• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell blushed a bit when his girlfriend kissed his cheek,
"Bye." he said smiling as she walked off, he turned to the kid who had approached them, he didn't seem to happy, a little bit upset you might say.
"Well it's nice meeting you Jimmy!" Maxwell said with a smile, "Poison-type class? I believe that's taking place on Battlefield 8." he finished. Maxwell heard Jimmy's stomach growl but he didn't show much interest in it.

Katam looked at Snype, his smile grew bigger and bigger as the Sableye told him more about this glorious holiday. Free candy! That's what really caught Katam's attention. But the scaring also seemed interesting and the Tympole laughed when Snype did his impression of a "generic" way to scare someone.
[Wooooow...] he said with his eyes glittering like the water's surface on a sunny day.

Slackey flinched a little when Snype suddenly turned around and said "Boo!",
[Hey Slackey, he said it was a generic way of scaring people and yet he managed to make you flinch. That says something about you doesn't it?] Quillie taunted,
[What?! Say that to my face again if you dare!] Slackey moved a bit closer to Quillie and raised his claws in front of the Quilava to make himself seem a little threatening.
[Pssh, cut the crap man.] Quillie said, [But if you wanna battle, I'm always up!] he smirked at Slackey, now that he had evolved the Slakoth wouldn't stand a chance.
Then Wilson walked up in between them,
[Could you two stop arguing?] he wondered and looked first at Quillie, then at Slackey.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
"And where's that?" Jimmy replied, even more upset, "Like I said, I'm new here. Could you, like, lead me there, if it's not too much to ask?" He knew he might have sounded rude, but he didn't care. He was starving, he had no money and he was stranded in a place that was totally unknown to him. Anyone in his place would have sounded like he did, or at least I think so. Anyway, his stomach growled again, making him frown.

"Koff...Fiiing..." Smokey said, meaning "Jeez...Chill, man..."

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
"Oh yeah, sorry. The lessons starts soon so I'm not sure if I would make it to mine in time..." Maxwell said, wait what?! That sounded so rude and egoistic, Maxwell couldn't believe that he said it, "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that... What I meant was that there's probably not enough time if I would lead you." he apologized to Jimmy. Wow, what a great way to start off a new aquintence with somebody...

"But maybe my Quilava could guide you?" Maxwell said as he whistled Quillie to his side, the Quilava looked at the Koffing for awhile,
"Quillie, this is Jimmy he needs some help to get to his lesson, its at Battlefield 8, could you take him there?"
[Well sure, but I don't know which way it is.] Quillie said in a calm tone, Maxwell looked at him, he couldn't understand what Quillie said but he sense what Quillie meant by his statement.
"Well, I'm actually not quite sure where it is," Maxwell said with a nervous laugh. "Do you know where it is Mark?" Maxwell turned to Mark with a sort of pleading look in his eyes.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy let out a sigh. "Oh, whatever." he said, a hint of annoyance in his voice. His stomach growled again, and he was about to explode. His right leg started to shake. "D-dammit..." he muttered as he looked up at the ceiling, his face like if he was shouting "What have I done to deserve this?". In fact, that question just echoed inside his head.

His Koffing yawned and looked around the cafeteria. He seemed to be bored and was starting to get a bit hungry. But he wouldn't protest: he knew that if his partner had the money they wouldn't be hungry at the moment. He approached the Quilava.

[Howdy] Smokey said in a sleepy voice tone.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Jonah grimaced at the crap that passed for coffee in the teacher's lounge. He needed to practically drink straight cream just to get the taste out of his mouth, but at least it got him going. He had his lecture ready, inspired by the events of the field trip.

"All right, class, heads up. I know it's early, but if you'll stop talking about the fun you had, we can get started, and then you can get those last few hours of sleep. Anyway, today's lecture is about the Human-Like egg group. First, a review about egg groups in general: It's well known that Pokemon are capable of reproducing with a wide range of monsters other than their own kind. The hows and whys of this behavior...well, we're working on it. What we do know is that certain quirks of body structure and physiology tend to indicate what group a Pokemon belongs to. Today, I will be discussing the human-like group. As the name indicates, these Pokemon look much like us, with an endoskeleton, two legs, forward-bending knees, two bones in the forearm allowing for rotation of the wrist, and in most cases opposable thumbs. I could go on forever, but I think I'll just introduce you to a member of the group. Here are some slides of a Lopunny in its natural habitat." He clicked through a few of them, using his laser pointer to emphasize various features. The last one looked like it was about to deliver one hell of a Jump Kick to the photographer, which he used to emphasize the fact that most of them possessed an affinity for some form of martial arts.

