• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my first manga art, critique plz...^^

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 9, 2007
    At last i thought i would never been able to draw manga and i did! Now i need help and advice on how i can improve myself on future creations of mine, also some comments plz...i am hoping to draw pokémon soon/one day ^^

I drew mine by using a mechanical pencil, then i went over it with a fine liner, then i scanned it in and i coloured it in by using photoshop...i could of made it much better if i did shadowing and special effects, can anyone please could show me how to do this in PS? i would be grateful if anyone did, i'm not good at tutorials cause i find them confusing X_X; so if anyone can just show me again i would be grateful ^^

here is the link for my art: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48485982/

Also can anyone comment on my art on deviantart and if you like it plz save it as a fav if possible too ^^

强有力

Powerful
    Years
  • Its is good for a first try. But it looks a bit stiff. You need to add some folds in the clothes and bends in the body. Teach yourself that and soon you will be an awesome manga artist.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 9, 2007
    Its is good for a first try. But it looks a bit stiff. You need to add some folds in the clothes and bends in the body. Teach yourself that and soon you will be an awesome manga artist.

how can i do folds in the clothes? i don't think he is 'that' stiff though...i dunno...me an awesome manga artist? lol i dunno about that... ^^; i wished i was though :(

QT Plusle

I'm baaaack! ^^
    Years
  • It's great! My first trys were no-one near as good as that! ^^ You've got your clothes designing down good... my advice would be to just put more shape into the dody, and really bring out the eyes. eyes are what makes art - art ^^

But I'm not the best example. I love going over the top with my stuff I draw on paint. Just take a look how the hair and the eyes turned out on this picture: http://fanart.theotaku.com/view.php?id=173870

My best advice is, start with tracing. Then gradually go on to freehand, studying every detail of the picture you use as an example. Then move on to doing it on your own! ^.^ But you have great potential! Your art rox! ^^ *squee~!

Back