• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen question about trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2023
so untill now i played the games with an emulator and i coudnt trade.

now i really want to but a 3DS with pokemon X & Y but i dont know ANYTHING about trading. first of all cuz i dont have any older games i know i cant trasfer pokemons like the starters and such, so i want at least to trade in game pokemon that need trading to evolve. so my first question is:can i trade pokemon with myself if i have both versions?

2nd question: if i want to trade.. lest say charmander with someone, does he need to have charmander?

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2023
thanks. cuz i dont have 2 ds's i will go with option 2. and about it, i can talk with the person im trading right?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
You can also ask around for people who help you with trade evos. I'm more than willing to help anyone who needs to evolve Pokémon through trades. The trauma of not having access to the almighty Alakazam in RBY made me do this.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Ok, next time you have a question about Pokemon X and Y, go to that section of the website.

This section is only meant for discussion on Pokemon Black and White, and Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. Nothing else.

Also, if you have a question that isn't game specific, please go to the Pokemon Gaming Central section, as it deals with things that happens in all games, such as trading. To be completely honest, if you need help learning how to trade, I honestly suggest looking up videos on YouTube and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back