"It's even been suggested that members of this egg group mate with each other in a way you and I might be familiar with, but the body of evidence supporting this theory is all but nonexistent. First off, it is well established that no Pokemon produces viviparous young...that is to say, every one of them lays eggs as opposed to giving live birth. Second, most Pokemon in this egg group lack the hip girth to possess an oviduct of any reasonable dimensions, so it's logical to conclude that they do not fertilize an egg inside their body and then pass it to the outside. Finally, even if they were of appropriate dimensions, babies hatch fully formed, so if the mother were to pass an egg, it would have to be at least as big as the baby form curled up into a ball, which is unlikely at best and at worst positively absurd. Eggs don't grow as the baby does, unlike with our species."

By now, the class was torn between being half asleep and making off-color commentary. This was a good thing for Mr. Lincecum. It meant that he had gotten the attention and the imagination of the latter portion.

"Now for the important part. Human-Like Pokemon are notorious for being largely incompatible with other egg groups, but exceptions do exist, the main overlap being with the Field group which I covered last session. The only other overlaps are Bug, which Volbeat and Illumise possess, and Grass, covered by the Cacnea line. As I said before, Human-Like Pokemon seem to have an affinity for martial arts, so they're a good choice for passing on Fighting-type moves. A Lucario is ideal for this, as not only does it have the Fighting type, it also belongs in the Field group and can learn a wide variety of techniques to pass down. I mention Lucario and not the Chimchar line because the latter are all but gone from the wild."

The main problem with this form of lecture was keeping his pubescent students teetering between attentive and imaginative, a balance he sought to maintain by sprinkling cold, hard facts in with the salacious material. Nevertheless, it was a challenge Jonah felt he was up to.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark chuckled a bit when Max mentioned he didn't know where the class was. It was a good thing maps were available around the school. Checking his schedule again, he looked for the room number and decided to follow from there.

"Yeah I think I might be able to figure out where the room is supposed to be. Some guy called Burgh is our teacher or something. Guess he's pretty important. Alot of the teachers here are gym leaders or part of the elite four If your finished eating we can head on out." Mark said.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
"BURGH?!" Maxwell exclaimed, "He is one the biggest Bug-type trainers in the world! And he's a teacher at this school?! That's so freaking awesome!" his eyes started sparkling at the thought that one of his idols were at THIS school. Wilson walked up to Maxwell and tugged his leg, snapping his trainer out of his daydream.
"Oh, yeah!" Maxwell walked up to Mark and looked at the map, "Battlefield 8, there it is! Come and look at this Jimmy!" he said waving Jimmy over to his side.

[Hello.] Quillie said in a cold voice, he remembered when we was a young Cyndaquil and him and Maxwell explored the Burnt Tower once. They met a gang of hostile Koffings who injured Quillie quite a bit, so he didn't really like the speices, but he decided to atleast try to be friendly.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Dead Forest

As Vince made his way through the forest towards the "dead forest" section he'd notice the trees abruptly becoming... dead as he walked along. It was named the "dead forest" for a reason. All the trees were dead. It was the main visual way you could tell it from the rest of the forest. The next thing he'd notice was this strange, supernatural feeling of dread manifesting in his gut. It didn't matter how brave you were. That feeling of dread was just /there/. How you dealt with it primarily depended on bravery though. Several ghosts floated around among the dead trees, ironically minding their own business. They seemed pretty content to be there. If he decided to stay, he'd notice after a bit that shadowy silhouettes would start moving at the edge of his vision. They were always just out of sight, and if he moves his eyes or head to look, there would be nothing there. No matter how fast he looked they always remained just out of sight. This place had a pretty dark aura. Vince's deino might be able to tell where the aura is coming from due io it's affinity for aura.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
Gen Valdrauth Esis

Gen picked up the pokeball and exited the power plant."Congarts Joltik, you won your first battle here!" praised Gen,"Now let's go train elsewhere, actually and not battle." said Gen to his pokemon.

Some peace and quiet at last! been some time since I had a bit of those." exclaimed CupCream as she sighed in relief.

Gen walked into a forest nearby and ventured in. He saw it as a pretty little place to train, what with the shades of trees everywhere and all the pokemon running or flying around. He went to a little secluded spot where he let all of his pokemon out, save for the new guy."Ok, we're going to have a little sparring between ourselves. Fight however you want, I won't stop you unless your opponent has fainted, and oh by the way, this will be a three way battle, no friends, just foes. Now start!"

