• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Living Qualities [IC]

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
  • LIVING QUALITIES-A POKEMON RPG
    Sign ups are still open. Make your character here, as well as read the plot and recent activities. Living Qualities SU/OOC

Characters
    Spoiler:

Rules
    Spoiler:

Here is the first post. LET THE ROLEPLAYING BEGIN

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Ingrid closed her eyes contentedly, hugging her Meganium's neck. Gilligan let out a small yelp of protest, and Ingrid realized she had rubbed against a sensitive spot on his neck, a part of his scar that was still healing.
    "Oh, sorry, Gilligan." She muttered. "We're almost to Viridian City; I can walk from here."
    "Meg!" He turned and looked at her, shaking his head. But without another word, she jumped off his back, ignoring his protests.
    "Too bad, Gilligan." Ingrid laughs. "No matter how much you want to carry me, you're still healing."
    "...Meg, megani..."
    "Oh, shush it." Ingrid returns the grass type into its Pokeball, making her way through the tall grass without a care. She had been making her way towards the Pokemon League headquarters in Kanto for a meeting. Apparently it had to do with the wild pokemon that had been "eating" other people and Pokemon, and even though she was a bit worried since such cases were rare, Ingrid didn't think much of it.
    It will probably just be another repeat of that Drifloon case in Sinnoh a few years back. She thought, remembering it bitterly. A lonely drifloon had been leading children and people's pokemon away, only to keep them in a shed behind Valley Windworks. The culprit was found and captured, and the pokemon and children released, not hurt, just scared.
    Really, she was more excited to see her old friend, Brianna, who she had personally invited to the meeting. Even though her pokemon were unevolved, she had all eight badges and was a formidable trainer, no doubt a great help to this mission. And she was eager to meet Kanto's new champion as well. Oh, how much fun I'll have pranking the newbie. She snickered to herself, waving to Blue as she passed by Viridian's gym. The headquarters was located on Route 31, only a few minutes away.
    Wanting some companionship, she reached to pull out Pabu's pokeball before hesitating. She wanted to look cool in front of the other champions, and although she would never say it to his face, Furrets weren't exactly the epitome of 'cool'.
    Now Honchkrow, that's a different story.
    Ingrid released Maximus just as the sliding doors to the building opened, the large black bird quickly making way after her.
    "Krow!" He hid behind her shyly when she entered the conference room, eyeing the other trainers and Pokemon nervously.
    "Come on, Maximus, man up." Ingrid joked, and he ruffled his feathers, offended. Counting the number of people in the room and realizing everyone was present, Ingrid walked towards the large conference table, the other trainers and champions noticing her at their seats.

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
    Years
  • First reply, hooray! :D
    Anyways

Living Qualities
    Brianna "Brielle" Jenssen
    158.gif
    263.gif
    111.gif

Brianna was just coming out of Kanto's Victory Road, with a face expression that could obviously tell she was scared, she was holding, no, squeezing LMC with both of her arms, in an attempt for the fear to go away, the only results were a Totodile struggling with all his forces to be freed from those deathly arms, with no results.

"In moments like these I wish I had a flying Pokémon." Brianna whispered while Rigbone and Pinky Pie stared at her, Rigbone at her left, and Pinky Pie at her right.

Brianna doesn't like having her Pokémon inside their Pokéballs, so she would do anything to avoid sealing them in the capsules, which is the reason she's kicked out of Pokémon Centers quite often, that, and the fact that all of her Pokémon are extremely hyperactive and are always wreaking havoc unless they are tired, which is, almost never.

She finally drops LMC, who immediately inhales a lot of air, and releases it as it falls in the ground. Brielle saw her other Pokémon, they were both almost crying out of tiredness. 'Poor guys' she thought, they're always tired of walking everywhere, but at least, all that tiredness keeps them calm. Brianna stared for a while at Rigbone, he had picked another item. That's why she loves her Zigzagoon, he's always finding useful stuff, be it a berry, or even a Hyper Potion.

"What you got there buddy?" she asked as she kneeled in front of Rigbone.

Zigzagoon dropped the item in front of Brianna, who picked it up, and began examining it. It was an evolutionary stone, that was for sure, but Brianna hadn't seen one before. It was all purple and black in the middle. Without further ado, Brianna placed the stone inside her hand bag, which could carry a lot of items, in exchange of hardly finding them later.

"Alright," Brianna said, decided, as she stood up, "Let's go to Indigo Plateau!"

In the moment she said this, a Zubat came out of the cave, and got stuck in her hair, which made Brianna scream, hoping that it went away with just that. After seeing that failed, she started shaking her head, while she yelled at her Pokemon for help. LMC quickly used Hydro Pump in her face, which made the wild Zubat faint, but also ruined her hair. With a little bit of anger, Brianna stared at LMC, who was laughing at Brianna, as well as Rigby and Pinky Pie.

