not even started:
    A heck of a lot.

ScreenShots:
    Spoiler:

DOWNLOADS:
    Spoiler:

CREDITS:
    Poccil \ Flameguru - Pokemon Essentials
    Venom12 - [ I think his Pokemon Essentials Ds was used as the "Base" of the kit alongside the works of poccil & Flameguru]
    RESHIRAM123 & Whomever he credited- B/W Kit
    Gamefreak and Nintendo-Pokemon Sprites, names, etc.
    Pkmn.Master & Whomever he credited for the rips - Graphics re size/ rips
    P-Sign - Ultimate B/W kit

Im pretty sure im missing people so just add a nice comment.

Last edited:

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
    Years
  • Venom12 never made a B/W kit. Only a HG/SS kit. There is one out there though made by Rafeal-animal? And CNG's kit for Ace? Or something but that's about it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Venom12 never made a B/W kit. Only a HG/SS kit. There is one out there though made by Rafeal-animal? And CNG's kit for Ace? Or something but that's about it.

I Meant that the B/W kit someone else put together was based off of his hg/ss i'll change the credits.

Years
  • At least someone used the b/w kit. i was going to release next version but
    my acc. started to act up and there were these people...
    Anyway, if you want i can give you the newest version.
    P.S : This is my new acc, but give credits to my old acc.

I also have some animations that you could use.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    There is no need to make the move a TM, you can use the debug on pokémon to teach any pokémon any move (use pageup and pagedown to advance quick in menus).

Good luck in your project, and team up with Andyman409.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    @FL. Thanks , I forgot about that option. it'll save me alot of time, and I do plan on teaming up with Andyman but after my Ap teachers decide to give us a break. 4 books for english , 5 test for Government within two weeks. A bunch of work for dual credit calculus and more... :(

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • @FL. Thanks , I forgot about that option. it'll save me alot of time, and I do plan on teaming up with Andyman but after my Ap teachers decide to give us a break. 4 books for english , 5 test for Government within two weeks. A bunch of work for dual credit calculus and more... :(

Teaming up would be great for this project. I am working to get the sound effects for all animations, and naming them properly. By the way, props on taking AP courses. They are very tedious but definitely worth the collage credit.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    They are seriously Tedious. Ive never hated english and "social studies/Government" in my entire life.

Im starting to work a little more on some animations in my free time, though they are FAR from perfect ive got the base of them down.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2022
    While I'm writing, I think Pokémon Reborn has the best and most complete moves animations (but still some animations are missing)
    You can import animations and sounds via essentials "import all animations".

After all, I think the best thing to do is to make 2 or 3 animations for each type: 1 Physical, 1 Special and 1 Status (optional).

For example, Fire Blast will share the animation with Lava Plume or Eruption. Surf = Hydro Pump. Dragon Claw = Outrage ... ... ...

But I don't know how to do this, can we use the same animation for multiple moves?

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Yep, check how the code works when the move doesn't have animation: will play a type move animation. Also, if won't have, then will play Tackle move animation.

Back