"You're all goin' down!" yelled Shock in an arrogant tone.
Shock shot a concentrated blast of Electroweb while hopping around. Darrumel was aimed for this and used his Razor Shell to slice the web in two.
"Humph, just a starting attack, no surprise." CupCream started moving around and used her Double team to confuse the other two. In the confusion, she used Icicle Spear and shot sharp icy spears at Shock and Darrumel."Yeah, as if that would hit me!"Darrumel chuckled. He dodged the spears easily, but Shock didn't have to move, he had caught on to where the real CupCream was and latched on to her. Shock chuckled and released his Wild Charge at full force. CupCream was hurt badly and Gen withdrew her. Darrumel and Shock were the only ones reamining, so they battled it out harshly. While Darrumel used Hydro Pump, Shock replied with a Cross Poison and both were injured, but Gen decided to end it due to Darrumel's poisoning.
But just after Gen put Darrumel back into his pokeball, two Yanma stached it and flew away. "What the?" Gen now ran after the pair of Yanma. " Okay Shock, this little Elekid will be helpin' us out now. From now on call him Hyper 'kay!" yelled Gen to Shocked while running with Hyper besides him and Shock on top of his head. "Well, looks like we're gonna be in one team now, eh?" said Shock
"Oh yeah, I'm gonna KO those Yanma's! and yeah we are going to be in one team, nice to meet you anyway, despite your prowess in battle, when I see you up close you're just a pipsqueak ain't ya?" greeted Hyper.
"Whatever"
They found that the pair of Yanma had already landed and Hyper took first action with a Thunderpunch to one of the Yanma, followed up by a Thunderbolt. Shock didn't want to wait and charged in head first using his Wild Charge. The two Yanma had no means of defense against these attacks and countered with a Sonicboom combo. Despite their best efforts, the attacks had little effect on Hyper and Shock, while the electric attacks from the two had already injured the pair of Yanma quite badly.
Knowing they had no means of fighting on the ground, they took to the skies and fired a dual Signal Beam at Hyper and Shock. Hyper charged up his arms by spinning them like a windmill, not even caring for the Signal Beam that hit him. Shock was out of the Yanma's sight while spinning his Electroweb to ensure the Yanma couldn't escape. Hyper had finished charging and unleashed a devastating Thunderpunch, the force sent them flying towards the web Shock had formed and mad sure they had knocked out the Yanma before grabbing Darrumel's pokeball back and putting it inside his pocket.
"Quite the punch there plughead. Considering you were injured, that was an impressive shot you delivered." praised Shock " For once I thought I could just rest and sleep, but nooooo, Darrumel's pokeball had to get stolen by some Yanma." whined CupCream Gen walked out of the forest and into his room for a half an hour nap with his newly gained pokemon and his original three.

Vendra Gerrard

Ven let his new Zorua baby sit on top of his head. Veera had a soft spot for babies and offered to look after her. But the Zorua liked it on top of Ven's head, he thought it was all fluffy and like a bed.
"Me wants some crackers, or some fishy fishes. But me no wants a sour berry, nope, me only wants fishy or crackers, yups only those." complained the baby Zorua, he wanted to eat, but only fun stuff, no boring food.
"Good grief, that baby sure is needy. Not to mention picky." Ven sighed and gave the baby Zorua some crackers from his pocketed meal. He wanted to eat some fish and, unknown to him, his Zorua wanted some to.
"Alright gang, we're going to the beach!" shouted Ven excitedly.
"Yay! Fishy! Me likes fishy!" said the baby Cheerfully. Zorua tucked herself into sleep until they reached the beach. Ven had Veera and Falco hunt fishes and other seafood until they had ten fish and twenty clams. Ven boiled the clams and roasted the fish, they had a little picnic while Zemrath was cutting the fish up to smaller portions. A short while after that, they finished eating the seafood plate. "Me wants more, but there no more..... Huaaaaaaaaaaa! Wait there one more there me get it!" exclaimed the baby Zorua. Suddenly, a Buizel took the last fish and ran of. Baby Zorua didn't like that, her fish is her's, and her's alone. "Uaaaaaaa! Bad weasel! me wants that fishy!"Cried Zorua as she ran to chasee the buizel. BY the time she caught up to the Buizel, it had already finished of the fish. "Hey Zorua come back here! We can just catch another fish!" shouted Gen. But Zorua didn't care, nobody steals her fish and gets away with it. She unleashed a pulse of darkness at the Buizel which angered it. The Buizel retaliated with an Aqua Jet attack which sent baby Zorua flying away to a nearby tree. Zorua was twice as angry now, she used Agility and sped around the beach while using her Night Daze attack. Buizel was damaged well and good by that attack and countered with a Water Gun. Zorua shot a Shadow Ball that prevailed over the Water Gun easily. Buizel flinched, Zorua showed no mercy and struck like black lightning with yet another Night Daze. She calmed her mind and finished the battle with another Shadow Ball, prevailing over the Buizel.
"Never ever steal my fishy!" stated Zorua proudly.
"My my, you're a pretty hyped up baby! I know! I'll name you Snacks!" said Ven as they headed back to the Entei dorm to study a bit more.

