• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What if B/W released a 3DS version now?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Let's say that GF had been developing a 3DS version of the original Unova games, and planned to announce/release it around the time 8th generation came out. It'd be just like the originals, so not quite a remake, but rather just fully in 3D, where you really would experience the camera angles and everything else to a greater extent. Would you buy this? Why or why not? Share your thoughts!

Last edited:

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
    Years
  • Hmmmmm.... I'll have to consider this one. But a 3DS version would not really pique my interest, although I would definitely love the camera angles if they were slightly improved, from the original games. :3

Years
  • id definetly buy it. The main villain team had so much development and their king(and former king in b/w 2) had a really good reason to battle. not to mention when you fought him for the last time he actually had the other legendary like zekrom for black and reshiram for white. also gen 5 is probably my favorite so that s another reason id get it

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    B/W would have benefited greatly from 3D. I liked it enough without that I would have bought it anyway, but I would also re-buy it in 3D because I really like the 3D effects on the 3DS.

Years
  • I would have loved a 3DS version of the game given the neat graphics on the Skyarrow Bridge and the environment would look cool, but I don't think I would have been able to afford a 3DS back then or adjust to it quickly. This was why I thought 6th Gen was a perfect time to adapt to the 3DS.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The reason B2/W2 didn't go to 3DS was obviously because they'd have to allow trading inter-platform, something not planned for B/W. Needless to say, that's why they hurried to get the 3DS Pokémon generation started right on the heels of B2/W2.

Would I buy a separate B/W game there? I'd have to think about it. If anything, it'd be White since I have Black.

Cyclone

Ace.

Love Yourself
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    Hmm, it really depends. If the story and everything is the same, then I wouldn't really consider getting it. But if there was a tweak in the storyline and some changes, then I guess I'd get it. I really would love to see Castelia in a real 3D system as well as the bridges.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Hmm..that would be nice but i'd hope for some kind of change post E4 because it was just boring in B/W.

Years
  • I'd HAVE to buy it. I'm so excited for X/Y, and a large part of that is the 3D aspect of it. And just to imagine seeing all the cute pokemon fleshed out in 3D! Also, Unova had a lot of awesome cutscenes and the like, so Id love to see that in 3D, like the closing of the Driftveil Drawbridge or when Zekrom/Reshiram awaken. And to see Unova from all angles instead of from above would make it feel like an entirely new game. However, I'd want to buy the new generation first, as it has new pokemon and a new storyline etc. But I'd definitely buy BW 3D right after! :D

Sirfetch’d

Unova is one of if not the most Beautiful regions ever. i would have to see it in 3D especially all the scenes OMG! I would definitely buy it. I want it just thinking about it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I would probably get X and Y first, then farther down the road after the BW 3D titles came down, maybe? I don't really like buying both versions much anymore and I think it would feel like that...

Honestly though I think I'm actually leaning towards a no.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Thinking further, I'd much prefer a Hoenn remake. It was the last generation released with top-down mapping.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Bump! Would you get the games again if they made a 3DS version of BW and B2W2 (and released them now)? Nothing else would change... except the 3DS-ness.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Maybe, Unova's environments are nice to look at. If it were remade on the Nintendo Switch or a future platform, definitely.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I think it would be rather beautiful. I'd love to see the different seasons. I would definitely get them.

Last edited:
    Back