• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
The Emerald thing is a tricky issue. I think it would be fair to accept any RE or hatched shinies, and at least the first SRed one. If you do manage to get a shiny frame, you'd have to time it perfectly to get another. I don't want to be discounting people's old Emerald shinies, and you'd have to know your secret ID to get them at the beginning. I don't have a problem with people making an SR, waiting 1 second, making another SR, waiting 2 seconds, etc. Now if they do get the shiny and write down how many seconds they waited after the SR and use that to get all the Emerald encounterables, we'll change the rule then. Right now, all Emerald shinies count, but we can talk about it if you want to discount SRed shinies after 2 or 3; that's open for discussion. The evil tyrannical dictator is afflicted by the curse, so we might have a little more freedom for a while.

Years
Thing is, getting a save file with an early frame is about as hard as getting a shiny in the first place. With an early frame, they're legit shinies, but effectively "clones" of one another. The first SRed shiny should be okay to count, but not subsequent ones from the same save file. Hatched and RE shinies of course will count as usual, provided they aren't also from early frames. This should be pretty hard to do accidentally, so you should be safe unless you're intentionally abusing it.

Weber: This means your Rayquaza is fine. I'm wondering, though--why do you want another one if you still have the original?

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
im only trying to get another rayquaza so i can get one with a better nature hopefully other then that no real reason to in my eyes... well besides the fact that it looks pretty sweet as well.

also 30 more numels and no luck yet, up to 1240 and no luck, only 7000 more before i definatly should have one :( (acutally i guess its less then that becuase of the whole MM)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I thought eggs on Emerald use a completely different RNG on Emerald, thus they can be hunted any which way the hunter desires. But I suppose I was wrong.

Anyway, as usual, the main reason for my post is a new shiny! And this time, it's somewhat unique:

Spoiler:

Here's the video, too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFcjM2Aa6Wg

Years
Egg IVs are totally different. It's never been disproven to me that Emerald creates PVs in the usual way, or uses the Synchronize method for Everstone, so I treat this as being true.

G-Money

Years
Congrats on the Farfetch'd, Fufu! That is a rare shiny; you don't see too many people with one! You're outpacing me, though... >.>

*still happy with getting 5 shinies in a year*

The first SRed shiny should be okay to count, but not subsequent ones from the same save file. Hatched and RE shinies of course will count as usual, provided they aren't also from early frames. This should be pretty hard to do accidentally, so you should be safe unless you're intentionally abusing it.

This sounds good! This is the new rule, unless Landorus decides to change it. All shinies up until now are fine (no ex post facto!), but from here on, we'll only count 1 SRed shiny per Emerald file.

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Farfetch'd, FuFu! You've been really lucky lately.

I haven't hatched eggs for the last couple of days. I decided to cross Bagon off my list of future hunts. So besides Litwick and Magnemite I'll be hatching for Archen, Cranidos, Sandile and Axew. I have to catch Jolly nature versions of Sandile and Axew first before I get to them.

Last edited:

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
congrats on the shiny farfetch'd, i love mine and i only took me 7 eggs.

im going for a shiny numel on my soul silver, and im also thinking of going for axew as well this weekend. lets see how this ends up.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Awesome! You're going for Beldum, right? Good luck! ;)

Could you please list the shinies that you caught yourself, or that a friend you trust in real life traded to you? We'll add them to our shiny Pokedex if you want. :)

K ended up getting my beldum on GTSN in the middle of my mussading when i decided to take a break -.-' anyone want 317 beldum. heres a list of my shiny pokemon i caught Pidgeotto, and Breloom. thats about it. I have more but those are the one i caught and i dont trust my friends with trades cause they all hackers.

Years
Yeah, my third badge quest shiny appeared! =D And it's Shiny Caterpie, I prefered a Weedle/Kakuna/Pikachu, 'cause I already have Shiny Metapod, but I really like the gold color of Caterpie, so I'm happy with it ^^ I'm going futher with Chimchar, I really want it and it's taking really long now, about 6830 SR's. >_> Here below the link to my vid and some pics:

Spoiler:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Caterpie, Metal Electric!

Congrats on the shiny Emolga, Evil Sonic!

I'm now up to 108 Magnemites. I've hatched about 1,700 Pokémon using the Masuda Method so far.

Years
Can I join? Anyway... I have never gotten a shiny other then from trades or events... But I am trying to Masuda a Cubchoo right now :D
Unless the Red Gyrados from HG/SS counts....

G-Money

Years
Can I join? Anyway... I have never gotten a shiny other then from trades or events... But I am trying to Masuda a Cubchoo right now :D
Unless the Red Gyrados from HG/SS counts....

Welcome to the club!! Good luck on that Cubchoo!

Congrats on the shinies, Metal Electric and Evil Sonic!

Congrats on the Pidgeotto and Breloom, hiff8! Landorus will add them to the ShinyDex if he ever returns.