"Let's just go to Indigo freaking Plateau." Brianna said in a very angry voice tone. They finally left from where they were, and headed towards Indigo Plateau.

Last edited:

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    Evelyn "Eve" Magnolia
    Current Location: Kanto / Pokemon League Headquarters

Eve sat impatiently in her seat, head resting against her right hand. "Oh lord, can we please get this thing going already? Maybe I should light a camp fire and break out the marshmallows. That's how all these ghost stories start right?" She exclaimed sarcastically, tapping the index finger of her left hand against the table.

Hiro let out a groan at her feet. The almost six foot, three hundred plus pound Hydreigon curled up into a neat ball rubbed his tail against her leg as a sign of affection. Eve reached down calmly and patted his heaving sides. "Hey Hiro, why don't you get back in your ball for now?" Hiro shot his head up and looked her in the eyes. "Hy-drei drei, go." He voiced in protest. "Fine have it your way, but don't come waking me up at three in the morning because you're having a nightmare." She teased him.

Eve straightened up again, crossing her legs at the ankles and smoothing out her pants. The doors opened unexpectedly, and in walked a girl that Eve assumed was Ingrid Mayers by the vacant nameplate. Her Honchkrow following close behind. Eve gave a quick glance at the clock against the wall and noted mentally the time.

This was the first time Eve had actually seen a Honchkrow in person. She quickly pulled out her notepad that she stored in the interior breast pocket of her coat, and did a quick profile sketch of his appearance. Taking special care to detail the voluminous plumage and cravat adorning the chest. She took a few more minor notes and casually returned the pad to it's pocket.

Eve glanced about the table and looked at the others. She really hoped that these stories panned out and weren't just hokum. A crazy young man in a mental hospital, and the critical failure of a mission by the International Police certainly sounded interesting. Eve knew however, that the tales of servicemen were exaggerated with each retelling. However, maybe this would be worth her time after all. Sure she mourned for the dead and injured, but the magnitude of this discovery, if true, could be astronomical.

"So....shall we?" She asked flatly.

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Nikolai Darius

Why am I here?

He grumbled this to himself with his sweet little smile still plastered on his face like clown make-up. Really. He was going to give Alexander the worst punishment of his life and then throw him into the paparazzi. It would serve him right. See what the media would say about that. His lilac-blue eyes flickered around him as he examined his fellow room occupants. He heard one of the females shifting impatiently to get started and inwardly scoffed. What did she have to whine about? He had been here early, courtesy of a early drop in the water by a certain jerk's Garchomp. Urgh... at least he had dried off.

"Oh lord, can we please get this thing going already? Maybe I should light a camp fire and break out the marshmallows. That's how all these ghost stories start right?"

Eve's comment made Nikolai hum, but he didn't speak. He had other matters to attend to, namely that of Fia, who had rolled over lazily in his lap, one eye open to stare at him through the carefully attached Scope Lens. "Fee~" she murmured, causing him to scratch at one of her ears.

"No we're not," he told her solemnly, causing another gentle whine to leave her lips. He understood. She wanted to go home, or back to Xander's house, which was the closest thing they had to a home. "Sorry Fia dear, not for a while yet." She yawned at him and nodded, cuddling back to his chest and going back to sleep. Nikolai patted her on the head and went back to casually looking around the room, expression still as gentle as before.

His eyes glittered. This isn't interesting at all. These people, they were only brought together for their power and their authority. None of them were actual experts in the field of study that could be of help to understand such a creature. They were only people with high positions who now that they were where they were, wouldn't want to lose to someone else simply due to the pride they had recently gained. Nikolai was not a team player by any means, and he knew that. However, pretending that anyone here would be much better was presumptuous of the League.

Arceus he didn't want to be here. Strike him down right here and get rid of his morally challenged rear end now. Make Xander forget his existence and give his Pokemon to a better person.

Darn, he thought that self-depreciating prayer would go in his favor. Oh well. He was stuck. Nikolai, growing tired of looking at all these high and mighty characters, closed his eyes and pondered the seriousness of the situation. Really now, a creature eating humans and Pokemon. Usually they picked just one. Though I don't blame them. Humans supposedly taste excellent over a charcoal barbecue. He wondered if this had a possibility of being connected to the myths. He cycled through the various recent tablets he observed and shook his head silently. More information, he needed to know more.

Nikolai groaned mentally. This was why Xander was worried about him. He had no regard for the devastation or the suffering or all the cleanup that would ensue. He was more interested in the possibilities, of what history could be uncovered, of the facts. No wonder he had lost a year of his life to what he assumed was illicit experimentation.

Great. Now he had an urge for a cigarette. If these children don't get their heads out of their tails soon I am walking out for a Lavars... Who was dumb enough to put a Quilava as their logo and not think they would get sued anyway? Business types...