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante

Dante finished up his breakfast and recalled his pokemon back into their pokeballs once they were done with their breakfast. After that was done, Dante rushed off to class. Once there, Dante opened the door to the classroom which said "Flying-type Specialization" on the door. As soon as Dante entered the room, Dante noticed that the teacher was none other than his aunt.

"Hello and please take a seat", Winona said as Dante entered the classroom. "Welcome to Flying-type Specialization class."

Dante went to an empty seat that was around the middle of the classroom. As soon as Dante got to his seat, Dante got out a notebook and a pencil and placed them on his desk.

"My name is Winona of the Fortree City Gym and I am going to teach you all about the wonders of Flying-type pokemon", Winona said to the class. "Flying-type pokemon are some of the most common pokemon that you will see on this island. Can someone tell me what are Flying-type pokemon strong against?"

"Flying-type pokemon are strong against Fighting, Grass, and Bug type pokemon", Dante said answering the question with his hand raised.

"Very good", Winona said. "Though Flying-type pokemon may seem strong. But, they are weak to Electric, Rock, and Ice type attacks. Okay, now for the rest of the class I'm going to give you a handout and I want you to identify the Flying-type pokemon on the sheet."

"Once your done with sheet, you can hand it in and go", Winona said as she started to handout the sheets to the class.

The rest of the class started working on the handout and not long after Dante finished the handout. He was not the first one to finish the handout, but he was not the last one to be done. Dante soon left the classroom and headed back to the dorm, but he was stopped on the way back.

"Hey Dante", the familiar voice said. "Wait up for a second."

It was his aunt that stopped Dante. She just came out of the class that Dante was in.

"Whats up", Dante said to his aunt.

"Here are some pokeballs for you Dante", Winona said to Dante. "I'd figure that you might need them to catch some new pokemon."

"Oh okay thanks", Dante said accepting the pokeballs from his aunt.

After accepting the pokeballs, Dante continued toward the dorm. He was trying to decide on what to do next.

So what should I do next? Dante thought to himself. Oh, I know what I should do, I should go explore the rest of the island.

As soon as Dante figured out what to do, Dante headed off toward the mountain.

cutiecasie

The Kanto girl with attitude!
Years
Hiii! It says on the OC thread that there's some spots avalible so i'm gonna sign up!

Name: Maya Ashford
Nickname:
Dorm: Entei Dorm
Apperance:She is a brunette with long hair, blue eyes, a small button nose, quite thin, love the colours pink,purple and blue, has pink glasses (only when reading), Normally wears a pink and purple striped top with jeans.
Personality: When she's around new people she can be quite shy but when with people she knows she's a different person. Quite bubbly and always in a cheery disposition. She's very loving to her Pokemon and very protective of them. She like's pokemon mythology and history alot. Very good at battling but terrible at written exams (normally flunks them).
History: She was born in Saffron City, her big brother Tommy left her when she was 3 to become a pokemon master so she always looked up to him but he vanished somewhere in Unova so she wants to unravel the mystery of his disappearance. She always loved to play with the neighbour's pokemon she especially loved their Growlithe as she was always round on the weekends to see it. So with that she decided to get a Growlithe first.

Pokemon:

1: Growlithe
Nickname: Growlie-Chan
Personality: He is very protective and caring for Maya as she found him injured on route 7 so for that he is forever in debt to her.
Lv:16
Moves: Flamethrower(TM), Roar, Bite, Dig (TM), Ember, Thief

2: Totodile
Nickname: Toto-Chan
Personality: He is quite hyper but always behaves for Maya. Given to her by her great grandad before he passed away.
Lv:13
Moves: Water Gun, Water Pulse (TM), Hidden Power (TM), Rage, Aqua Jet(Egg), Ice Punch(Egg)

3: Ralts
Nickname: Sakura-Chan
Personality: A bit like Maya, very shy to strangers but when she gets angry or harmed she becomes very strong. Maya fount her abandoned in Saffron
Lv:15
Moves: Confusion, Double Team, Calm Mind (TM), Shock Wave (TM), Confuse Ray (Egg), Psychic (TM)

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"WHAT!? That's ridiculous." Isaac shouted.

He had gone down to the cafeteria to get breakfast and after finishing he found a discarded flyer about today's classes. Type specialization. The idea was absurd to Isaac. Variety was what his pokemon so strong. Of course Isaac being Isaac took way too long trying to decide on a class after he finished complaining about the day and was left sprinting for fire specialization.