The Gr8 is back from the VGCs, where he was representing the SHC, battling with a shiny Pokemon on his team! Here's his story of his heroic battle, fighting on behalf of the SHC:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Hey i got a shiny cyndaquil 2 days ago!! really amazing it was on my birthday 2!!

haha, you should also post that you'd like to join xD Is it so difficult? lol, you can't do anything can't you :p

ok that was off-topic, it was just a dude on MSN who I tried to let join but he doesn't like it. I'm now hunting Taillow and Manaphy, I've done 700 eggs for taillow and about 10 for Manaphy. ( i have 5 manaphy eggs)

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Welcome to the club!! Good luck on that Cubchoo!

Congrats on the shinies, Metal Electric and Evil Sonic!

Congrats on the Pidgeotto and Breloom, hiff8! Landorus will add them to the ShinyDex if he ever returns.

The Gr8 is back from the VGCs, where he was representing the SHC, battling with a shiny Pokemon on his team! Here's his story of his heroic battle, fighting on behalf of the SHC:

Thank you G-Money, it was an honor reppin the club, my state, and everything.
So before I start, I should say what the VGC's are. Well they are the Video Game Championships that are held regionally throughout the US,Europe, and Japan by Nintendo. With the US having a National Tournament (Top 16 Regionals). and the Worlds which is self explanatory. Battles are 2v2 and this was Unova pokemon only. Here is my story :)

Note: The usernames I mention are people from smogon just so it doesn't cause some confusion. So they are just all smogoners.
-------------------------------------------------------

As the title says, I competed in the regional tournament in Newark, New Jersey. I knew about the tourney about 2 months ago, so I got to work on researching for my team. So after some trial and error and some big time help from iambaney, who was my "coach" through this process helped a lot. So this is the team I went with, feeling pretty confident, with some last minute changes.

First off before I start this whole thing, I would like to say thank you to the following people for helping me in this process.

iambaney: my coach, mentor and who really helped me out when I needed it. He helped me finalize me team, and really had some great suggestions for me. Even though I didn't get an invite to nationals, I still made Top 64 out on r4 and I couldn't have done it without your help. Those changes we made came up big for me by the way :D so I must say thank you. :)

Andrea: Thank you for the Tornadus, it fit my team better than the Thundurus I had and it helped me out. So thank you! :)

JRank: For your scraggy, even though I changed natures last minute, I had yours ready to go, and I appreciate your help very much. :)

Team
Spoiler:

Well the story starts off the night before the tournament, I pick up my friend Rhyder, who also went to the tourney and got out on the fourth round. We hung out, battled, and I finished some last minute adjustments to my team, staying up till about 3:45 in the morning. We left my house here in Connecticut at 6:30 and we were on our way. Mind you we had to go through broadway >__< fail. We arrived at the exposition center at around 10:45 where we talked to the people behind us before letting us in. So we get into the exposition center, and stand in the line for the Masters. We are pretty much the only two people around us not playing their DS's or last minute training. They hand out the cards we are 254 and 255 so I got Sceptile and he was Torchic which is weird because those were our starters in our first Hoenn games.

333.jpg

After the senior finals and waiting for about 2 hours, the line starts to move for registration. Apon registering I introduced myself to Andrea, because she had just registered and I wanted to say thank you lol. So anyway Rhyder and I get registered and we go to our respective tables.

I am the player in the dark blue shirt, and the red and white hat, I think I say this twice but it's to clarify :P

Round 1 vs Mandell A.

He was chill to talk to since we had to wait till the registration was over lol and it was a pretty good time for my first battle. I wasn't sure to to expect with his Chand or His Landorus for that matter, so I took it how I felt he would run it, and it seemed to be right.

His team: Chandelure-Terrakion-Landorus-??
Mine:Terrakion-Scrafty-Hydreigon-Amoonguss

056-1.jpg

I am having a problem remembering this match, because it was the first of the day, and I was quite nervous and excited at the same time. So I really honestly can't remember this match at all, just that having Ice Punch on Scrafty 2hko'd his Landorus and that Hydreigon OHKO'd his Chandelure which for sure I thought would be sashed. I think I won 2-0. So after watching him get his bracelet cut, we shook hands and he wished me good luck in the tournament. I go to Area 2, not as nervous and with some confidence.

Round 2 vs Juan G.

This guy was pretty cool too, I wasn't sure what to expect from his team from the preview so I just did what I felt comfortable with. He also told me he has always lost in the second round, so I was like oh :/ I had no idea what to say there. I also talked to TTS for a little bit who sat next to me, and we also got next to each other in round 4.

His Team:Amoonguss-Terrakion-Hydreigon-Meinshao
Mine: Tornadus-Amoognuss-Terrakion-Hydreigon

061.jpg

You can see the battle here.

It was like a spore match for the beginning of the game, and Hydreigon survived a drain punch :P

I won 1-0 since Hydre died from LO

Round 3 vs HMS

Anyone that was there knows this one well if you heard it from me this guy was just wow. So at first we set up and I guess he didnt confirm his team so he had different guys sent out, and he was like lets just start. I was like okay? So I start Fake out his Musharna, and OHKO his Krookodile and He kinda calls over Marriland, and asks him to restart. So he lets us so then he says that I can choose one of his pokes to send out first and he has to send it out, so I pick Krookodile.