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
  • Stephanie threw herself into the ground in protest. "For the last time, we're lost" she said for the millionth time. Glitch who had been leading them for several hours finally turned around, and Beeped and clicked in response. "We've been chasing no one for the past three hours" Stephanie said flatly "It's time to give it a break" Glitch put its head down accepting defeat. Stephanie rolled over and pulled Glitch's pokeball from her skirt pocket and encased him in it.

Stephanie lay there in the open field for several minutes thinking about what to do next. Kristallion pushes Stephanie into an upright position and then roared loudly telling Stephanie that he hadn't given up hope yet. "come on big fella' lets go find our way out of here," Stephanie said hopping up onto her feet. "Kristallion, Can you search the area for a city or building or power cables or something that'll lead us to civilization?" Kristallion Roared again and then arose several feat in the air and looked around. He froze as he suddenly saw a flat top building. "you see something!?" Stephanie yelled up to her Pokemon. Kristalion roared and the quickly speed of towards the building.

"Wow," Stephanie said gazing up at the monstrous building. "Indigo Plateau, the birth place of legends" Stephanie read the marble headstone in the front of the building. Stephanie and Kristallion glanced at each other both thinking the same thing; What Kind of place is this!? "Well are we going in or not?" Stephanie said pushing through the double doors into the building.

Stephanie gazed around, the building was so much bigger on the inside then it had looked on the outside. Stephanie and Kristallion wandered around the building admireing every little detail. Eventually the two of them made there way to a long hallway that ended in a door marked 'conference room' Stephanie let her curiosity get the best of her. She slowly opens the door and walked into the full conference room.

Stephanie just walked into some kind of important meeting. Her body wouldn't move no matter how hard she tried. By now everyone was starring at her and she new it. She had to think fast. "Sorry I'm late!" She said "There was an unexpected traffic jam in the Johto, I hope I didn't hold you up." Stephanie said quickly looking for an open seat. Stephanie quickly grabbed the last open seat and sat down. Kristallion quietly fallowed confused at what just happened.

Jacinth

~Darling~
    Years
  • Ingrid took her seat, greeting the other trainers. "Hey, I hope I'm not late." She looked around for her friend as Maximus perched himself on the back of her large chair. Ingrid noticed the other two trainers in the room; a rather dainty looking girl with a Hydreigon at her feet, and a thin young man with white hair. Recognizing the girl as the Unova champion but not knowing the boy, she made a mental note to meet with him in a more friendly manner later.

"So... shall we?" Eve said.

"Yeah, I guess we should start. The others can join in once they-" Ingrid was cut off by the sound of doors opening. She looked over to see a rather strangely dressed girl standing in the doorway along with a Cryogonal, a glazed look in her eyes.

She seemed to quickly snap out of it. "Sorry I'm late!" She said. "There was an unexpected traffic jam in the Johto, I hope I didn't hold you up." She took one of the open seats without a nameplate.

"Er, do I know you...?" Ingrid glanced at her Honchkrow, who seemed just as puzzled as she was.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
    Years
  • Living Qualities
    158.gif
    263.gif
    111.gif

"Oh, lord, I can't see a thing!" Brianna yelled as she tried to pull her wet hair away from her eyes, without any results.

After a while of desperately trying, she eventually kept walking... with her arms holding her hair behind her head, of course.

"Hey!" she suddenly yelled, startling all of her Pokemon, "There they are!" She started running. Her Pokemon were following her, not knowing what was going on.

"The archways!" She yelled with joy, "It's always nice to see them!"

She extended her arms, letting her wet hair cover her face again, and she took a deep breath, 'it's always nice to visit Indigo Plateau' she thought.

"Okay guys," she said as she took two Pokeballs from her bag, "From here on, only one of you shall come with me."

And before any protests could begin, a pair of light beams surrounded Pinky Pie and LMC, sealing them both in the small capsule devices.

Rigbone stared at Brianna with a surprised expression. Of all the times she had chosen one of her Pokemon to be her only company, that was the first time she chose Rigby, she always chooses LMC, but maybe she didn't because of the whole Hydro Pump incident.

"What are you staring at?" she said, "Let's go!"

After a while of walking, they finally reached the HQ. She stood in front of the door, and grabbed Rigbone with both hands. Right after this, she slowly opened the door, which creaked like those doors in horror movies. Before she knew it, those who were already inside were staring at her and her dripping wet hair that covered her face.

"What?" She asked, barely seeing them, but she could still recognize Ingrid, her friend who had already become champion while she still struggled to do so, "Haven't you ever seen a girl with her hair ruined by her Totodile's Hydro Pump holding a Zigzagoon with her face covered by her dripping wet hair?" she resumed after a while.

Everyone just kept watching her and Zigzagoon, who wasn't smiling for once, Rigby and Brianna knew that they were in a very awkward situation.

"Yeah, me neither." She eventually said as she slowly headed towards a seat.

