• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just another idea?

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I've come up with a story, but I'm still not sure that anyone will read it. Well, whatever, here goes:

What if... a Pokemon fanfiction took place in a world just like ours? Pokemon didn't exist, and yet that certainly doesn't explain why one ended up dead at the Baron Petrovich's home, now does it? The Baron was once a great surgeon fallen on hard times, and is mocked by his colleagues for telling such outlandish stories.

And, across the world, there is a boy by the name of Lucas, living away his days in a mental hospital. Truly an unfortunate boy, for he suffers from delusions of living in a world with something called "pokemon".

And then... then things start to get weird as the two cross paths, and the definition of the "true" world and the "fake" one becomes evermore unclear.

There, not exactly the most thought out story I've yet made, but I think it'll do.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Definitely an interesting premise, at first, when you mentioned that it would happen in a world like ours, I was like "Uh oh", but what made me more interested was the fact that the Pokemon, or evidence in question, was found dead.

If I had to generalize (I tend to that lots >.> sorry). It's Pokemon meets, matrix, Bourne Trilogy, and His Dark Materials Trilogy (Golden Compass).

rmmstnr

The Seeker
Years
Perhaps with a dash of Stephen King's "The Mist" and General Hospital" thrown in for good measure. This sounds like it could be very promising, and quite lengthy (a very good thing). You've got me interested

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Hmmm... I was aiming more for a combination of Swamp Thing and Sandman.

Anyways, the whole reason the pokemon is found dead is to make the reader, and the characters themselves, question whether any of it really happened at all.

rmmstnr

The Seeker
Years
Actually, I'm not sure what General Hospital is about, but it sounded about right at the time. Either way, the addition of the dead pokemon adds a shot of gritty sobriety into an otherwise fantasy-laden setting. No to mention gets the mind bending a bit rather than the usual acceptance "OK, pokemon live here, people do stuff and magical fairies help to save Arbor day from the Grinch" type of dealie. Err, to wildly paraprase what you already said.

In the end, this sounds like it could really use plenty of suspense throughout the story, or that would be my approach (of course my creative skills are on par with a 1st grader with Elmer's glue and glitter). I hope to hear more about this, good luck, and come what may

Edit: Wait, not Stephen King's "The Mist," "From A Buick 8!" Woo, glad to get that off my chest.

Last edited:
Back