• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Awakening of Groudon - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minos Yewman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
This is the OOC thread for The Awakening of Groudon. Here you may chat about the RP or sign-up if you haven't already.

PLOT:
Imagine a world where things turned out differently…

Team Aqua succeeded in reviving Kyogre, the mighty lord of the sea. However, as with all mighty beings, they did not control it for long. It went wild, raising huge floods across Hoenn, destroying many of the mighty towns and cities. The floods have knocked out all communication with other regions. Kyogre has also made any attempt to travel by ship to the mainland of Kanto or Johto impossible, and it is too far to surf. Team Aqua has built a huge sea base, from which they command all their operations. They also hope to find and unlock the full power of the red and blue orbs, thus sealing Groudon eternally within his cavern and gaining full control over Kyogre.

Team Magma hope to awaken Groudon. The battle that follows will awaken Rayquaza who will descend from the sky to put a stop to their battle and seal them once more within deep caverns underground.

You are one of a small group of specially selected trainers who have been chosen to carry out this task. You must locate and recover the orbs and awaken Groudon.

Here is a list of what has happened to the towns in Hoenn:

Littleroot town: Completely destroyed by floods.
Oldale town: As above.
Petalburg City: Virtually unchanged. It now has the first gym rather than the fifth.
Rustboro City: Now contains little except Devon Corporation's factories, mass producing pokeballs, now in high demand due to the increasing numbers of water-type pokemon which has led to rampaging pokemon looking for new habitats.
Dewford town: Completely unchanged. Very few of the inhabitants actually know what happened.
Slateport City: Taken over by Team Aqua. They are building a submarine for an unknown reason.
New Mauville: Much expanded to accommodate the population of Mauville after it was submerged by floods. It now contains living quarters and even a gym.
Verdanturf town: Completely destroyed by floods.
Fallarbor Town: The volcanic nutrients combined with the nutrients brought by the annual floods make Fallarbor Town the centre for food production in Hoenn.
Lavaridge Town: Mostly unchanged.
Fortree City: All buildings are now in the treetops due to flooding.
Lilycove City: Completely submerged.
Mossdeep City: Most of the city was destroyed in the floods. It is being gradually rebuilt by its inhabitants although it is slow progress.
Pacifilog City: Now by far the largest city in Hoenn. Inhabitants of all destroyed towns have fled to Pacifilog.
Sootopolis City: Most of the lower levels have been submerged.
Ever Grand City: a.k.a. Team Magma HQ. Also home to Prof. Birch.

RULES:
Please read them. If you break any of them I will give you a warning. Break one again and I will PM you. Once more and I will kick you out.
  • All PC and RP rules still apply.
I accept no responsibility to what might happen if you break these.
  • No godmodding.
It wouldn't be much of an RP otherwise.
  • No swearing
Sorry, but I detest people swearing in RPs. After all, this is a public site.
  • I may control your characters in small ways such as: everyone ran down the passage. If you are kicked out then I will take full control of your character to have it killed.
Sign-up (currently OPEN)

I am not strict at all on these. As long as I see you have a good character, I will let you in.

Sign-up sheet:

Name:
Pokemon: (up to 6. Try to keep it fewer than 4 though. Also- LEGENDARIES ARE ALLOWED!!!! However, you can only have one and don't take a legendary that someone already has.)
For each pokemon:
Nickname:
Species:
Where you got them: (optional)

Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other:

List of currently available legendaries:

Arcticuno
Zapdos - TAKEN (Sweet_Dreams)
Moltres
Mewtwo - TAKEN (N-XIGE)
Mew - TAKEN (Charchic)
Entei
Suicune - TAKEN (AExcalibur)
Raikou
Lugia
Ho-oh
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios - TAKEN (Viper)
Jirachi - TAKEN (Superjub)
Deoxys - TAKEN (Minos Yewman)
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Heatran
Cresselia
Manaphy
Shaymin

Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Regigigas, Darkrai and Arceus are not available for any purpose. I do not count Phione as legendary so feel free to have as many Phione as you want.

If you want to reserve one then PM me.