Last edited:

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
    Years
  • Eric Stalker
    Indigo Plateau
    "Another casual everyday accident case begins...Boringly Begins"

The sun shown brightly and the weather was absolutely perfect. Eric, now sitting on a flying Swellow, was in thoughts of why he was heading for Indigo Plateau in the first place. I mean he knew that it was the case of some Pokemon. Really, really weird Pokemon that ate human and Pokemon itself. Now that was just wrong. Eric looked down from where he was and he could make out that this wasn't his natural habitat. Though, he did visit Kanto in his primary stages of being Sinnoh Champion. The good old days. Down on the ground Eric could also see some large as of small city and towns that reminded him of his first visits.

The time drifted fast and it was a matter of minutes till Eric could notice a very huge establishment which had a huge Pokeball design just above the entrance door. The building itself shown quite clearly for the weather wasn't at all cloudy. Eric could also see by the style that it was quite modern, well, it was a little bit advance than where he resided for almost 4 years now. The castle was a good primary appearance but Eric didn't quite get himself stucked up on that matter. All that pre-occupied his mind was the total cause of the current situation. Human and Pokemon eating Pokemon creature. That did not make any sense at all. Was it that it is a new species or is it just some kind of spreading disease..? Was Arceus revenging for some humans that hated Pokemon? Or was it just simply a joke? It couldn't have.. Well, not in matter that it would result in assigning all Champions around the world. Oh well! We'll see when we get there. Speaking of the devil, the Swellow took a sudden deep dive and landed right infront of the Indigo Plateau's entrance door.

"Thank you Fallon" Eric said as he got down from the giant creature "Would you mind telling Professor Rowan that I'll be back pretty soon".

"Swell" Fallon replied with a small smile presented on his face. She then took off in the air with her flapping wings. Eric gave a last glance and then turned to face the gigantic building head on. It looked way much bigger in size up close than in distance view.

"Well, better get this over with" Eric said with a sign at the end of his sentence. Being the Champion was hard work, and here he was thinking it was a day filled with destroying young Pokemon trainer's dream.

Eric made his way to the door and pushed it open with only his right hand. Inside was the presence of different character's and so applies to the present Pokemon too. The door made some rustling noise and it ended up that all the teens inside the room turn to look at Eric. Eric didn't feel embarassed or anything for inside was a completely wet girl, falling over hair with a quite awkward appearance.

"Show-off" Eric thought as he just stood by the door and saw the other trainer's final evolution form Pokemon. Eric didn't care though and leaned on the wall for he saw that all the seats was taken. Eric presented a most calm face meaning "Can we get started please? I have a life too you know..."

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Nikolai Darius

None of us want to be here, Joy.

Without putting too much thought into it, he gave the newcomer male a soft and brilliant smile, telling him to cheer up with his eyes. That one, he would play with that one. Make him squirm and dance like a Durant on fire. He seemed to feel secure in his position, generally disdainful of the room around him, and woefully, sweetly inexperienced. Haha, this would at least be interesting. And he wouldn't even have to be in the same vicinity as him for very long either. Fia watched him tilt his head earnestly at the newcomer and yawned out a mewl.

Nikolai ignored this, giving the rest of the room another glance. Feeling for the poor wet girl (at least outwardly) he reached down and pulled a towel from his bag. He walked over and handed it to her. "Here," he told her kindly, letting his blue eyes flicker with warmth. "Sorry I only have one," he apologized to Brielle. "My friend dropped me in the water near here. You can keep that though." With that, he went back to the seat, Fia laying back on his lap without much thought. "What happened to your adventure?" he asked her. Fia scowled and sleepily bit one of his fingers.

Nikolai didn't notice this too much, focusing vaguely on the rest of the table. He wasn't even glancing at Eric after his warm visage from earlier, deciding to toy and toy would be great fun. He thought for a moment then let his voice trickle down out of his lips, looking casually at the ceiling. "Any particular speculation on this?" he asked. "Throwing out some ideas, such as a cursed creature, Arceus' wrath?"

Let's test them, see what they come up with. Personally, he believed Arceus didn't give a Hoothoot about the human race except to mess with them. He could certainly agree with that notion. His fingers twitched toward his pocket and he put them to his sides, He could wait until they left and he was off by himself. No need to freak out their sensitive, good-hearted souls.

Jacinth

~Darling~
    Years
  • Trying to catch her breath at the large amount of strange events that occured, Ingrid paused before slamming her fist on the table, causing Maximus to jump a bit, fluffing up his feathers in alarm.

"Well, I have no freaking clue what this thing is," Maximus sqwaked her disdainfully while she continued, "But I have some speculation. I have a feeling it's some kind of ghost type, with all the fear and paranoia it caused. Especially with the young ranger that's now locked up in a hospital. Ghost types normally cause incidents like this."

Ingrid lifted Maximus into her arms, smoothing his ruffled feathers. "Ghost types aren't that easy to track, though. Do any of you have ideas?"

