• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were the...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Last person on earth, what would you do?

But theres a trick to it.
    You can't commit suicide, and your immortal. There is no power, you can't watch TV, go on the internet, etc.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Explore everywhere. Collect everyhting and probably eat everything. But soon I'd like to die. I know it may sound horrid but yes. I would get really bored. Seriously, I would like to die so I can see my family once more.

Years
  • Slap myself and wake up from this horrible, horrible dream.

No? That's not an option? Fine. I'll learn to join the ranks of the apes, then. In the future, I'll be considered the "wise ape" in the pack, and I'll lead the ape race for eternity while rebuilding civilization on Earth. I just can't survive alone. :<

Akita

Returned
    Years
  • You ruled out suicide. Now I actually have to think.

I'd probably raid abandoned cities for supplies and such. Spending my time wandering what used to be America sounds about right. I'm sure after a while, anyone in that situation would go insane.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Awesome thread.

I'd first convert a Super Target into a personal home.
    (Target over WalMart because Target is easier on the eyes.)
    Then i'd gather as many books as I could and study up on everything such as electrical wiring, power plants, gardening (sure I may be immortal but that doesn't mean my body will stay in good health), woodworking, metalworking, etc.
    Eventually i'd put everything I learned into action and get the power up and running in my store/home, build additions/rooms inside it, grow my own food in a large garden; stuff like that.
    Then I guess i'd just hang out for eternity. I'd watch movies and other DVDs, master the guitar and other instruments, read.

It'd get boring after a while...

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I'd give up my immortality or one of my spare ribs to create a lady friend, who will hopefully start out the same age as me, or be around the same age as what I am currently at, preferably older.

If that doesn't work I'd throw away my clothes, let's face it I'm immortal I don't need protection and start raiding food stores.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Hmm... First of course I would try to make my own personal dwelling. I'd go to the university close-by, study all the books, and try to upgrade my dwelling eventually to how modern society was.

And since I'm immortal, withing 150 years I'm going to genetically create humans out of... my DNA, since that's really all that's left >__> Being immortal means I don't exactly have an age. So I create more genetic diversity of humans. Promote "repopulation", which will honestly be awkward at first even with sciences ensuring everything >__> Well it might take me a few more hundred years to pull it off right, but I'll eventually get a stronger race of humanity going and naturally, I'm gonna have to be the emperor since I'm immortal.

Yep. Immortality has its advantages in this situation.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Hmm... First of course I would try to make my own personal dwelling. I'd go to the university close-by, study all the books, and try to upgrade my dwelling eventually to how modern society was.

And since I'm immortal, withing 150 years I'm going to genetically create humans out of... my DNA, since that's really all that's left >__> Being immortal means I don't exactly have an age. So I create more genetic diversity of humans. Promote "repopulation", which will honestly be awkward at first even with sciences ensuring everything >__> Well it might take me a few more hundred years to pull it off right, but I'll eventually get a stronger race of humanity going and naturally, I'm gonna have to be the emperor since I'm immortal.

Yep. Immortality has its advantages in this situation.

But what if the humans you created got tired of you and decided to cut you up into pieces and then you'd be stuck as pieces for the rest of eternity however long that may be, probably forever. Wouldn't immortality be a disadvantage then? Then again I'd be unsure if you can stay conscious if your brain is in pieces.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    But what if the humans you created got tired of you and decided to cut you up into pieces and then you'd be stuck as pieces for the rest of eternity however long that may be, probably forever. Wouldn't immortality be a disadvantage then? Then again I'd be unsure if you can stay conscious if your brain is in pieces.

Hmm... Well in those cases, Immortality has to be strongly defined. Would my skin be impenetrable? I'd basically be some sort of Demidiety. A real one unlike the Pharaohs who just thought that. But of course, this is a very fantasy based situation of being the last human on earth and being immortal. If your were smart enough, my outcome would eventually be the outcome.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Suicide by force, however that works.

I would travel, and then find a way to travel to outer space. Then I wouldn't be the last person on Earth anymore :D

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'd become a nurturer to the Earth.. I guess... since I'd be immortal.. I'd guess I wouldn't have to worry about eating or sleeping because my body wouldn't degenerate, would it?

I guess become like a.. Mother Earth in a way.. plant trees and watch Earth prosper in OTHER ways rather than humanity.

Just because OUR time is over doesn't mean that it's over for other life on our Earth and I'd love to be able to watch it grow. It'd give me a real purpose to be there.. and I don't think it'd end up being mundane.. it'd make me feel like the NEW Earth is an accomplishment that I've made.

Then I would make inks out of plants and flowers.. and cover the Earth with beautiful artwork and rich plantlife.. I'd want it to be a bliss even if I were alone. Like my own paradise... because well.. why not? :3

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    Probably hang out with some dogs, eat, sleep, and if I'm immortal, I've gotta be like Zeus or something, right? Not that would be fun. If that happened, creat some humans, let them wander around, then get randomly mad and start frying stuff so they'd freak out. :b

Years
  • Well I'd probably try and commit suicide at one point or another, and after realising that I'm immortal I would stop bothering to gather supplies to keep myself alive as my body can't degenerate or anything. I'd read up on all my school textbooks and then from that study further of physics and electricity from universities until I can build generators and use those to create power.

Seeing as I have infinity time, I'd further my understanding in almost everything around me, and then because I can't die I can explore inside volcanoes (ie. in lava), dig underground and expand on the scientific knowledge that the human race already had. With knowledge in carpentry and building I'd build a house (as by this stage all current buildings are probably all delapidated after four hundred years of being uninhabited), figure out how to run vehicles and drive insanely fast for fun. Learn how to fly and eventually get to mining, producing aluminium and sulfuric acid and all chemicals needed. I'd figure out ways to get all these things to run automatically, or at least with little human interference, learn robotics and develop that technology until I can get things automated enough to work as they would if the human race was alive in 2010 (even though by this stage it would probably be in the 3000s by the time I've built all of these factories and mines single-handedly). After this, create supercomputers to store information with artificial intelligence (I'm immortal, what do I have to worry about AI taking over?) that can invent better than the human mind, and find ways to use wormholes, to harness gravity and to travel to other planets, make them habitable, spread animals to different planets, make some planets purely industrial and make a single-man empire. Oh yeah, and at some point I'd try and recreate human life, but it'd be hard to do without having living humans to test things on (for example creating an artificial womb with no live model to base betas on would be hell).

Oh yeah, obviously I'd do some fun stuff as well, like once I restore power, create and record a wide range of songs, become perfect at drumming, guitar, bass, keys, violin, clarinet, trumpet etc. But yeah, needless to say, all this would be a sad existance, all triumphs would occur over such large periods of time that you'd hardly feel successful at all.

Probably hang out with some dogs
    And of course this.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Create a spaceship and explore the universe. You never said there wasn't power, living beings, and so forth in the reaches of space. Only problem is what would produce the energy to power the space since I assume by power you mean electricity. Unless you mean all sources of power like solar, wind, water, and so on.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I will smuggle the DVD shod.
    I will create a generator to supply electricity.
    I will live in the supermarket, and hook the generator to it.
    I will watch all the DVDs I smuggled.
    I will get food in the supermarket while watching.
    I will then move into the video games store.
    I will hook the generator to the store.
    I will play all the flippin' games I could ever play.
    Rinse, lather, repeat

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'd create my own source of power and proceed to watch anime. Oh, and I'd probably move into some rich guy's mansion and live out eternity in plush luxury. And I'd sleep. A lot.

Back