• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welp. I'm new.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 8, 2014
So...What's up? It's kind of funny, I feel that I'm one of the 10% of people that tries to actively trade pokemon without wanting to:
-Fill the national dex.
-Play competitively.
-Get shinies/legendaries/event pokemon

I'm just looking to be able to form a team of my favorite pokemon so I can try different combinations.

Of course, once I'm done with that, I probably will peek a little into the whole competitive thing. Maybe. But probably not, I prefer just common matches.

I'm also a big, big fan of bug-types. All of 'em.

That's pretty much all I can think of right now. So yeah, hello everyone.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Souuunds like the Trade Corner is just right for you, if you're looking for trades! I admit that I mostly trade to fill up my pokedex, but, it helps! It's pretty admirable that you're only looking for your favourite pokemon; it's really nice to just play the game with your favourites, and I would prefer to do that too, if I could of gotten my favourite pokemon earlier. ;~;

Anyways, welcome to the forums! You can visit our Battle Center if you would like to read up on competitive-related topics and learn about competitive battling in general, and we can provide assistance! Ah, and there's a nice Pokemon bug Club, to chat about the bug pokemon in specifics with other fans! I really love Heracross, Scyther, and Scizor myself. :3

Ah, and have a great stay! Message our staff members anytime you have a question about the forums, mmkay? And I hope we can chat again someday! It's really great to meet you today. <3

Years
And hello from me too Strate, welcome to the community!

As Aura said, if you are looking for trades you will definitely enjoy the Trade Corner section which has some very active regulars who have loads of knowledge about trading, so I'm sure you'll be looked after by great traders to get whatever you need. There's also Battle Center for all your competitive battling needs, and do check out our Showdown server if you want to battle fellow PC members. Both me and Aura are among the active regulars so do come and say hi if you decide to visit.

Anyways, good luck and I do hope you can make some new friends. The staff members are on hand if you ever need help, but even some of the general memberbase like to lend a hand as well. Well, I do hope to see you around both here and on the server. Have fun and take care!

- Hikari

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 8, 2014
Thank you both! I'll be sure to visit the battling forums once I feel satisfied with my team, and I'll check out the bug club too, sounds interesting!

Years
We'd be more than happy to assist you with your team! So definitely be sure to stop by the Battle Center when you're able. /high five

Anyway, welcome to PokeCommunity, Strate! I'm.. not a fan of bugs in real life but bug types in Pokemon are really, really cool haha. I adore Butterfree, Beautifly, and Mothim especially but some of my other tops are Scyther, Scizor, Vespiquen, and a lot of others I'm probably forgetting. Mega Pinsir is an absolute threat in battling now too so it's great that they're finally getting more usability. Our bug type club would be thrilled to have yet another participant. ;P And while you're at it, why not check out the other clubs available in the Pokemon Clubs board?!

Hope you have a blast and stick around regardless of what you choose to do! Everyone here is pretty amazing so we're happy to have more new members; new peeps fit in easily. Be sure to contact the staff members with blue, orange, or red names if you need anything. We are here with open arms to help.

Cheers!

Back