• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Hoenn Dragons

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Yes, but most (if not all) of the info is in other stories, and I don't want to spoil them for the reader.
This is the 1st story i my series of fics using a characr called Chaos. It is set 10 years after the 6th story.
If the rest of the information found in the other stories is necessary to begin to understand this one, you should either write in the backstory or post your stories in order. You said that this one is the sixth story in the series. You can either put this one aside and work on the first one, or rewrite this one to include the necessary information so your readers aren't confused and this story can stand more on its own.

Yes, but in my story, Oak has always been like that, he changes to the Oak he is today soon after Caaos beats him, in another story.
So you change a character's personality and it doesn't get fixed until your character can change him. Is there a story reason why this is written this way?

Right, why is everyone going on about past events, they are for other stories! There is chapters on this planned guys, why here?
Because those events have bearing on this story. We get confused by something in this story, you say it's explained in another one and won't tell us the answer. We're still confused. Which is why we keep bringing it up.

Lets just say, in the games, you can catch Mewtwo.
In the games you can also catch God and creator of the universe and use it to smack around Magikarp.

In other words, you shouldn't really use the games to explain away any unrealistic ideas. Take a look at the anime or the Special manga to see where others get their ideas how legendaries should be handled. I know that in the anime, if you catch a legendary, the world nearly ends. The games have a little trouble of not being realistic. That was one of the jokes about HG/SS, where the player could wander around with Arceus and no one cares.

But in fanfiction, you want to aim for realism the best that you can. If your character is wandering around with one or two or three Pokemon told about only in legends, people should seriously react.

Years
In the games you can also catch God and creator of the universe and use it to smack around Magikarp.

In other words, you shouldn't really use the games to explain away any unrealistic ideas. Take a look at the anime or the Special manga to see where others get their ideas how legendaries should be handled. I know that in the anime, if you catch a legendary, the world nearly ends. The games have a little trouble of not being realistic. That was one of the jokes about HG/SS, where the player could wander around with Arceus and no one cares.

But in fanfiction, you want to aim for realism the best that you can. If your character is wandering around with one or two or three Pokemon told about only in legends, people should seriously react.

I don't think this was worthy of another post, but I think this could help as well and it only reinforces Astinus's point. In a fan fiction I wrote a few months ago (that i didn't post) I was going to have a couple of scientists search for legendary pokemon eggs. Then I struck a problem. Legendary pokemon don't have a gender! I'm not too sure about a genderless Pokemon, but I'm pretty sure the game developers made it that way so people wouldn't breed hoards of legends. For instance I find it incredibly difficult to believe Lugia have no gender in the GAME because in the ANIME Team Rocket tries to steal a baby Lugia away from its mother.

In real life there is no such thing as a genderless living thing unless it's microscopic life or some marine organisms. Things start getting complicated because we get into stuff that replicates itself to breed, such as cells.

Back