• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[TUT]Hacking the worldmap in Fr/Lg

kaka1918

sorry im bad in english
Years
the problem is Pelet
problem is that I too
never really able to insert a worldmap
(I was come, but my last hurdle
was the range).
If I can solve this problem, you
will include a manually worldmap
from an already drawn image.

DawnRyder

I cannot believe I'm back -.-
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2011
OK. When I insert the image at a new offset, and open my rom in VBA the map is all screwy, but the palette is fine...

I used PTC for tilemap/tileset editing.

What did I do wrong?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
OK. When I insert the image at a new offset, and open my rom in VBA the map is all screwy, but the palette is fine...

I used PTC for tilemap/tileset editing.

What did I do wrong?

Did you change the pointer of the tilemap? Just so you know it can't be done in unLZ. You usually have to do it by hex, although someone around here made a tool for repointing the world map tilemaps. I used it. Check around the toolbox.

SiegHart

Guardian of Time
Years
hmm so i have a question, i followed the guide exactly as i should have, i made new offsets when needed and stuff, and repointed the map at the end, but my question is, when i open up the rom and view the world map it just goes to a black screen, but when i show the world map in advanced map it shows the correct map... why wont it show up in the rom

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
hmm so i have a question, i followed the guide exactly as i should have, i made new offsets when needed and stuff, and repointed the map at the end, but my question is, when i open up the rom and view the world map it just goes to a black screen, but when i show the world map in advanced map it shows the correct map... why wont it show up in the rom

The offsets you should have inserted the map at should have either ended with 0,4,8 or C. I'm guessing yours didn't. Please tell me if yours did or not so we can solve your problem.

OM3GA Umbr30n

Was Mazot2
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 3, 2010
I understood everything perfectly fine nice tutorial but the only thing i didnt really understand was the ending.
EDIT:nvm...

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2010
does this change how you control the world map like giving information on town and routes or just changes the look?
because i want to change the flying positions aswell. Can someone give me a link to where i want to go?
Thanks alot in advance.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
does this change how you control the world map like giving information on town and routes or just changes the look?
because i want to change the flying positions aswell. Can someone give me a link to where i want to go?
Thanks alot in advance.
This only changes the graphics. In you want to change other things, you can do it in Advance-Map.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2010
This only changes the graphics. In you want to change other things, you can do it in Advance-Map.
Thanks for the reply
umm does AM really edit those parts of the map like if you want to fly for example to another area and choose where to fly in the map.
just making sure okay.
again thanks in advance

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Thanks for the reply
umm does AM really edit those parts of the map like if you want to fly for example to another area and choose where to fly in the map.
just making sure okay.
again thanks in advance
Yes, in advance map u can choose your fly positions and u have to apply every city to the map

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
I can't seem to get this working. I tried many times, all I get is a funky colored screen with one tile over the entire world map.

NeoS

Mexican Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2012
Hey guys, I need your help.

I followed all the steps of the tutorial, but when I finish, there are a blue line should not be there. Since I can remove, and not the RAW. I have reviewed hundreds of times with NTME.

Check it:
The blue line is at the bottom of both maps.
problem1i.png

problem2.png

Can you help me?

Note: Do not steal the WorldMap, are my hack. Hoenn is the modification of "The Corpse Devils" credits to him.

Mr. Banana Peel

beginnig hacker (needs help)
Years
help people i cant get it to work i think theres something wrong i do with the hex editor and ive tried 6 times now and it still wont work please help me

Back