Claire*

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    Evelyn "Eve" Magnolia

Lunacy, about the only word Eve could think of to describe this charade of a meeting. The list of people who walked through the door within a manner of minutes was beyond absurd. Each one more ridiculous and uncouth than the last. A bizarre girl and her Cryogonal, another young woman who's hair was soaking wet, and a kid who placed himself against the wall. Eve hadn't minded him too much, at least he was unobtrusive.

The odd young man looking at the ceiling had asked if anyone had any ideas. Of course Eve had ideas and suspicions, who didn't? That's not what mattered to her, she wanted to know the answer, not more questions.

Ingrid had ventured forth the idea of a Ghost Pokemon, and while not completely implausible, it also didn't seem wholly accurate. The stories so far seemed to be much more than just a ghost Pokemon. Eve cleared her throat, and shifted in her seat. "That's all well and good, but when was the last time a ghost sighting had resulted in anything more than inconvenient mischief? Now I'm not saying it's impossible, just doesn't seem very likely. Especially considering the IP (International Police) were allegedly taken out by this thing. What are the chances one normal ghost Pokemon can do such a thing?" She paused, letting her comments hang in the air.

"What are the chances this is some kind of religious sect, or cult? Maybe one that believes in cannibalism. I don't claim to know how, but it could be possible this is some kind of masterfully created ruse to instill uncertainty and fear. If so, then by all accounts it seems to be working." Eve looked across the table, trying to read the others faces.

"It would explain how it seems to be everywhere, and yet nowhere at the same time."

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
    Years
  • Living Qualities
    158.gif
    263.gif
    111.gif

Brielle sat as quiet as possibly as she could, trying to make make any eye contact with the other Trainers, that supposing she could actually see, as her wet hair almost made her trip several times while she was looking for a seat.

Not the kind of popularity I was looking for she thought, and she was right, the most probable thing would be that everyone would now refer to her as that girl with the messy, wet hair.

While Brianna was feeling sorry for herself, a young man slowly approached her, without her noticing because of the messy problem in her head.

"Here," he told her kindly, Brianna quickly grabbing the towel without much thinking.

"Sorry I only have one," he apologized to Brielle. "My friend dropped me in the water near here. You can keep that though."

"Thanks", Brianna said at last, but the young man was already back on his seat, and a Leafeon was laying on his lap.

"Any particular speculation on this?" the young man asked. "Throwing out some ideas, such as a cursed creature, Arceus' wrath?"

Brianna quickly arranged the towel in the space of the table that was in front of her in a very symmetric, yet fluffy square. She was about to slam her head in the towel, but, Ingrid slamed her fist on the table, causing a Honchkrow near her to jump a bit.

"Well, I have no freaking clue what this thing is, but I have some speculation. I have a feeling it's some kind of ghost type, with all the fear and paranoia it caused. Especially with the young ranger that's now locked up in a hospital. Ghost types normally cause incidents like this."

Brianna couldn't see much, but she was sure they were all staring at Ingrid, at least all the attention is slowly going away from me, she thought

"Ghost types aren't that easy to track, though. Do any of you have ideas?" Ingrid eventually resumed.

Ghost types. Sounded logical, yet not so believable at the same time. What was the last time a Ghost-type actually consumed a human, or a Pokemon? I thought ghosts didn't eat, Brielle thought. If they actually did, wouldn't they just had eaten the Rocket Grunts that killed a Marowak in Lavender Tower?

Brianna wasn't from Kanto, but Lavender Town was pretty famous in Johto because of the whole Marowak incident, if you're from Johto and don't know about that, they will lynch you to death for your ignorance.

"What are the chances this is some kind of religious sect, or cult? Maybe one that believes in cannibalism. I don't claim to know how, but it could be possible this is some kind of masterfully created ruse to instill uncertainty and fear. If so, then by all accounts it seems to be working." Another girl said eventually.

"It would explain how it seems to be everywhere, and yet nowhere at the same time."

Without paying much attention to the last thing the girl said, Brianna slammed her head against the towel, making as much noise as Ingrid's fist, or possibly more. Luckily the fluffy square muffled the slam, causing nothing but a tickle in Brielle's head.

She could feel everyone's glare's again, this is not my day, she thought. After a while, she finally separated her face from the towel.

"Sorry about that" she said after a few seconds, retrieving her now not so wet hair from her whole face, "Anyways, about the whole sect-thing, what if they're not just trying to scare people?"

They were still staring at her, not that she minded, though.

"What if they're making us pay for something?"

Last edited:

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
    Years
  • Eric Stalker

Indigo Plateau
    "The Discussion finally gets started"

The situation sounded interesting from Eric's point of view. Many were indicating that it might have something to do with a Ghost Pokemon but really, a Ghost Pokemon would eat other Pokemon? For what such reason would that be. Eric did agree that it might have been a Ghost Pokemon but when you think of it. It seemed quite awkward.

