• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
I know what you mean about the large file sizes, even my own avatars and such are basically all saved as PNG, but not as big as the 200-300 files sizes ^^'. But you have to realize that some programs just flat out suck when it comes to proper compression of JPG's and when working with banners or whatever, the quality sometimes goes down dramatically. So PNG is sometimes what files need to be saved as, in order to keep some pictures looking "acceptable".

I'm sure you have a program that converts anything into a JPG format looking just as nice as a PNG, with a much smaller file size, but I'm just saying some programs are just terrible at it.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
That's true. However, if a filesize limit were introduced, I (as mentioned above) would gladly help people meet the limits, as I'm sure others would also.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
Airashii said:
That's true. However, if a filesize limit were introduced, I (as mentioned above) would gladly help people meet the limits, as I'm sure others would also.

There was a file size limit in the past, but many people just found ways to bypass it with different types of tags in their signature.

But thats not saying, there will never be a limit in the future again, if things get a little more hectic then they are at times, with certain people and the amount amount of pictures they have in their sig..

Sawyer

���
Years
I can really easily change file sizes... with my mac, all you have to do is click the text, change the filetype, and type in png or jpg. or gif. or whatever you want =/ A signature limit is a great idea, I don't know why we haven't done it yet =/

Kurosaki

I can really easily change file sizes... with my mac, all you have to do is click the text, change the filetype, and type in png or jpg. or gif. or whatever you want =/ A signature limit is a great idea, I don't know why we haven't done it yet =/
Because it isn't needed. We only get EXTREMELY huge sigs on rare occassions, and members rarely complain about it.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
tys one i got right but Ac's i got wrong.......
i guess pngs are used so they can be edited further in a different program ie flash.... xD

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
Kurosaki said:
Because it isn't needed. We only get EXTREMELY huge sigs on rare occassions, and members rarely complain about it.
Because people think you can be punished for complaining.

And your signature is extremely huge, filesize-wise.

Years
Kurosaki said:
I see oversized sigs daily, and they're really annoying.

Kurosaki

Because people think you can be punished for complaining.

And your signature is extremely huge, filesize-wise.
Oh cry me a river >>

If we implement a filesize limit, it's going to be 500KB or so, nothing less, nothing more.

Sawyer

���
Years
David, that is an extremely biased opinion. Why don't you take a look at your signature... and those members'. You're only protecting that right so that you can exploit it yourself. >_>

Kurosaki

David, that is an extremely biased opinion. Why don't you take a look at your signature... and those members'. You're only protecting that right so that you can exploit it yourself. >_>
Go cry me a river isn't an opinion, and 500KB is the size limit we're making. It wasn't even me who came up with it. Oo

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
Kurosaki said:
Oh cry me a river >>
Okay.

Kurosaki said:
If we implement a filesize limit, it's going to be 500KB or so, nothing less, nothing more.
I haven't seen a signature bigger than 500 KB since 2004. What a pointless limit.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
ok.... carrying on with the theme of the initial post
noimagesig.png

noimagesig.jpg

spot the difference....

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
I can notice a few pixels that are sharper on the JPG, but that was merely because you asked us to look.

Sawyer

���
Years
David, I was referring to what you said before about the filesize limit, not "Go cry me a river".

rpg pokemon

Pokemon Dome *****
Years
its up to us if we want to save images as pn or jepg so dont tell us that your thead up as we will do what we want to do. I save all my sigs in png and dont care what anybody says. Png is better!

Back