• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When and How did you became a Pokemon fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
Years
  • Wow...this is a Long story for me :D

I became a Pokemon Fan , about 6 Years ago when i was 7/8. I can remember vaugely , that i had switched on the T.V and Pokemon was on at the time , on the Channel i was on fortunately ^^ It was the episode with the Clefairys and the space ship (I have no idea of the name of it , because i can only just remember) and i instantly got captivated by the Anime , and course by Ash and Pikachu LOL ^____^
    So i ended up watching the Anime and it carried on from there.... once the Cards came out and every kid was collecting them , i ended up collecting them. And in only half a Year i knew all the Pokemon and their names at the time. I have been a Pokemon Fan ever since i turned on that T.V ^^ And i'm glad i did ! And then of course , a few Years ago i turned to Pokeshipping aswell ;)

So whats your Story ? How did you become a Fan ?
    Spill the Beans ! >=3

Porygon

Banned
    Years
  • My brother brought home some Pok?mon cards one day, and I got to like Pok?mon. My love for Pok?mon increased when I got that games and was able to watch the T.V. shows at my Dad's [he had cable]. Heh, I'll bet that my brother's kicking himself for bringing those cards home? because even though he "grew out" of Pok?mon, I still love it. Heh.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • Hmm, let's see. I was in 7th grade when I began liking Pokemon...it was actually around the beginning of that school year. About five to six years ago. I was watching TV one day flipping through the channels--I had been watching Monster Rancher after school at the time on FOX and I didn't know what anime was back then--so I came across this girl with purple hair and the animation looked awfully familiar to Monster Rancher's (The episode was "Make Room For Gloom" and the girl was Florinda.) I kind of just watched it to see what it was all about; and, I learned it was Pokemon...something my cousins were already hooked on. Eventually, I watched it everyday after school and I found it more and more entertaining with the characters and all. I soon got swept away in the craze, too! I began playing Pokemon Red on my Game Boy Color when I got it that year for Christmas and many more versions of the game after that...and here I am today! ^_^

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • Well I started liking Pokemon during the summer before 6th grade, so in 1999. My cousins came over one day because we were going to some party or something. Well anyways they brought over some cards... pokemon cards. I had no idea what they were and they looked so weird to me! But we started playing... kinda. We kinda made up rules since they didn't have a whole lot of cards at the time. Well the cards intrigued me and I wanted some too! So I bought my first card off of my cousin for $0.80 and it was a diglett... I still have that card too! Then I started watching the show after school and I really started to get into it from then on! For Christmas I got Yellow and a GBC and that's when I first started playing the game. Then I got tired of all things Pokemon in 7th-8th grade. Last year however, I was watching American Idol with my sister and when the show ended I flipped to the TV Guide channel to see what else I could watch. I noticed Pokemon was on cartoon network at that time so I decided to watch it for old time's sake... and it was fun trying remember the old episodes. And I started watching it everyday and here I am! Yeah... that's my story!

Phoenix Boy

Guess Whos Back..........
    Years
  • Well i have to remember this one:

well i was flicking through some Tv channels one day when i came across this yellow mouse thing and a brown cat (EEvee and picachu) i then saw this boy and girl arguingg and i laughed (Ash and misty)
    I found it again the next day and the next and next and i went into this shop and saw the mosue again and bought one and played with it and got into the show

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I began to like it five years ago when I was in the fifth grade...I turned on the TV, began watching Hypno's Naptime, and I was addicted from there on...I actually pretended to be a pokehater for a while to hide the fact that I liked the show, but eventually people found out...I got into the TCG in November 1999 when a kid in my sunday school class gave me three cards, and I began to collect the cards obsessively after that...in January 2000 I got into the game boy game (my first game was pokemon yellow) and I also became obsessed with that...the only thing that I don't care for anymore is the TCG, which I got out of about the middle of 2003 because I hadn't been in a league for two years after they discontinued it...I miss the league more than anything...my haymaker deck was unbeatable ;_;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Well, it was about six years go. I was at the library with my family one day, and my mother said that we could pick out a movie. (Our library has a movie section.) I was looking around, and spotted a tape with this cute little yellow thing on it. I decided to rent it. Once we got home, my brother and I watched the tape. (It was 'Seaside Pikachu'.) We were instantly hooked! We figured out that the show was called Pok?mon, and after that we rented almost every single other Pok?mon tape that we could find, we bought probably over a $1000 worth of its merchandise, etc. We had to collect the cards, buy all of the toys, everything. And it's still my favorite show! I love it just as much as I did when I first learned about it. I found out that it was made in Japan, and that it was a type of 'Anim?'. I've learned about several of my other favorite shows, which happen to be Anim?, as well. (Like Tokyo Mew Mew, InuYasha, etc.) So I'm so glad that I found that tape that day! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    When i was i think 7 i was still living in kyoto and i remebered my mom got me any game i wanted for my last day of school and i ended up getting pokemon red and just started from there...i even got to see the seziure episode...nothing happened to me though it only effected 1 out of every thirtymillion kids.

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
  • Geez all of those seem so... alien to my story...

