• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Trumpets

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • If you have ever played Pokémon R/S/E with the sound on (if you don't, you should), you would notice the wonderful music uses a lot of trumpets. So did you like these game's music? Did you find the reliance on trumpets too much? How do you think it compares to other games?

Discuss

Spr_3r_252.png

So gecko...y

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I like trumpets! They gave the game a very peppy and lively feel and made me feel like I was on a proper adventure. And they went very well with the bright and colourful region of Hoenn. :3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think it makes these games' music stand out much more than other games (though HGSS comes close, as it has a different feel to it than music of other games as well). As much as I complain about trumpet players, it's a great instrument and it really defines the music of RSE.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    Ah yes, R/S/E's score, by far the best one I've heard in a Pokémon game. And as for the trumpets, it doesn't matter what instrument you use, or how much you use it as long as you use it well.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I've loved R/S/E music the most of all the games. honestly. The trumpets were used quite a bit, but I like them allot to. That was short, but I love this games music, that's that.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Eh, the music was great. It was full of life mixed with peace and harmony. And it was melodious. I think it's a mite bit different from the other games. I loved the trumpet in the "Pokémon gained this much Exp!" part. In the background the trumpet stood off, and because of that that's my favourite all time Pokémon music.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Trumpet soundfonts standout alot from other soundfonts in GBA games, like Mario Kart Super Circuit, because they're easily recognizable. I see no difference for Gen 3's use of the trumpet soundfont.

JustChillin810

xX_ElectricPikachu_Xx
    Years
  • The music of the game is one of the major reasons I loved Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Although the music through out the whole game was really good and suitable for each situation, I especially loved the elite 4 music because of how intense it sounded.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • It was horrible, and a really poor decision by the sound artists. I'd rather have the 8-bit tunes from GSC back!

The best songs from RSE are the ones that don't use the trumpets that much.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • The trumpet sound gave a nice boost to R/S/E's music. I definitely liked it. The Hoenn region had the best music for me and a lot is due to the trumpet. And as someone said, it was really melodious.

Back