• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Act Normal~ The Normal Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What qualities would a Pokemon need to have for it to belong in the normal type? Why?
    They'd be required to have certain body color, I guess! If these Pokémon were to be considered as pure normal-type, then their bodies need to be either brown, grey, white, or any other shades of these colors. If they were some other color though, such as blue, then they cannot be pure normal--they must have an additional type attached to them (water, for example).

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'll answer my own question! I agree with all of you. A normal type's body colour should be something found naturally on land mammals. Their concept would also be based off simple animals like ferrets, dogs and cats. Finally they'd probably need to be able to learn a few HMs. After all land mammals are productive when it comes to hunting, cutting, swimming, all those sorts of things.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Which Normal type pokemon would you like to see receive a Mega Evolution?
    If Slaking got a mega-evolution, I think it'd be pretty sweet. I could imagine it to look much slimmer (maybe as slim as Vigoroth), and perhaps it'd become less lazy and lose its Truant ability. Instead, it would be having Moxie. Statistically, it could probably get a reduction in its defenses to help give boost to its Speed. All its other stats--HP, Attack, and Special Attack--would remain the way they are. d:

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • A Mega Slaking with Moxie would be epic, though it would be banned to ubers almost immediately. :D 460 max att - Truant + Moxie = Face Wrecker Deluxe. I still want one though...

I'd like to see either Tauros or Bouffalant get one. Mainly just because it would look epic...

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • I deleted my old post and re-added my Normal teams. I have 3 in total now.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Which Normal type pokemon would you like to see receive a Mega Evolution?

I'd like to see Snorlax get one in the future, it's always been a strong Normal-type in my eyes and maybe if it gets a Mega in 7th Gen or something I'd like to see its Defense get boosted a bit, along with Attack. As for abilities, I'm not sure but maybe some ability that would be beneficial attacking-wise.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'd like to see either Ursaring or Audino get one.
    ursaring looks like a bear...the mega one should look a little badass :p as for Audino .....i just want it to get a new evolution.

Years

Audino could really be something special with a mega evo. :) There is a lovely fanart piece I found on tumblr months back about an idea for a potential Audino mega right here:

Spoiler:

Which is the kind of Pokemon I'd put on my team in a heartbeat regardless of stats, haha. Would also love to see Zangoose get a little more love - he's already a great Pokemon but a mega evolution could really give him the boost he needs to push he needs to be used a little more, both ingame and competitively. He's always been one of my favorites and it saddened me how he didn't get one.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years

Audino could really be something special with a mega evo. :) There is a lovely fanart piece I found on tumblr months back about an idea for a potential Audino mega right here:

tumblr_muw5o5qupL1s717eho1_500.png

I like this, very pretty. :)

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019

Spoiler:

Which is the kind of Pokemon I'd put on my team in a heartbeat regardless of stats, haha. Would also love to see Zangoose get a little more love - he's already a great Pokemon but a mega evolution could really give him the boost he needs to push he needs to be used a little more, both ingame and competitively. He's always been one of my favorites and it saddened me how he didn't get one.

That looks awesome tbh. I would definitely have mega Audino on my team. {:3} :)

Years
  • It does! Though I wonder what its mega form would be adept at. Audino's not very strong in any department so it makes me wonder what stats they'd improve. Perhaps her mega evolution ability can restore her HP by some percent every few turns since Audino are adept healers.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It does! Though I wonder what its mega form would be adept at. Audino's not very strong in any department so it makes me wonder what stats they'd improve. Perhaps her mega evolution ability can restore her HP by some percent every few turns since Audino are adept healers.
    i would love to see a stronger mega Audino tbh.

I also want to see Mega Persian. It's about time Persian got some decent power
    mega_persian_by_maniacalmew-d6kgj28.png

somethin like this ^ it doesn't look like mega evolution tbh :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That looks completely amazing, Echo! Wow. Props to those who drew it. :] Also, I'm going to toss in a new topic here: aside from Whitney, which normal-type gym leader did you have the hardest time defeating?

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
  • Username: Tentaclefury
    Partner Pokemon: Noctowl
    Reason for joining: I love normal types! They are so versatile and have the biggest move pools and personalities of any other Pokemon type!

Favorite Normal Gym Leader: I don't have one honestly. They're all amazing. I love Lenora had personality, Norman is so badass, and Cheren has a great design. I hope the next one is a Ace trainer-ish female with a very rememberable normal Pokemon~

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Aside from Whitney, which normal-type gym leader did you have the hardest time defeating?

Probably Norman. The others weren't that hard to beat- the first and second gyms never are. Norman on the other hand was a tough cookie. His Slaking took hits quite easily and dealt huge amounts of damage. Spinda and the rest of his gang were pretty annoying to deal with as well. As for Cheren and Lenora- they didn't have much challenge. At their points in the game, there weren't many good normal types to use so they were at a disadvantage. So yeah, my vote goes to Norman. 8)

Years
  • i would love to see a stronger mega Audino tbh.

I also want to see Mega Persian. It's about time Persian got some decent power
    Spoiler:

somethin like this ^ it doesn't look like mega evolution tbh :p

That is absolutely gorgeous! What a princely little cat. :3

Aside from Whitney, which normal-type gym leader did you have the hardest time defeating?

Norman and Lenora were both huge pains in the butt. Norman was.. Norman since he had two Slaking in R/S so I had a tough time taking him down, especially since I didn't choose Torchic as my starter. Trying to paralyze or poison him only made Facade that much more dangerous.

Lenora defeated me in my first playthrough of White. That Watchog was ugh.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Answering my own topic, woo! Anyway, other than Whitney, I found it to be quite difficult to go up against Norman. Most of my Pokémon were under-leveled when I first battled him in Ruby, so all his Pokémon were a bit tough for me to take down. His Slaking, though, was the toughest of them all. It was able to take hits pretty easily, and would then hit back even harder. I ended up defeating it though, but couldn't have done it without the help of recovery items like Potions, Super Potions, etc.

Years
  • Aside from Whitney, which normal-type gym leader did you have the hardest time defeating?

Definitely saying Norman, in fact his Slaking has very good HP meaning it can take hits quite well, not to mention its stats are on par with most Legendary Pokemon. There was a good reason why its ability is Truant, to stop being overpowered. Even more worse is that you don't want to status him due to the fact that Facade becomes a very threatening move when affected by status. I always had more problems with him than any other Normal Gym Leader.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Username: Eviljelly
    Partner Pokemon: Spinda
    Reason for joining: Spinda, girafirag, Smeargle, Expolud, pokemon like that there so...bizarre
    Which Normal type pokemon would you like to see receive a Mega Evolution? Spinda...in all seriousness though, spinda has a great moveset but is cursed with being terrible in general now give 90 across the board with 2 random stats going up to 100 O__O

aside from Whitney, which normal-type gym leader did you have the hardest time defeating? Norman rematch Blissey and Slaking, really tough time defeating him, non-rematch is Norman Because Slaking and its 680 bst

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back