• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When your able to move away, are you moving far away from your parents?

When your old enough, are you moving far away from your parents?

• Yes, I want more independence

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Kinda, but I want to stay close.

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • No im a mommy's boy/girl.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
Years
Last year, grade nine, I had issues with my parents, mainly cause of boys. But this year, especially now, I get along with them great.. We're tight. I'm going to go somewhere pretty far away for university, but not cause I hate my parents or anything.

i'm a bubble. pop me.

What words would satisfy you?
Years
I'm in college now but it's not far from my home so i'm still living with my family that i love a lot. I wouldn't want it any other way at this moment^^ I don't know where i'll live when i do move out... i wouldn't mind at all if i stayed close to my family and friends and since Slovenia (where i live) is a very small country anyway i belive i'll never be to far from home :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I'll move away, possibly very far; ideally to a mountainside village in Switzerland.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
For me, it's Nan and Pop, since I don't live with my parents. Though I basically want to live with them until they die. :3 (which is a long time away) Then after that I'll have no choice. :D

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I didn't go too far away from home, as it just takes my parents ninety minutes to drive up to my place, XD. My brother's went a lot further thus far, moving out to the other side of the country to be with his girlfriend. And since I'm talking Canada, the 'other side of the country' means quite a bit. =P

I plan to go even further from home in the coming years. I just don't see myself staying in Canada forever, and I'd like to hop over to the other side of the Atlantic and/or the Pacific. ^_^

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
I love my parents, but sometimes I want to have a little space for them so yes.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
Years
I moved about 4 miles from my parents - it takes like, 15 minutes by car to get here from their place. It wasn't a conscious choice to move far away or not, I just moved where my fiancé lived and we're still here.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
Years
I love my parents, but I don't intend to stay with them forever. I want to stay nearby so that I can spend time with my new brother, but at the same time I want to do my own thing. I could get a place on the other side of town, and get the bus to visit when I feel like it, so that could work out nicely. I wouldn't move far away, like, to another town or something. :x

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Only because I want to travel around and see other parts of the country. My parents and my grandparents have lived in this city, so I would love to move somewhere else. Perhaps I'll live in another country.

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
Years
  • Age 35
  • Sc
  • Seen Jun 23, 2009
My family treats me like a baby still. I can't stand when they come over to my dorm and fight. >_>

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Ha. I did already a year and a half ago. My family and that cage of a town I was forced to grow up in since age 4 are now 800 miles away.

It's been wonderful out here, just me and my cats. I have the freedom to grow into what I choose without being judged or misunderstood. The only negative thing is that most of my belongings are still at either mom's or dad's, but I'll retrieve them all eventually.

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
Years
  • Age 35
  • Sc
  • Seen Jun 23, 2009
Yea parents force there children where to live and all. >_>

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Well nearly all of my dad's family lives there, so he moved our family there when I was 4. I never felt as though I belonged there. My family, my schools, the town, the whole state had nothing I could relate to or identify with. There was very little variety there, and I felt like a piece wedged into the wrong puzzle.

So, I left when I could. And now I'm happy.

Years
Lol @ posters who "hate" the people who feed them, clothe them and support them and who expect next to nothing in return.

I'll be moving away for university, no doubt, but I intend to stay in the south west of England at least, if not staying in Plymouth once I've moved out.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Because I live in the super sexy state known as Florida, I would not like to live anywhere else. I may stay close to my parents, but it depends on where the wind takes me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I love my parents. I'm not planning to move away from them.
I mean, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them :3

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Lol @ posters who "hate" the people who feed them, clothe them and support them and who expect next to nothing in return.

I'll be moving away for university, no doubt, but I intend to stay in the south west of England at least, if not staying in Plymouth once I've moved out.
Who said I hate them? I just don't belong there. I love my parents and family; I just can't get them to understand me. They love me and are proud of me, and I know that. I'm tremendously grateful to my dad for all the money he sends. What I hate is the state I grew up in. I wasn't even born in it (thankfully). It was no place for someone with my mindset, interests, and goals, so really it was the location I wanted to escape.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Since I live close to my favorite state, I might move there. Problem is, my parents have considered moving there for several years, so by then I'll probably just move only a couple miles away from them, instead.

System!

HM....................... .....
Years
My parents are already planning to move to Mexico once my dad retires; I'm either planning to remain where I'm at now or follow my dream of becoming a chef and go around the world. Of course, we'd still keep in touch.

Back