Current character list:

Orinon Hunter (Minos Yewman)
Spoiler:

Michael Platinum (Charchic)
Spoiler:

Kai Trustor (Viper)
Spoiler:

Jake Truthbell (AExcalibur)
Spoiler:

Livvi Carter(Mismaguis)
Spoiler:

Miran Alexis (N-XIGE)
Spoiler:

Sandy (Sweet_Dreams)
Spoiler:

Brad
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Charchic

The 3rd Member of the Elite 4
Years
Sign-up sheet:

Name: Michael Platinum (Real name unknown)

Pokemon: Mew, Eevee, Pidgey

For each pokemon:
Nickname: Mew - Angel, Eevee - Troy, Pidgey - Pheonix
Species: Mew, Eevee and Pidgey.
Personality: Mew is shy and likes to sing quietly, she is also polite and generally calm and happy, she is very pretty and wears a pink bow, Eevee is quiet and likes to run round chasing Pidgey and trying to eat him, Eevee is mischevious and is always planing stuff, also he is scared of water which is bad in the situation, Pidgey is also scared of water but can fly so that makes it ok. She likes to peck Eevee and annoy him, she is generally quiet.

Appearance: Michael is about five foot and has short brown hair, tanned skin and freckles, he has a scar down his face from the left cornor of his eye to the bottom of his lip. He also usually has a shy and innocent expression on his face and wears blue jeans and a white hoody.
Personality: He is quiet a generally shy person but very loud and happy once you get to know him, he has a huge sence of humour and is a joy to be around, but he can also be very depressing at times which really annoys some people.
History: Not much is known about Michael's history, he lives alone with his mother and father, the rest of his family alive or deceased, nobody really knows. But he really wants to see them somewhere within this quest.
Other: Nothing really.

Nice roleplay idea ;)

Minos Yewman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
Hey, welcome to the team (let's hope there's some more people out there who want to sign up)

Idle.

Seriously.
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2008
Name: Kai Trustor

Pokemon: Latios,Salamence,Tyranitar

For each pokemon:
Nickname:Aero,Draco,T-Rex,

Species: Latios,Salamence,Tyranitar

Personality: Latios is ususally happy but he can become grumpy when Provoked and is usually shy when meeting someone new.
Salamence is very very grumpy but when you get to know him you will find that he is very kind-hearted towards friends.
Tyranitar is very lazy.He will never wake up for anyone and if he gets woken up by someone he gets very very angry.

Appearance:
boy.jpg

Personality: Kai has the same personality as Latios.He has a few traits that are the same as the other two though.

History: Kai was born in Lavaridge town.His parents died when a ship they were on sunk and Kai went to live with his uncle.Kai was well known throughout Lavaridge and he was sad to see it go when he had to go to Fortree to find his uncle.

Other: None

Minos Yewman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
OK here's my sign up:

Sign-up sheet:

Name: Orinon Hunter
Pokemon:
Nickname: NONE
Species: Metagross(shiny)
Personality: Simply likes to battle. Despite being Orinon's first pokemon and also being his main battling pokemon, it has no bond with its trainer.
Where you got them: Given to Orinon as a Beldum by his godfather when Orion was very young.

Nickname: Eplix
Species: Espeon
Personality: Has a very storng bond with Orinon. Although she does have a pokeball, she dislikes going in it and so can nearly always be seen walking with Orinon.
Where you got them: And give away the plotline of my fanfic! Never!

Nickname: Oceanos
Species: Blastoise
Personality: Oceanos enjoys battling when it knows it will win. If it is not going to win then it does not want to battle. It is friendly as long as you don't try and be superior to it.
Where you got them: And give away the plotline of my fanfic! Never!

Nickname: Pory
Species: Porygon
Personality: Porygon is a clump of data that can speak. It has no personality.
Where you got them: Given to Orinon along with 'The Cube' by an unknown person. Orinon never uses it to battle as it is far too weak.
Nickname: NONE
Species: Deoxys
Personality: Deoxys is still developing a personality. It adapts very easily to match situations.

Appearance: Orinon is about six feet high with messy brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He wears mostly black clothes to blend in with the night when he does most of his travelling. He has decidedly worn hiking boots and a black trench coat that contains many useful items and more not useful ones. His backpack has a small tent in it and 'The Cube'. This is an electronic gadget that came with Porygon. It includes every useful thing you could need from the Pokedex to the fame checker.
Personality: Orinon does not like working in a group, preferring to work alone. If forced to work with others he will not try to strike up friendships with them.
History: Orinon was brought up by his godfather on Mt. Silver in Johto. His godfather was killed in a Tyranitar rampage leaving Orinon alone. He travelled to Hoenn to have a go at the league, but the boat was hit by a storm and sank. He surfed on Oceanos to Ever Grand City.
Other: Orinon is the main character from my fanfic. For other info, look at that.

Oh, and Viper. You're in but can you prehaps add a bit more to personality (eg. HOW he is like the other two.)

Last edited:

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I'm feeling a bit uncreative at the moment, so I'm gonna use an image for meh appearence.

