• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pointless NPCs

Years
"The air is tasty here!" - Little boy, Route 117.

So, who are some NPCs who had no real purpose in the game, other than to "be there," that you found rather memorable?

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
"The air is tasty here!" - Little boy, Route 117.

So, who are some NPCs who had no real purpose in the game, other than to "be there," that you found rather memorable?

THIS. The litle guy is curios so he tastes the air. I wanna know how much sweet scent did he inhale?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I guess the most memorable NPC to me will always be the guy who says "im on vacation with my girlfriend - why did she bring her little brother" xD

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
There is a NPC in Hoenn who does serve the slight purpose of healing your Pokemon when you are north of the desert, but she is pretty memorable to me because many a times I have been caught in an endless cycle of her healing my Pokemon. She always says something like 'You still look tired, rest some more!' and this keeps me from just mashing the A button while talking to her.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Something would be memorable to me if they didn't all say something stupid and pointless!
The memorable NPC to me, although, you do battle her is in the water right after Dewford town.

"My boyfriend lied, he says I look good in a Bikini."

WHAT GAMEFREAK?! YOU'RE PUTTING INSECURITIES IN POKEMON.

Shame on you.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The guy on Mauville's Bicycle Road in Hoenn who just says "Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel" over and and over. Why did Gamefreak think this guy was necessary? You have no idea how many times I've accidentally talked to him and even gone into a continous loop of him saying "Rydel" over and over. He's both the most annoying NPC and the most pointless.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 18, 2014
He might be a trainer, but Fisherman Ralph on Route 32 in the Johto is always memorable. Instead of calling you about his pokemon, he calls to ask how you and your mom are doing. He reminds you that your mom is home alone, and would love to hear you call her.

Last edited:
Back