Meanwhile the wet headed girl was trying so hard to dry her hair off, always dropping in her face every time she had to say something. Lucky a boy had woken up from his seat and helped her by providing a small towel to her and had surprisingly told her something on such first glance.

Eric had given the girl and quick look but gradually lost interest when the whole lot started to ask countless number of questions.

Personally, Eric thought that it must have been a new kind of species that Arceus must have had up his sleeve for a long time and thought that now it might be a good idea to let it free roam the lands and put us humans in a panic state. But still questions arose above all. Why would Arceus want us to find something we can't even see? And most of all, why didn't he release that creature a long time ago? Why now?

"Anyways, about the whole sect-thing, what if they're not just trying to scare people?" The wet headed girl said and gladly continued while it seemed that everyone was staring at her "What if they're making us pay for something?".

"Making us pay for what exactly?" Eric replied, a bit in a low tone voice which didn't fit his character and appearance. Eric continued with now in the presence of a wise charm full voice "For loving Pokemon? I won't think as much as that far off. we were intelligent enough to care about them and place them in homes instead of keeping them in the wild. I won't think Pokemon would want us to be their enemy after all what we've done for them. The only fact leading us to that monster is Arceus. For now we don't know if Arceus has been eaten himself, though the main point of theory here is that Arceus created Pokemons, and thus this must mean that he must have created the unknown creature. So if we all used our heads, this must definitely mean that we need to find Arceus". Eric closed his case. He knew that by now, one of them must be using their brains and close this case once and for all.

Hard work being a League Champion. Every single can't-handle-police stuff lies on the shoulders of those more powerful...meaning the Champion himself. Eric leaned his head down while he places his hand in his black jacket like he usually does to upon waiting what the others had to say.

Jacinth

~Darling~
    Years
  • "How in the world do we go by doing that?" Ingrid said after Eric finished. "The item used to awaken Arceus is just a legend, and even if it was real, how would we find it? And who says Arceus even wants to talk to us?"

She waited a bit before continuing. "I think we should just do what the IP did, but better. We set up an ambush for this Pokemon to see what it is, and then we can figure it out from there." Ingrid realized how risky it sounded, but, hey, they were champions, not a bunch of half-trained nitwits. "By the way it sounds, the Pokemon just came to them. It wouldn't be that hard to see it again, would it?"

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Nikolai Darius

Nikolai listened with an almost dark sort of curiosity. Boy, did these poor fellows need some work. Ghost types? Ambushes? Arceus' wrath indeed. He held back a small, sweet snicker, going patiently to pet Fia. He let out a soft delicate hum. The creature, to him at least, was hunting indiscriminately. It was only attacking those it did because they were in the way, because they were there… oh. Oh, now that was an interesting prospect. Maybe he ought to suggest it… no. Let it come to them. It was hard to control the impulse to not just state his theories but he utterly refused to be considered a hypocrite now.

He was rather amused by his new prospect. He wanted to find Arceus? Haha… why would the God look for a worm like that boy? "Gods aren't perfect," he intoned softly, soft enough that unless they were close to his side, they wouldn't catch it. "They aren't where they are because they don't make mistakes, they are only revered for the power they possess. Nothing more, nothing less. It's why humans make legends about them." He wasn't an expert on old history and Legends for nothing. Rune may have faded from the public eye, but from his head? Never in a million years.

That one girl mentioned the item that called Arceus being a legend. Ooh… about that… Nikolai smothered a laugh. Best never to say that. He didn't want any of these power tripped children or human associations to even think of touching that sacred ground without being called. That was how it worked. You were entrusted and they were all too caught up in their power for that to ever happen. That was why Nikolai had never removed it from where it was. He knew he didn't deserve it.

"Arceus wouldn't want to talk to anyone…" he mumbled. "If he did, he would be like Mew, letting himself be seen. Simply because an odd creature is going around eating living things doesn't mean interference with the mortal plane. Or perhaps I should correct myself: Living things with an awareness." It almost hurt his throat to sound so warm. Someone get him a cigarette.

Nikolai stopped dropping hints and continued, almost to himself. He had a sense that they were listening, but didn't quite care if they were. "This creature was attacking which came across against it. If we came across as attacking it, it would likely be considered an instant end right? Perhaps we need to be more careful and not go for instant confrontation." He stretched and returned his Leafeon, rising to his feet. "At any rate… we could all be right or wrong. Whatever the case may be, this will not be a quick solve I think?" His eyes sparkled under his bangs. Makes it interesting… "Since that's the case, we should probably get to know each other. You know," He smiled rather placidly. "In case we all get killed too. The IP and those trainers weren't exactly pushovers." He went to the door and opened it. "Have fun for a few moments okay? No need to be so sour among comrades."

As soon as he shut the door, Nikolai pulled the box out of his pocket, standing in the hall with one ear toward the door. The young man rolled his eyes. Conflicting images were the best, really. He lit the cigarette and breathed, dragging the smoke slowly through his system like the scent of a well-cooked meal. He was rather proud of himself for not simply blowing it in their faces. Perhaps never smoking while exploring did him more good than he thought it did. But still… god. That Sinnoh Champion was about as happily glued to his perch as a Hoothoot. So that was the guy Xander mentioned disliking.