Name: Jake Truthbell
Pokemon:

Nickname: Shuriken
Species: Starmie
Personality: A bit too hasty, Shuriken does his own thing in battle if Jake is still thinking about the stragegy to use. However it is obedient and loves to battle. A bond is apparent with Jake, Shuriken was Jake's first pokemon.
Obtained: When the floods occured, his family didn't make it out in time on a safari near Lilycove City. However his first non-rented Pokemon, a Staryu, tried to carry him to safety regardless of his attempt to save his parents. He owed his life to that Staryu caught in the Safari, as there were several tidal waves that enveloped the entire city soon after.

Nickname: None
Species: Suicune
Personality: Suicune is a caring entity which always thinks before making an action. It respects each and every living entity with the same respect it is given. As such, Suicune is very protective of it's owner, also for another reason.
Obtained: Suicune chose Jake actually. With the floods, the water became tainted from the corpses and buildings that are now submerged. Soon as Suicune arrived, it selected Jake as it's partner. This was because Suicune came to purify the tainted water, and it was completely new to Hoenn itself. As a guide, Jake accepted, also to protect Suicune from Team Aqua.

Nickname: Rukario
Species: Lucario
Personality: Lucario is an easily angered Pokemon that spares no mercy in battle. It takes pride in battling and also respects one trust. If one breaks a promise with the Lucario, there will be hell to pay. There is not much of a bond with Jake, even though Jake offered it chances to run off. It feels that it is superior to Jake and Shuriken actually.
Obtained: It was an egg Jake managed to save from the floods. Regardless of this, it hatched as a Riolu and felt enraged for some reason. It attacked Jake a few days after and he had to catch it using a Poke'Ball to contain it without wounding it.

Nickname: Data
Species: Porygon-Z
Personality: Even though Porygon-Z is a clump of data, it's AI evolves slowly and it's somewhat of a pervert. Rather lazy, the AI still is programmed to follow orders even though it acts more stragegically than Jake in battles. Outside of battles, get a girl nearby, and it'll try to look up her skirt.
Obtained: Some person gave him this pokemon in the form of a CD, telling him to put it in any Pokemon Center. Doing so, he found out he had several Porygon-Z in his storage, and released all but one. He had a feeling this one was worth while, even though he regrets it now, due to Data's perverted personality.

Appearance: http://kotaku.com/photogallery/awdorcos/1000335154 He doesn't have the sniper rifle, but a combat-ready hunting knife incase of close encounters.

Personality: With his parents dead, Jake became a quiet one that would just want to get rid of Team Aqua and leave it at that. Easily provoked, he's not one that people would like to get along with. He normally prefers to stay outside of groups as well. He WILL help others, but he doesn't prefer groups.

History: He was born in Fallarbor Town and still lives there. However when he went on a safari, his parents died in the flooding, him living only due to a Staryu he caught. Comprehending what to do next, he found himself encountering Suicune which chose him as it's partner, a clump of perverted data becoming his pokemon, and an egg containing a ticked off Riolu all his during the way back. Now at Fallarbor Town, he's searching to see what the floods have done to Hoenn and if there's anything he can do to help.

Minos Yewman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
Welcome to the group. Hey, people are actually joining!!! Come on people join! JOIN!!! (No I am not trying to make you join)

Armada

Dont Love Me I Dont Deserve It
Years
Name: Amber
Pokemon: Latias, Umbreon, Leafeon
For each pokemon:
Nickname: (Latias) Areia (Umbreon) Shadow (leafeon) Zei
Species: Latias, Umbreon, Leafeon
Personality: All very outgoing, and protective of Amber. Zei loves to fight

Appearance: Long black hair, usually wears in pigtails with red bows. Red halter top, black leather jeans. Thin, but slightly muscular
Personality: Loves a good battle, very outgoing. Can be shy at times, though
History: beaten by her father, the rest is a bit fuzzy to her due to the fact that she nearly drowned on a cruise, lost her memory. Her Latias was the only reason she survived
Other: hates water for obvious reasons

so may I join, Minos? please? =^-^=

Last edited:

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
Years
Name: Livvi Carter
Pokemon: Vulpix, Misdrevus, Scyther

Nickname: Neufter
Species: Vulpix (Can evolve into ninetales)
Personality: A lovely pokemon, admired by most others. Likes to play around. But can be seroise when messed with. Hates being trapped inside a pokeball. And petrefide of small spaces. Very Quite. But can be loud when attacking in battle.
Where you got them: First pokemon Ever caught...

Nickname: Medalien
Species: Misdreavus
Personality: Plays around alot. Likes to tease. When messing about, it is heard of a while away beause of the high pitch noise it makes when is happy. Powerfull In battle, but very rarely chosen to fight.
Where you got them: Found in Dewford Town, near the cave enterance.