"For once in my life can I please no get lost." Isaac prayed trying to traverse the academy.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Selene
"Oh...right..." said Sel in what sounded an almost dazed tone as she watched Valorie move to sit up, twitching forward as though she were about to pull the girl back down to her side, before her face sort of twisted and she slowly brought her arm back in. Seeing as the first words they had spoken to each other that morning were through sleep-deprived mouths, she wasn't sure how Valorie was feeling about everything from last night. Although, deciding to try using her logical brain for once, Sel looked at the evidence in front of her:

1. Valorie had stayed through to the morning. Whether this was because she'd just passed out and couldn't be bothered getting herself up to leave - she had slept later than Sel after all, although this was only thanks to a certain annoying Raichu - or because she /wanted/ to was a different matter.

2. Valorie seemed...chilled in her presence. That could well be the 'first-thing-in-the-morning-half-asleep-state' but Sel decided to see it as a positive nonetheless - surely if Valorie had been freaking out to the max on waking up that morning, she'd have been out of there faster than a Charmander confronted with the deep-end of a swimming pool.

So Sel waited until Valorie had sat up and sent a somewhat nervous smile in her direction, unfolding her legs out and standing up, stretching with a loud yawn. She scratched her arm and looked around, watching as Ryan settled himself in Selene's place on her bed, lounging out with his tail sprawled practically the full length of the bed. She raised an eyebrow and made a 'tsk' noise, secretly happy for the distraction. But, she couldn't avoid the obvious forever...seeing as Valorie had come to her last night, she figured that in egalitarian fashion it was only fair for her, Sel, to instigate this next conversation. She didn't intend for it to be as heavy as last night had been - as far as she was concerned the air had been cleared and both parties knew where they stood, as much as they could given the circumstances. But she would let Valorie take this at her own pace, given how Sel had ruled herself out of any intimate involvement in a de facto sense.

"Sleep well?" were the two words her brain chose to begin the conversation. If Valorie was plugged into herself now and had shook off the sleepiness, she may pick up on the more intense tone that Selene had asked this question in as she opened up her wardrobe doors and began to push hangers down the rail, deciding what to wear. She wasn't simply enquiring as to her Friend's quality of sleep after all...

Brogan
Watching as Calnith moved over to her, Brogan continued to sip her latte even as he sat across from her and began to speak. She said nothing. Her eyes fixed on him, cup raised to her lips even though it wasn't really obvious whether or not she was actually drinking anything or merely using the cup to hide the small smirk that had curled the corner of her mouth.

After a while, she placed the cup down in front of her slowly, eyes following the movement and slowly dragging back up to look at Calnith.

"Good Morning," she answered in a pleasant, friendly tone that seemed almost formal. "Oh you know, the usual, deception and manipulation, the very things that make the world go round," she sighed and raised an eyebrow, signalling that she did not care at all for what she were about to say next. "I suppose I should go to this type specialisation class. Which is preposterous if you ask me, but it isn't my place to say...yet...and who knows," she laughed to herself and sighed, "it may even prove useful...in a respect....any respect...yourself?" Her fingers traced the handle of her coffee cup and she glanced up at Calnith from under her lashes. From the outside view, one might think that she was /flirting/ with the boy, but of course not. This was Brogan Houghton-Taylor. She didn't /do/ flirting.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Vincent Xackford Luna

Man was this place giving Vince the creeps, despite his anger the forest was still giving him the chills. He watched as things around him started to move. The Zorua on his shoulder started to shake as he could see things start to move also.

<Vince.....let's get out of here> The Zorua muttered feeling terrified. Vince only made a hmph noise and kept walking. It wasn't long until his Deino popped out of his pokeball with no command.

Vince was about to yell at Dyno but it seemed the little dragon-type was scared also. Dyno then swallowed his fear and started growling at something. Vince looked in the direction of where the Deino was growling but didn't see anything.

"What is it?" Vince asked his voice sounding of fear. Dyno looked back to Vince and snickered his trainer's fear was amusing. He then took in a deep breath and let out a powerful screech attack hoping to draw out whatever was bothering him. Vince grabbed hold of Terra's and Blitz's pokeballs just in case things got heated.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Xavier

Xavier groggily opened his eyes to see the roof of his room he looked down at his poketch and his bloodshot eyes burst open, he was going to be late.

He half fell half jumped out of bed and grabbed his pokeballs, he tossed off his red and black casual wear and changed into a pair of black jeans, a blue belt, black shirt and his Suicune blue dorm jacket. Making sure to not take of his fires spirit pendant by mistake.

He grabbed his pokeballs and ran out the door.

Xavier facepalmed and slumped on the floor on the steps outside Suicune dorm.

In his panic he hadn't read his poketch correctly, he had thought he was going to be an hour late but at this rate he was going to be an hour early.