That Unova one… what was it… Eve? Lost in her research and stuck stiff. Her rule was hated almost as much as Nikolai's own would be if he had it. They ought to trade notes or something. The other two… well one he wasn't sure about, as she hadn't said much. However, the Johto Champion was a stone cold fool. He knew the stories of the recent Champions. They hadn't lost a single fight, not since their league entry. Even for all the nuances and fights that came along that war; that still led to complacency. You had to get your butt handed to you once in a while. Nikolai himself never sweat his occasional rear-end bashings, but they reminded him he had effort and work to ever reach the height of others. Not that he wanted to… show-offy little farts.

"Ha-ah…" he breathed, relishing in the cloud that had left his lips. "That just isn't natural, that creature…" He was sympathizing with it and he didn't even know what it was. Joy.

Claire*

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    Evelyn "Eve" Magnolia

This meeting was getting nowhere. Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows. Hiro was growing increasingly bored at her feet, the faint heave of his chest turning into thunderous snoring. He woke with a shock, the surroundings foreign to him for but a second. Feeling the presence of his trainer nearby, he instantly remembered his whereabouts and returned to his slumberland. Albeit, in a much lighter sleep than before.

The Arceus idea was exceedingly ridiculous in her mind. Not that Eve believed in the old legend of the troglodytes. If anything, Arceus was nothing more than an incredibly powerful Pokemon, put on a pedestal by those who are too afraid to understand it's potential. The idea of one, all powerful Pokemon being responsible for all this, was amazingly difficult for Eve to believe. Faith was earned, and nothing had earned her earnest faith for a long time.

The odd boy with the white hair went on to make a point, one that Eve whole heartedly agreed with. Confronting this thing front on would be of little benefit. For all she knew, this thing could be attracted to power. The planet's best trainers all in one place, well, that would be like leading a Tauros to the slaughter.

He rose to his feet and made his way out of the room, making some parting comments about them meeting their own demise. Eve had no intention of dying, a conclusion she couldn't even accept. She honestly didn't care about meeting the others either. So far, her conclusion had seemed the most logical and practical to achieve. The room dropped to silence as he made his exit, ideas obviously being processed in the minds of the others.

Eve pushed her chair behind her, the sound unusually loud in the vacuum. Rising to her feet, she called for her Pokemon. "Hiro, come on." She left without even a parting comment to the others. Pushed open the doors and heard the sound of Hiro following close behind. She didn't want to meet the others, but at least this one was intriguing. He was right outside, puffing away on his death sticks as Eve liked to call them.

"Hey Powder Snow," She called to him. "You know those are going to kill you one day, right?" He looked genuinely pleased with the fog that surrounded him, almost relishing the experience. "What a disgusting habit. Have you nothing better to do, than be cryptic and proceed to commit painfully slow suicide?" Eve said in passing, walking to the wall opposite him. She leaned the back of her shoulders against the firm bulwark, propping her left foot against it flatly, her leg bent at the knee.

"Besides, wouldn't want you to croak on us before you decide to share your full suspicion. Go ahead, wow me." She said with a mildly antagonistic spirit behind her voice. Ironic, the man who stated they all might meet their doom, here he was, willingly puffing on his.

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Nikolai Darius
    ]
    Who should come out but the pretty face with all head? Her remark made him snicker softly. "No . iss Eve, I'm doing this for my health. That's why I am here, listening to all of you speak of people amd things you have no basis for and lord your titles over each other like kings. This boredom will likely kill me before the stick in my fingers." He let himself smile at her, warmth practically oozing from it. "If I wasn't aware it was killing me, I would have found something else. everything dies at some point, I would at least like mine to be a terrible fight on my own choices."

He smirked a little, breathing another cloud. Wow, this chick was easy. Who would have thunk she would take the bait first? "You'd be cute if you weren't so stingy," he commented passively. Whi knew watching others fail at getting girls would be useful? "And runes tend to be cryptic sweetie, it's why people like me translate them."

He glanced at her through the cloud. "My theory? Hm... I doubt it matters to you." Nikolai gave a long-suffering sigh "People like you simply miss all the fun." He frowned wearily. "I believe there is a creature out there or perhaps it even could be a group of people....regardless, it wants to punish the world... For existing. For living with happiness and taking that for granted. And it yearns for those feelings. So... What better to take it from than those who are fighting it for such a thing?" He paused. "Something of note as well, why did the ones who survive did? Because it wanted to leave a message possibly. To toy with its next players? To strike fear? Or did they not have what it was waiting for?"

He smiled happily, like a child with a toy. "It's all just so fascinating to figure out..."