His: Whims-Krookodile-Elektross-Terrakion
Mine:Terrakion-Scrafty-Hydreigon-Tornadus

067.jpg

After all the stuff, I forgot his first lead besides Krook and my last which really doesn't matter. So anyway, he protects with krook, i go for the CC like being stupid, and I fake out his Whims,I am leaning more towards Whimsi anyway. So Next round, I go for the CC on Krook, and OHKO it and this is where I forget what happens until the ending. My reasoning of forgetting it all is because my opponent had 3 freak outs all match, and many people heard it and looked at him, people can vouch. Anyway so he has his Elektross at medium yellow health and a Terrakion with 1 HP from sash. I have Terrakion with 1 HP and Hydreigon in low yellow or something like that the first poke doesn't matter anyway. So he goes for the reason of not dying I protect with Hydreigon, and he uses discharge, and he FREAKS out saying I AM SOOO STUPID OMG, etc. he kills his own Terrakion and mine, but my Hydreigon is protected, and I Dragon Pulse for the win. I honestly lol'd at the discharge. So I say good game and he turned his DS off and it froze the game, I got the win on the card but not on my digi ID but that's okay. So I made it to the Top 64 players, being in the fourth round alone was great!

Round 4 vs Mark S

His:Tornadus-Thundurus-Landorus-Terrakion
Mine:Terrakion-Scrafty-Hydreigon-Tornadus.

070.jpg

I am going to make this shorter, but I took out Landorus and Tornadus, and had my Hydreigon left, and both his pokes were low health. It was a good game, but I wish I had chosen a bit better for this team. I know it was a close match anyway that lasted almost 11 minutes or so? But this would be where my wrist band gets cut and yeah :/ so I make Top 64, which is better than I ever thought. But even then so it was a great battle :)

Here is my card!

Spoiler:

We both made Top 64 players out of about 600+ in the Masters Division in our first VGC Tournament.

I meet up with Rhyder, go get my bag that I left at the Second Area with a Second DS in the bag, luckily I asked Marriland to look for it also and it was at the info booth :) >___< I was too happy and pumped, which also resulted my fuzzy memory of the matches.

Then we walk around, take pictures with the pokes and inflatables. I talked to Cybertron,iss,hitmonrocker mainly for a little while and explain what happened in the 3rd round and my loss also. I also got to meet Ditto,Jabba,Tyler, Bluecookies (Who is the reigning world champion), it's hard to keep track of all of the smogoners I met today, which was pretty cool! :D then watched the finals, that was a great battle IPS and Wolf.

Now some pictures with the pokemon! I am the one with the red and white hat.

Spoiler:

Props
:

• Meeting a lot of smogoners, it was cool to talk and hang out a bit with you guys!
  • Made it further than I thought
  • Top 64. not too shabby.
  • Pictures with Pokemon and of my battles!
  • Getting Marrilands autograph :P
Slops:

• Having to drive through broadway. (NEVER again)
  • Rhyder losing to an Imprision Chandelure like I said he would.
  • Screaming opponent in Round 3.
  • My bag getting lost in r2 out of excitement and it had another DS in it, all my chargers. I told Marriland and they found it and was at the info booth, lucky me.

Thank you for reading everyone! :D it was a pleasure to meet all of you that went to Newark. I will be going back next year for sure! :) I honestly had so much fun, no matter how well or bad I would have done, I was going to have fun anyway, so after my loss I just had fun with everyone there and my buddy Rhyder. I hope everyone had a great time at Newark as well. So that is my war story :)

The VGC's are very fun, and I am so glad I went honestly. Using shiny Amoonguss I thought of the club here which was great also! I love that thing lol, it just looks so cool.

But anyway, I have to get back to SRing for Snivy :P

-TheGr8

Last edited:
Years
I'm really lucky this month! Already my 4th shiny in June. This time unfortunately Shiny Chikorita, while I was hunting on Shiny Cyndaquil.
But I will hunt futher on Shiny Cyndaquil and get it! Here below the pics,vid and nature+IV's:

Spoiler:

Chikorita - #152 (Careful)
HP: 10 - 15
Att: 24
Def: 29
SpA: 2 - 7
SpD: 23
Speed: 29

Years
Oh too bad, you just got another of my most wanted shiny of all time! And it has good IVs and a decent nature. Better luck next time.

Who is talking in the background? Sounds like they just got a shiny Cyndaquil.

Years
Oh too bad, you just got another of my most wanted shiny of all time! And it has good IVs and a decent nature. Better luck next time.

Who is talking in the background? Sounds like they just got a shiny Cyndaquil.

I was watching from another shiny hunter a vid when he got a Shiny Cyndaquil and then Shiny Chikorita appeared in my game. x)

Back