He got up and decided on what he was going to do. If he remembered correctly, today was the day of type spec classes, Xavier had wanted to catch a bug type for some time now... so he decided that the bug spec class would be best for him.

He had been saving a pokeball in his pocket for just such a pokemon and it currently sat empty in his pocket.

"Well it looks like now is as good a time as any." Xavier said, he frowned tiredly and trudged towards a wild region of the island.

Xavier had walked aimlessly for quite a bit, searching for a bug type pokemon wherever he could find one, however the problem was he couldn't find one.

Eventually he found himself walking towards the old abandoned power plant, it was supposed to be a place housing electric types so Xavier highly doubted he'd find a bug type in there... but he had looked in places with better chances and failed so why not?

Xavier walked a few meters into the power plant and noticed a corridor to his right he was about to head towards it when he saw a plain old spiderweb in his face, mocking him.

"Feh..." Xavier muttered as he swiped away the web.

"OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!" Xaviers scream echoed around the island.

The web was blazing hot as if it was charged with electricity. He kept shaking his hand but the web was really stuck and it kept shcoking him, eventually he managed to throw the web off and began gasping heavily, sweat pouring down his forehead.

Above him a small yellow fuzzball, hanging by a thin web and spinning like a babys toy slowly lowered down towards Xavier. The fuzzball landed on Xaviers head, unfurled to reveal four fuzzy legs and four sparkling little blue eyes.

"Haha... gotcha!" A little voice said.

Xavier froze he raised his hand to his hair and felt small little fuzzy hair, as if held up by static electricity. They weren't his.

It seemed a young Joltik had "got" him.

Xavier always the hero did the most logical thing and began screaming and running around panicking because a small spider with a megawat charge inside it rested on his head.

"Wait mister slow down!" The joltik said grasping Xaviers head tighter with his little pincers.

"Get off my head!" Xavier cried.

"Why?" The joltik said.

"Because you're scaring me!" Xavier shouted.

"How?" The joltik said.

Xavier stopped running.

"Well ummmm... you're ummm...." Xavier murmured.

The Joltik giggled.

"You're funny!" It said.

"I like you!" The Joltik curled up started snuggling up like Xaviers messy brown hair was a mess. Could this pokemon... still be a child?

"Hey little guy... don't get too comfy, you can't stay up there..." Xavier reached up to take the Joltik down.

"No... please..." The Joltik seemed to be talking in his sleep.

"Don't take my Mommy.... Mommy!.... MOMMY!" The Joltik cried in it's sleep, little yellow tears slightly charged from its eyes and slipped down into Xaviers hair, almost making it stand on end.

Xavier lowered his hands.

"*sob* Mommy..." The small little pokemon sobbed.

Xavier was so amazed by this he didn't know what to say... he had never realised that the ability to hear pokemons voices would lead to things like this.

Xavier slowly lowered the pokemon off his head and onto the ground, doing his best not to stir it from it's slumber. He began to leave when he heard a voice behind him.

"W... where are you going?!" The little Joltik sounded worried, it seemed that due to his lack of someone to take care of him, the little Joltik had attached himself to the first thing he thought looked kind... Xavier.

"I... I have to get back to my school..." Xavier murmured.

"But you don't understand mister!... They're going to find me! They want to hurt me like they hurt Mommy." The Joltik was near crying.

"Who, who wants to hurt you?" Xavier said sympatheticaly.

"We do." A man said from the shadows, suddenly a net was shot from the darkness and it wrapped around the joltik, trapping it and knocking it unconcious.

"Who are you?!" Xavier said angrily.

"Whats going on?!"

"Honestly?" A man dressed in black stepped from the shadows.

"I was sent for your necklace, I've been camping out at the power plant here to trap you, however a young Joltik messed up my notes." he looked at the baby Joltik lying unconcious on the ground.

"It's mother tried to defend it when I went to exact my revenge, I however... tokk care of her." The man had a sadistic look on his face.

His amulet? Why would the man want that? Or better yet who had sent this man to take it? Either way the man had come for Xavier and now the Joltiks life was about to be ended like his mothers... Xavier realised it was his responsibility to stop that from happening.

"Now just hand me that amulet of yours and everything will be just fine. You can walk away and you won't have to watch this little pokemon get hurt." The man said, he was dressed in all black, black jeans, shirt and trenchcoat, he had a gruff face and a scar across his right eye, he wore sunglasses with lenses as black as a nightmare.

Xavier gulped but he didn't back down, the fires spirit was fueling him and the man noticed this and smiled.

Xavier walked in front of the Joltik who had pulled himself back to the edge of conciousness.

"No." Xavier said defensively.

"I love it when they resist." The man said to himself.