Claire*

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    Evelyn "Eve" Magnolia

"Well...sweetie," Eve calmly responded, her voice showing almost no inflection. An over exaggerated groan left her lips, as she kicked off from the wall. Taking a few steps toward the man, she penetrated the billow of smoke escaping him like a chimney. Her blue eyes flickered appraisingly over him, head to toe and back again. In an attempt to look into his eyes, she held her gaze. Eyes were the gateway to the soul after all.

Pulling herself in close, she whispered in his face almost pointblank. "If we're the Kings, then you must be our Jester. Go ahead, dance monkey." She had to do her best to suppress a chuckle. Oh lord, people were usually so droll and vain. His attempts at baiting her were so...quaint. Of course she had to indulge him a little.

Pulling herself away, she let the 'cute' comments go unanswered. She had no intention of being 'cute'. She circled him in the hall, the smoke now permeating the air and pores of her clothing. "So, people like you translate runes? Who exactly are people like you? I know why I'm here, I'm confused as to your presence."

The white hair threw her, albinism, hair dye? Eve couldn't know for sure. "If you want my job, by all means, please relieve me of this burden." She implored him teasingly. "For someone who seems to resent others in power, why don't you try it on for once?"

Eve paused behind him, her back to his. "Your theory is interesting. Of course, unless you have proof, it's all baseless conjecture." Her voice growing distant at the end in thought.

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Nikolai Darius

Nikolai chuckled coldly, the action smoothly hiding his gaze from hers. "You are just so cute!" He squealed falsely, grinning as he put out his cancer stick against the wall. "You are just like how I thought and it makes me almost wish you were my type. Change genders okay?" Then, he pulled a small stone from his pocket, casually tossing it like he was ready to lodge it in her skull. "You know, I think I'd rather be the jester. They usually don't get beheaded for screwing up."

He reached out and gently stroked her cheek. "Oh no I am most certainly the one you least want to take your place. I dislike the power and the first thing I would use mine for is to rip this world into depravity, brick by brick. It would just be for fun too. I don't simply hate those in power Miss Eve, I hate those like the Association who hire fools like you and put them in pretty cages. It just seems all sp. Mundane." He locked eyes with her for a moment, grinning like a cat who found a nice mouse to rip apart.

"You ask why I'm here," he stated after pacing away restlessly. "You ask that of all things. Haha....oh dear oh dear. It's just so sweet." The last word drudged out to be heard, calm and chilly like frozen taffy. "Well you see... I am here because of my memory of the entire Pokemon world. I could tell you where Arceus first stepped, the history dating farther back than recorded. Quite simply, I'm a walking history book." There was no pride in his voice, merely a matter of fact nature. He wasn't bragging; this was his heritage, his family's life work and pride. "Also my team is diverse, trained to fsvor nothing and no one." The last was offhand, loosely dispassionate.

"Also sweetie, you ought to be careful." He smiled at her, letting blue eyes flicker into hers. "I don't care if I turn out wrong; it's more fun that way. However the least you can do is not assume you're right. After all, a cult is promising, but since you are all the biggest obstacles to prosperity, wouldn't they have killed you first? Something to consider in you superiority: you are as mortal as lil me."

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
    Years
  • Living Qualities
    Brianna "Brielle" Jennsen
    158.gif
    263.gif
    111.gif

After a pair of the members decided to depart the conference room for reasons no one seemed to understand yet. An extremely awkward silence began ruling in the room. A silence way more awkward than those generated by Brianna thus far.

"So..." She eventually said, trying to disperse the thick mist of awkwardness that surrounded them, only to direct everyone's glares to her... once more.

"What now? Do we talk about books or something?" She eventually proceed. Upon seeing her efforts for communication were useless, she eventually stood up, "You now what, we might die in the next hours, we should at least try to get to know each other!" She said, almost as if the was nagging at the others, "Hello, I'm Brianna! I'm sixteen, nice to meet you all!"

Brianna turned around and began walking with a slow pace at the beginning, slowly increasing her speed in a rather unnoticed way. As she came closer to the creaky door, she could start hearing several dialogues that seemed to be from a discussion.

Is that why they left? Brianna asked herself, Just to argue?!

She was finally in front of the door, but she felt like she couldn't just left without saying something more, and thus, she turned around, and while she made weird gestures with both hands, she spoke one last time.

"Brianna, out!" She said, feeling proud of this apparently clever line. As she turned once more, her feet accidentally kicked Rigbone, who had followed her all the time. After the impact, Rigbone began running between her legs while she still tried to walk. Get off, it was an accident!, she thought, and before her thoughts had materialized into words, her face was already heading towards the floor; she had tripped.

The fall opened the creaky door, which made everyone stare at her once more while she laid on the floor. Ouch was the only thing she could think at the time.

"Um... Hi" she said while she stood up. The doors finally closed behind her and Rigbone.

"I don't know what's going on here..." Brianna said at last, "But thank god you still have your clothes on."

Back