Nickname: Furthmight
Species: Scyther
Personality: Very Seroise. Hates to mess about. Loves to fight. When approched to, it seems alerts to caution. When invaved it's person space, it attacks. But seems attracted to vulpix.
Where you got them: When lost in Petalburg woods, with vulpix. It came out of the blue and attacked. Vulpix's flames allowed me to catch it.

Appearance: Like this?
Personality: Very careing. Loves to share intersed and shares with people and pokemon! Her mother is a head scientist at Team Magma, and her Father - Never Seen in her life. Appently lives in Jhoto. Once she Sucseeds in her goal. She wants to travel to Jhoto to finally meet her Father

History: Orignaly Lived in Verdanturf Town, But since destroyed moves to New Mauvile With her Mother. Deicded to go help the world

Other: None.

Last edited:

Minos Yewman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
When are we gonna start RP'ing?

You arn't allowed to ask that^. I will start when I find out if sweet_dreams or N-XIGE are going to join. Also WE NEED A TITLE! Any ideas?

Mismaguis, your sign-up is OK. If you want to add more, feel free.

Last edited:

Armada

Dont Love Me I Dont Deserve It
Years
do i need to add more, minos?

and how about/..... new hope? is that a good title?

Last edited:

N-XIGE

Ascension: Success Story
Years
Sign-up sheet:

Name: Miran Alexis
Pokemon: Mewtwo, Mighyena, Camelrupt, Blastoise, Venosaur and Charizard

Nickname: Phobos
Species:MewtWo
Personality: Phobos, has been a mentor and an older brother to Miran ever since they met...Caring for him and protecting him, influencing his descicions positively, but he has always maintained a stern, strict and just policy. Infact in critical situations, Phobos controls Miran telepathically, infact he actually hasn't been captured by Miran.

Nickname: Kain
Species: Mightyena
Personality: Kain has been by the right hand side of Miran in all situations of his life...infact he was born in his house. Kain is a very protective and loyal pokemon, warding off any form of harm to his owner.

Nickname: Shellos
Species: Blastoise
Personality: Shellos is actually mewtwo's cloned pokemon, belonging to mewtwo and not Miran, but however under Mewtwo's TELEPATHIC commands, he obeys.

Nickname:Skyterror
Species: Charizard
Personality: Charizard shares the same belief with blastoise, in other words, he acts on Telepathic messages sent to him from mewtwo, making Miran feel incharge.

Nickname: Vulcan
Species: Camelrupt
Personality: Camelrupt was a gift to Miran by his father...he acts as mirans last choice pokemon, he however has developed a bond with his master, and is totally obedient to all commands.

Nickname: Cybele
species: Venusaur
Personality: He seems to be a little bit more adamant than his other counterparts...only doing what benefits mewtwo best.

Appearance: As an official most of his wears are in either black, red or both, he normally wears a red face cap, on a reg jacket with a black sleeveless interior, with black pants(trousers) and red sneakers.

Personality: He is a very silent guy, who is very content with his personal belongings, he also in that manner feels other people should...leading to selfishness. He however happens to be very social and proud of his criminal, occult background.

History: All his life he has lived as a Magma official, and he is proud of it...even from birth, as his father is Alex, the Leader of team magma. This is one of the reasons for him being an admin...his life has been occult, thus hiding many details, until a few months ago when he was sent on a mission with his crew to slate port for the purpose of retrieving the blue print of team aqua's submarine...it was his first fail, his crew's occult presence was given off by a whismur...this sound waves triggerred Kyogres motions, as in a crossfire, kyogre send a thunderbolt attack...this tore down most of the submarine and the port...it was then mewtwo arrived and hid Miran within his shield, protecting him from damage... the next thing he knew was that he was in a lab...with Mewtwo
Ill edit in a few minutes

Last edited:

Minos Yewman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
We have a title!

I'll wait for you to finish editing first. Note that your list of pokemon includes venusaur but this has been replaced by Camurupt later on.

I now have come up with a title (or part of one. Depends if I can find anything to go in front of it):

The awakening of Groudon

Last edited:

Minos Yewman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
Welcome to the team....hey we now have 6 whole people. COOL!

I will get this moved to the main roleplay forum when I have a chance.

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
It's best you request a name change for this and make this the OOC thread. Make a new thread inside with the link to this to chat and sign-up, a list of the accepted people, and the plot.

Minos Yewman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
That might be easier....ok i'll go and PM the mod now.

EDIT: DOne. I also created the main thread. RP will start when I have time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back