"Golurk! Destroy them both!" The man threw an ultra ball into the air and his massive, hulking, haunted golem stood in an offensive position, he looked ready to rip Xavier in two if he had too.

"Maria!" Xavier cried.

He threw his pokeball and Maria stood defiently against the massive ghost pokemon who was to be her opponent.

Xavier & Maria

Maria growled and dodged as the Man instructed a shadow ball to be fired at Xavier.

Maria responded on Xavier orders with a quick attack to the Golems cracked chest, the bolted leather holding the Golems weakest point began to loosen.

The battle raged on for quite some time, back and forth.

The mans Golurk was a merciless fighter so Xavier had to match that, Xavier instructing Maria to attack the Golems weakest points. However the tide of battle was falling and Xavier knew he was loosing, Xavier knew he'd have to be more inventive, the Golurks leather was extremely loose now and almost falling off.

"Maria!" Xavier cried.

"Whatever it is Xavier be quick, he doesn't understand the rule of battle that states you take turns!" Maria snarled.

"You need to grab on to his chest, the leather!" Josh cried.

Maria immediately understood.

She charged and dodged the Golurks shadow balls and fist strikes. She landed on the leather and tried to rip it off, but she wasn't strong enough, the Golurk knocked her off with a huge mach punch. Maria was barely hanging in there. Josh stumbled backwards in disbelief and fell into the net that held the Joltik, or at least it had held the Joltik, the little bug seemed to have escaped.

The man hadn't noticed this yet and ordered his Golem to attack Xavier head on.

Xavier braced himself for impact when a strang ecto green light covered his face.

The leather Brace sat on the floor, Maria was up again and running towards Xavier however she couldn't reach him in time.

On the Golurks chest, a massive glowing green scar pulsated with a sickening light, the baby joltik sat, his eyes closed on the golems chest.

The last thing Xavier remembered seeing was a flash of electric and green light.

When the light faded, he saw Maria had put herslef back in her pokeball. However one of his other pokeballs the empty one was missing.

He looked around to see the man and Golurk gone. The baby Joltik lay passed out on the floor, his front right fuzzy yellow pincer desperately stretched towards Xaviers pokeball.

It must have fallen out of his pocket when he fell on the net and after the flash of light the Joltik tried to reach for the pokeball to get inside it... but hadn't been able to and had been knocked out by the light.

Xavier felt so guilty for what had happened to the little electric bug and realised that from now on he was his responsibility.

Without another word, Xavier lifted up the pokeball and baby Joltik and left the power plant. Thoughts of the mysterious man running through his mind.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Calnith Sol NeverWind

As Calnith listened to her talk he couldn't help but wonder what kind of angle she was working at. He knew that she wanted to join up because it would prove most beneficial and logical but what was her other reason? When did she plan to stab him in the back.

"Ah type specialization class!" Calnith said completely forgetting about the class. He wasn't sure which type to go with, water? To get to understand KingClaw better? Hmm for one thing the only pokemon he really needed to get some reigns on was Kento.

"For myself I'm probably going to do Poison today!" He said in a laughing manner. As soon as he stopped laughing his face got serious, he leaned in closer to Brogan with a dreadful stare.

"Listen I had a disturbing call the other day on my pokegear some Team Rocket members went to my house and probably abducted my parents," He began as he then leaned back into his chair. "With all your power and connections you can get my parents back A-ok right?" He asked with a big grin on his face. He was testing how much she could really do.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Brogan
As Calnith told Brogan about his parents, her eyebrow raised slowly. He was saying this with a massive grin on his face...why?? 'All your power and connections' seemed to indicate that he was skeptical about what she could actually pull off or he was mocking her. Either way, she didn't like being underestimated and she didn't like being mocked. She shrugged lightly and drained the last bit of her latte before speaking.

"Oh Darling, you are /way/ behind on the times. You may wish to call your parents, because as we speak, they are being tended to in the medical wing of HoTa Corp, I /meant/ to tell you. Must have completely slipped my mind..." she examined her nails innocently - damn, a chip in one on her right hand - before looking back at Calnith. "Of course I knew about your little problem. Do you think that we have no tabs on Team Rocket? On the contrary. We have many connections within Team Rocket itself, so it was no matter getting your parents released. They didn't suffer any major injuries, just a few cuts and bruises where Taylor's heavies had gotten a bit too trigger-happy with them, but otherwise they're fine." She smiled genuinely at him and reached her hand out across the table, almost in a gesture of comfort.

"I told you. We're allies now, we're in a partnership, and partners do whatever is necessary to make sure that both parties can act to their most efficient and effective abilities. I have big plans for you, Mr NeverWind, I couldn't have you all worried about your parents could I!"