I must owe all my thanks to Lunchables maybe 5 years ago when I was in.... yeah... 1st Grade. I was interested in these weird little dudes on the back of the Lunchables and I started to collect "All 36!" I thought that was all the Pokemon... but then one day I was flipping through channels and I saw the episode in Lavender Town... and I saw Charmander. I was like "That dude aint one of teh 36!" and I found out more about Pokemon.. and then later my brother's friend introduced me to Red and Blue... (he showed me Missing No and I got nightmares o_O) and later I started gettin the cards and the the games... man I remember being stuck in the Dark Tunnel for like a month. I used to watch the show every morning at 6:30 before school and stuff also..

So yes...

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Look at mine ^^ Its a kinda weird...

In 1998, a was playing with my lil friends... Once in the other day, they came and started to talk about something, something cool, I decided to hear. They were talking about Pok?mon... Yay! They told me what time the show starts in the TV, so I watched. My first episode was that with the Pikachu using gloves, when it fights against Hitmonchan, Primeape's Goodbye and etc... Really Cool ^^ So I started to watch episode after episode. 2 years after, I went back to the US and bought a lot of TCG cards ^^ In the same year's Xmas, i won a Gameboy Color and Pok?mon Blue and Red ^^ In my birthday i won Yellow... after that, it was toys, collectibles and etc... I become in 2 years one of the biggest fanatics! Now, all of my friends that liked pkmn are saying that is a 'kid thing'... idiots...

~Casty (Im like a bird! A dead one!)

Years
  • okay, mine was in 3rd grade. I was at Campfire (a sort of after school thing) and I noticed a kid playing a gameboy (I didn't know at the time what a gameboy was) I looked over his shoulder, and noticed what I now identify as a Charizard aginst a Ghost. the thing couldn't move. after that, the group went outside, and we engadged in discussions about this new 'thing'. I started out making fun of pokemon, but now I'm a full fledged fan!

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
  • I became a Pokemon fanatic in the late '90s, maybe 1999 (I think I was about 12)? Anyway it all started with a box of Lunchables of all things. I had a couple commercials for Pokemon, but I didn't think it looked interesting. Yet something started in side of me that came out when I saw about 20 little cutout cards of different Pokemon on a Lunchable box. I became very interested and excited about this new thing. My brother and I would just sit in our room and sort them out and admire the unique characters. Very soon after, I saw the anime for the first time. Ironicly, it was the very first episode, and after that I was obsessed. It must have been when Kids WB just started airing the show since they were showing them all in order from ep one and on. After I saw it, I knew what I wanted to do. So I went out to Toys R' Us and bought my first ever Pokemon item: a plush Pikachu in sitting pose, maybe 10" tall. It stills sits on my shelf. So every Saturday when the anime would air I'd watch it, and I became more and more interested. I got more and more collectibles, and learned more and more about the Pokemon world, and eventually got the games and cards as well. And the rest is history I guess. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2005
    Pickachu!!!! It's All Because Of Pickachu!!!!

when I was little, I saw a Pickachu on tv and then in stores.
    That's how I became a pokemon fan, because of PICKACHU!!!! :laugh:
    Cause he was everywhere!!!! :D

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    The year was 1998, and I became interested in cards, I ended up having the biggest collection in the school(posibly the town) and then It gradually grew since we just got a computer/internet, and I built my first site/started researching pokemon more in late '98

PS: Pikachu is the devil, i hate him.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • Sounds like most people were first interested in either the show or cards. Myself, I first became interested in fifth grade. I had a reputation in the class as an avid gamer. My friend brought me his Red Version (I had no idea what it was at the time though) and said he was stuck. It was the Elite Four, and I whipped them five ways from Sunday. The game seemed really cool, so I got a Red for Christmas. I was instantly hooked. I didn't start getting interested in the show until about the battle with Koga, before I was too much of an accuracy purist. The card game was actually last, and briefest, in seventh grade. I still love the games, manga and show, to the point where my parents are a bit worried, after I told them recently that I wanted an imported collection of all the movies. They say it's unhealty for someone to be this heavialy into a video game for upwards of five years. But strangely, they don't mind the Legend of Zelda series.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    i bought blue version the week it came out... before all the tv and cards that ruined it. that was back in 5th grade, my friend brian asked me if i was gonna get it and i didn't know what it was... he got it the day it came out, and showed me it, and i went out and bought it that weekend.

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
  • The Adamant Dodger said:
    Sounds like most people were first interested in either the show or cards. Myself, I first became interested in fifth grade. I had a reputation in the class as an avid gamer. My friend brought me his Red Version (I had no idea what it was at the time though) and said he was stuck. It was the Elite Four, and I whipped them five ways from Sunday. The game seemed really cool, so I got a Red for Christmas. I was instantly hooked. I didn't start getting interested in the show until about the battle with Koga, before I was too much of an accuracy purist. The card game was actually last, and briefest, in seventh grade. I still love the games, manga and show, to the point where my parents are a bit worried, after I told them recently that I wanted an imported collection of all the movies. They say it's unhealty for someone to be this heavialy into a video game for upwards of five years. But strangely, they don't mind the Legend of Zelda series.

Weird... my mom loves Pokemon.. although she doesnt really know much about it... she likes all the video games I play and stuff... so thats cool. My dads not really into it but he doesnt care if Im obsessed with something so I'm doing fine kdjnfbjdfgs... although my mom does think I'm crazy wanting like every kind of anime merchandise that never came to america...

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    if i watch a couple epis of a series i get into pretty fast...so i watch pkmn...so...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back