And she was telling the truth. Whilst Calnith was in her dressing room the previous night at the dance, Brogan had sent Nick to speak to her Father, who had gotten in touch with Alex, her PI, on Brogan's behalf to make sure the story checked out. It did. Mr Houghton-Taylor then had sent word to his senior contacts within Team Rocket and had held a brief conference call with them after the students had all been herded out of HoTa Corp and back to the Academy. After explaining the severity of the situation - and warning them that any acts he deemed were outside the remit agreed on completion of several top secret contracts between the two would render them null with immediate effect, with no possibility of them getting similar contracts with suppliers without the cover of HoTa Corp - they had gladly agreed to call Taylor to account for his actions and had Calnith's parents sent to Mr Houghton-Taylor that very night.

This time, Brogan settled back in her own chair, arms folded across her ribs as she smiled at Calnith. "I could set up a video chat with them if you would like to see for yourself...although..." she hesitated for just the correct amount of time, looking to Calnith with a somewhat anxious expression. "If there was any...message that you wanted relaying to your parents...with a bit more clout than a video chat I'm sure that could be arranged. This may be the perfect opportunity for you to change their attitudes towards you...should they think that /you/ organised for their release..." she shrugged to herself. "I heard what you said to Vince, that's all. I figured it might be helpful...but if not..."

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark was apparently right. Burgh was a big deal to some people. Maxwell admired the guy it seemed. It was a darn good reminded that Mark would have to study on other regions a bit more. He knew quite a bit about Kanto and Johto but not about any of the other regions around. There was a whole world to explore. Mark's Pokemon had finished eatting and moved over to join with him.

"Alright guys, Back to your balls. Don't want too big of a crowd on the way there. Able, I'll keep you out for the class. I figured you'd wanna pay attention." Mark said. He returned all of his pokemon accept for Snype and Able.

"Well I think I'm gonna head off to class. We got time so I'm in no hurry. Wanna tag along?" Mark asked.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy walked over to Maxwell, his stomach still growling and upsetting him. "Wh-what is it? Wh-where i-is the place?" he asked loudly, as he started to look slightly more pale. Something that sounded like "Uugggghhhh..." then came out of his mouth involuntarily, and he was starting to feel dizzy.

"Stupid...stomach...and stupid...mom...who gave me...no money...to pay...for...food..." the boy said to himself, his face showing some pain he was feeling.

[So...What's up?] Smokey said to the Quilava, seeming to be less sleepy.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Valorie Ryder

Valorie looked over at Selene curiously, noticing the smile, and watched as she stood up. For a moment she just sort of looked up at Selene as if expecting something before joining Selene in standing. She stretched her arms briefly and yawned. It appeared she was having trouble waking up. Little known to some, but yawning was actual a minor effort of the body to wake itself up. Though, why it was contagious was anyone's guess. Regardless, after she yawned she turned to Selene and smiled brightly at her. She actually seemed pretty cheery, all things considered. When Selene asked her how she slept a light blush appeared on her cheeks, though her smile did not fade. That wasn't embarrassment. When she spoke she reached up to brush some of her golden hair away from her eyes. It really did tend to wind up there without her beanie to hold it in place.

"Yeah... It was really nice, Selene. I mean... I really appreciated it."

For once, Valorie seemed to understand the subtleties going on, and the way she had phrased that was more or less clearly responding to how they'd slept cuddled up together. Valorie was trying to show at least some tact for Selene's personal struggles. I mean really. What if she had responded with a boatload of eagerness? It would've been a bit creepy, or at least she thought so. Yet, she /was/ happy about it. Sure, she still had an unhealthy sleep schedule and sleep had been a bit difficult on her physically. Yet, she felt emotionally healthier after that. She didn't really know how to explain it. It all of a sudden occurred to her that she would have to introduce Selene to her parents sometime if they actually got serious. Woah. That was a weird thought. Selene didn't even know about her home life, though it was probably relevant to how affectionate she could be at times. Valorie still remembered the fist time she had had a sleepover with Selene, and how she had still been angsting petty hard about having left her parents to come here. She had broken down a bit and reached out for Selene as a friend for one simple thing, a hug, a basic form of comfort she had quickly come to miss. It was then that Valorie became self aware of exactly how important Selene had become to her. It was kind of scary, being dependent on someone other than her parents. Yet, she found she wanted it anyway. She decided to return the question, hoping get an opinion from her friend on the matter of cuddling. Goodness knew it was death by adorable at worst.

"How about you..?"

And the tables were turned. Valorie wanted to know how Selene felt about what had happened. At this point her arms had dropped again and she had cupped her hand in front of her to keep her hands busy. She was now more or less wide awake and ready to use all this energy. Though, that could wait a bit longer. She had someone important to talk to.

Back